Beretta Pico

Buzz Jenkins

Aug 20, 2015
Has anyone shot the new Pico by Beretta? I am always interested In small carry pieces. I wear a suit most days, and I cannot walk around with one of my Glocks or my 1911 strapped to me because it freaks out to many people. With a tucked in shirt I cannot use an inside the waste band holster. My preferred way to carry is right front pocket.

I have been carrying a Keltec P32 for years. You do not even know it is there. It is well broken in and extremely reliable as long as it is regularly cleaned. I upgraded about a year ago to a Beretta Nano 9mm for everyday carry. I have a pocket holster in which I can carry it, but it is a little bulky and heavy in dress pants. Most days I end up padding it over for the Keltec.

So I have been reading reviews of the new Pico by Beretta. It is a .380, is something like 11 ounces unloaded, and supposedly the thinnest piece you can get. Like the Nano it is slick so as to avoid snags.

I expect that like other Berettas there will be a break in period. It took about 150 - 200 rounds of heavy loads in the Nano to loosen it up to where I was confident of its reliability. The negative points on the reviews of the Pico seem to center around the trigger and that it is awkward to handle.

I have just about convinced myself to buy the Pico but I wanted to make sure this is what I am really looking for; namely, a light, reliable .380 for everyday comfortable carry. I know that there are a lot of fans of the LC and M&P pocket .380s, but I have a preference for Beretta.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Has anyone shot the new Pico by Beretta? I am always interested In small carry pieces. I wear a suit most days, and I cannot walk around with one of my Glocks or my 1911 strapped to me because it freaks out to many people. With a tucked in shirt I cannot use an inside the waste band holster. My preferred way to carry is right front pocket.

I have been carrying a Keltec P32 for years. You do not even know it is there. It is well broken in and extremely reliable as long as it is regularly cleaned. I upgraded about a year ago to a Beretta Nano 9mm for everyday carry. I have a pocket holster in which I can carry it, but it is a little bulky and heavy in dress pants. Most days I end up padding it over for the Keltec.

So I have been reading reviews of the new Pico by Beretta. It is a .380, is something like 11 ounces unloaded, and supposedly the thinnest piece you can get. Like the Nano it is slick so as to avoid snags.

I expect that like other Berettas there will be a break in period. It took about 150 - 200 rounds of heavy loads in the Nano to loosen it up to where I was confident of its reliability. The negative points on the reviews of the Pico seem to center around the trigger and that it is awkward to handle.

I have just about convinced myself to buy the Pico but I wanted to make sure this is what I am really looking for; namely, a light, reliable .380 for everyday comfortable carry. I know that there are a lot of fans of the LC and M&P pocket .380s, but I have a preference for Beretta.

Don't they have tuckable holsters...where you can tuck in the shirt but wear the gun inside the wasteband?

Have you fired one.....? Can you rent one at a range?

Have you fired one.....? Can you rent one at a range?

I have not fired one yet. I haven't tried renting one but that is a good idea. I will check with our local indoor range and see if I can do that. Thanks.

I'm curious if you keep a round chambered when you carry?
I do in with my Glock 19. My other carry is an S&W Airweight .38 which of course is a 5 shot cylinder.

Yes, I do. I used to be a little nervous about doing it, but not anymore. My Kel-Tec is double action with a relatively heavy pull and I keep it in a pocket holster, so it is safe.

Forum List

Back