Benghazi: My take, and why conservatives and Republicans need to forget about it.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Benghazi.
My take - of course something is not right. And the administrations various explanations and contrasting statements raise serious and obvious doubts. A story that you would think the media would be all over. It has everything - scandal, violence resulting in multiple deaths, suspicion of cover-ups, conflicting statements and explanations that do not explain what happened. Something terrible DID happen, but unfortunately it will be years before we find out what. And that is wrong.
Why it must be dropped by the Republicans.
Conservatives like to see ourselves as people who face realities, and deal with them accordingly. Well, the reality is Benghazi is a dead story. Half of the nation doesn't want to know what happened, and most of the rest don't care. Don't care. Right or wrong - that is the reality. And as bad and hard to swallow as it is - we must face that reality and move on. The truth will come out. But it will not be now.

Last edited:
Benghazi.
My take - of course something is not right. And the administrations various explanations and contrasting statements raise serious and obvious doubts. A story that you would think the media would be all over. It has everything - scandal, violence resulting in multiple deaths, suspicion of cover-ups, conflicting statements and explanations that do not explain what happened. But they are not. Something terrible DID happen, and it will be years before we find out what. And that is wrong.
Conservatives like to see ourselves as people who face realities, and deal with them accordingly. Well, the reality is Benghazi is a dead story. Half of the nation doesn't want to know what happened, and most of the rest don't care. Don't care. Right or wrong - that is the reality. And as bad and hard to swallow as it is - we must face that reality and move on. The truth will come out. But it will not be now.

You speak for half the nation? And then for the rest of the nation?

Everyone I speak with want to know the truth about Benghazi. Who knew what when and why isn't anyone held accountable yet.

Your reality isn't everyone's reality, it's just your own.

Benghazi.
My take - of course something is not right. And the administrations various explanations and contrasting statements raise serious and obvious doubts. A story that you would think the media would be all over. It has everything - scandal, violence resulting in multiple deaths, suspicion of cover-ups, conflicting statements and explanations that do not explain what happened. Something terrible DID happen, but unfortunately it will be years before we find out what. And that is wrong.

I totally disagree. The Right needs to be on Benghazi 24/7.

Benghazi.
My take - of course something is not right. And the administrations various explanations and contrasting statements raise serious and obvious doubts. A story that you would think the media would be all over. It has everything - scandal, violence resulting in multiple deaths, suspicion of cover-ups, conflicting statements and explanations that do not explain what happened. But they are not. Something terrible DID happen, and it will be years before we find out what. And that is wrong.

Everyone I speak with want to know the truth about Benghazi. Who knew what when and why isn't anyone held accountable yet.

Odd...I thought I said "My Take"..and then I thought I said why I think we conservatives need to drop it. THat sounds a lot like someone saying their opinion and not speaking for anyone but himself

Benghazi.

We already did, and we lost the election.
Like I said - I completely believe there is much more to the story than what we have been told. But if only ONE network covers it, we will not learn anything until Obama is out of office. You likely remember that ALL of the media was all over this story - 24/7 - when they thought it was about a youtube video. But when it turned into something much larger, something that could seriously damage Obama's election - they dropped it.
Period.
And let me tell you - they won't pick it up again.
We have a LOT bigger issues with this nation that Benghazi, if we make this a key part of the election - we will lose again.
I care - you care - but Democrats do not care, and the vast majority of everyone else is too busy watching American Idol.

Benghazi.

Odd...I thought I said "My Take"..and then I thought I said why I think we conservatives need to drop it. THat sounds a lot like someone saying their opinion and not speaking for anyone but himself

Well if that's "your take", then you are an ignorant clown.

You did say "Well, the reality is Benghazi is a dead story. Half of the nation doesn't want to know what happened, and most of the rest don't care". That doesn't read as an opinion.

Fact is.it isn't a "dead story" no matter how much you stupid libs want it to be. Fact is the vast majority of Americans view Benghazi as serious.

Benghazi.

Like I said - I completely believe there is much more to the story than what we have been told. But if only ONE network covers it, we will not learn anything until Obama is out of office. You likely remember that ALL of the media was all over this story - 24/7 - when they thought it was about a youtube video. But when it turned into something much larger, something that could seriously damage Obama's election - they dropped it.
Period.
We have a LOT bigger issues with this nation that Benghazi, if we make this a key part of the election - we will lose again.
I care - you care - but Democrats do not care, and the vast majority of everyone else is too busy watching American Idol.

Your stupidity is showing, Benghazi wasn't really a big issue in the election, the public wasn't made fully aware of the massive cover-up until after the election.

You did say "Well, the reality is Benghazi is a dead story. Half of the nation doesn't want to know what happened, and most of the rest don't care". That doesn't read as an opinion.

Fact is.it isn't a "dead story" no matter how much you stupid libs want it to be. Fact is the vast majority of Americans view Benghazi as serious.

Do me a favor and become a Democrat will you?
You think I am a liberal?? :eusa_eh:
That's pretty funny. And I am an ignorant clown because my opinion is different than yours?? And you call liberals intolerant??

Last edited:

Period.

Your stupidity is showing, Benghazi wasn't really a big issue in the election, the public wasn't made fully aware of the massive cover-up until after the election.

You know what - go f*ck yourself.
I am offering up what I think, you don't like it so you resort to name calling.
You assume I am a liberal - which is hilarious...five seconds of reading post I have made will clearly point that as being stupidity.

That's pretty funny. And I am an ignorant clown because my opinion is different than yours?? And you call liberals intolerant??

Yes I do think you're a liberal because you act like one. You're ignorant because you think half the nation doesn't want to know what happened and the rest don't care despite the facts to the contrary.

Yes, you liberals are intolerant.

Period.

You assume I am a liberal - which is hilarious...five seconds of reading post I have made will clearly point that as being stupidity.

Spoken like a true liberal.

Well, you ARE bitching and moaning because Benghazi has destroyed Hillarys chance at the White House. That is generally not a GOP position.

I'm just sayin...

The narrative is too complicated for the American public. By the time you explain what happened and the phony story that went out, and why HRC should be considered at fault, the viewing public has already changed the channel.

There are some forums where a clear and concise summary might be useful in the future - maybe at a presidential debate - but I agree there's little to be gained by focusing on it at this time.

Benghazi.

Period.

It wasn't enough. More on FOX....more called Congressional investigations. You need more.

Well, you ARE bitching and moaning because Benghazi has destroyed Hillarys chance at the White House. That is generally not a GOP position.

I'm just sayin...

Yes..yes..please do link where I am bitching about Benghazi endangering Hildebeast's chances??

Spoken like a true liberal.
I wonder if the families of the fallen care " what difference does it make at this point " The fact of Benghazi is that this administation abandoned our ambassador, before, and during the pre planned terrorist attack. They mislead the world for political purposes, and they have thwarted every effort at the truth; covered up!

The reason FOX is the only network that cares is, because the others are liberal, and political. We the people have a right to the truth, and someone needs to be held accountable.

Until then, it should be front, and center.

That fucking bitch Hillary told the families that they would get the video man, knowing full well that he had no bearing at all. Her, and Bill make a good pair.

The narrative is too complicated for the American public. By the time you explain what happened and the phony story that went out, and why HRC should be considered at fault, the viewing public has already changed the channel.

There are some forums where a clear and concise summary might be useful in the future - maybe at a presidential debate - but I agree there's little to be gained by focusing on it at this time.

Thank you...:clap2:
Someone who post an opinion without wild assumptions and insults.
See folks? This is what intelligent people do.

Thank you...:clap2:
Someone who post an opinion without wild assumptions and insults.
See folks? This is what intelligent people do.

Well, the problem is the TPM narrative makes no sense. I think people are willing to assume Obama didn't want this to be a political issue. 25% of the electorate will never vote for a dem, but the GOP needs more.

The GOP smoking gun of CONSPIRACY is the terrorists had "heavy weapons." Of course they did. But it's not unreasonable for the admin to have been uncertain if the motivation was some militia leader pissed off over the issue dejour, or al queda. It's reasonable for Obama to be confused because the reality is we are confused about the ME. That's the issue. If all the TPM can do is poke around saying "oh look there are no womd, the potus is evil" we ain't gonna go anywhere good.

There's an international consensus to be had, assuming the gop had a true leader or visionary like a Nixon or Reagan, but any consensus would have to accept the intl consensus on Israel and the occupied terrotories too.

Forum List

Back