Benghazi

D

Dim Bulb

I thought getting the truth about Benghazi was absolutely essential to the continuing survival of the country. I'm pretty sure I heard that over the past two years at least. But it's been strangely silent since November. Is Benghazi no longer important?

I thought getting the truth about Benghazi was absolutely essential to the continuing survival of the country. I'm pretty sure I heard that over the past two years at least. But it's been strangely silent since November. Is Benghazi no longer important?
Not since the deleted emails...

It's still important. It's just that political partisans on both sides have distorted the truth so much, not many people can see the truth about that night.

IMHO, give it a couple years. Time and distance from the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton will allow the truth to come out in a cooler political climate.

My bet is that the WH was running a gun transfer operation out of Benghazi using the CIA. It was a twofer; getting guns out of Libya and giving guns to secular Syrian rebels. State had an interest in the operation, hence the presence of the Ambassador at the consulate. The operation was run in secret and on a shoe-string, so no security contingency plans were in place (that's a major leadership failure). When the attack came killing the Ambassador and 3 other Americans (wounding 4 more) just 8 weeks before a tight election, the Obama WH decided to spin the event to avoid adverse political fallout. Republicans smelled blood in the water and went into a feeding frenzy. IMO, the fault is more with the Obama WH than Hillary, who was fucking clueless due to a paranoid desire to stay off classified government email networks in favor of her private one.

Forum List

Back