Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

From the following site. This tells me that they really don't know what the Great Pyramid was used for, any theory is a good as the next.

Great Pyramid of Giza Research Association

It is safe to say that men have been seeking an answer to the riddle of the Great Pyramid for over 4000 years. Theories range from a tomb or monument for a Pharaoh, an astronomical observatory, a place for elaborate Egyptian rituals, a giant sundial, a grain storage structure, a prophetic monument, a water irrigation system, a repository for ancient knowledge, the Egyptian Book of the Dead immortalized in stone, a communication device to other worlds or realms, etc. The list goes on. Also the list of who build the Great Pyramid includes the Egyptians, Sethites, Atlantians, and aliens to name a few.

geez , still being talked about but who cares . not a big deal . As already said , Carson was studying medicine , not 'egyptology' !!

Where I come from, grade-school kids learn about ancient Egypt.

As i linked above, if you say that the Great Pyramid was a tomb then you know more the the experts. Since no one was found in the Great Pyramid and they had to break in to get in. So maybe what they teach in grade school is just what people THINK, not reality.

geez , still being talked about but who cares . not a big deal . As already said , Carson was studying medicine , not 'egyptology' !!

As i linked above, if you say that the Great Pyramid was a tomb then you know more the the experts. Since no one was found in the Great Pyramid and they had to break in to get in. So maybe what they teach in grade school is just what people THINK, not reality.

Did I say anything about the Great Pyramid? No, I didn't.

I'm just amazed that some people think you have to "study Egyptology" to know more about Egypt than Ben Carson does...or half the RWs on this board, apparently.

Did I say anything about the Great Pyramid? No, I didn't.

I'm just amazed that some people think you have to "study Egyptology" to know more about Egypt than Ben Carson does...or half the RWs on this board, apparently.

Oh BS. The topic was if the Great Pyramids were used for grain storage. You snarky demeaned Carson when in fact whatever you learned about the pyramids would have to have been, they don't know what they were used for.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson once vocalized an odd theory about Egyptian history.

According to a video unearthed by BuzzFeed on Wednesday, Carson posited in a 1998 commencement address at Andrews University that the pyramids in Egypt were used for grain storage rather than as tombs for ancient kings and queens.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said, referring to the Old Testament. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, [something to store that grain] would have to be something awfully big, if you stop and think about it."

Carson appeared to be referencing the biblical figure of Joseph, who was sold into slavery in Egypt and later went on to advise the Egyptian pharaoh to store grain due to a coming famine.

J.G. Manning, a professor of classics who studies Egyptian history at Yale University, called Carson's version of events "lunatic."

More: Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

Grain storage? I prefer to think that space aliens built them.

As time goes by you can see why Ben Carson likes to keep quiet, this guy is actually crazy. He thinks the world 6,000 years old and apparently he twists actual events to fit his pathological need to fit everything into the bible.

The pyramids used to store grain? The fact that this quack believes this crap is one thing, but he then comes out and says it in public.

There hasn't been much debate for over 100 years on what the pyramids were used for, but Carson looks at the world and his mind needs to fit reality into the unreality that is his pseudo-biblical world view.

I predict this guy's crazy is going to continue to leak out and he will be forced to drop out of the race. His creepiness factor during one on one interviews is off the scale as well.

See how the far left drones like to bash anyone that does not believe in the far left religion..

Well, I have heard this grain theory before, but a quick search shows that his theory isn’t so unusual:

According to various blogs and websites, the Step Pyramid of Djoser was first used for grain storage and later converted into a tomb. (?) He seems to be advancing a creationist’s (?) viewpoint in that speech.

Whatever the case, Carson made the statement 17 years ago.

Then again many of the Native Americans believe in star people, and many of them are tribe elders. So this just goes the hypocrisy of the far left here..

What is the far left drone religion? Is that anything like a born-again evangelical redneck rightie?

The purpose of this sarcophagus clearly was just in case someone ate themselves to death with all that grain.

Mvc-003f.jpg

Are you saying no one was entombed in the Great Pyramid of Giza?

The purpose of this sarcophagus clearly was just in case someone ate themselves to death with all that grain.

Mvc-003f.jpg

Looks like a box. Was any human parts found in the box or for that matter anywhere in the Great Pyramid?

One thing is certain, if it was built to be a tomb, like other pyramids may have been, it was not used for one.

Nothing was ever found inside, and no it was not because of tomb raiders.

There are no inscriptions within the Great pyramid, very unlike any other tomb.

The passages ascend in the GP unlike all other that descend to a tomb.

Yes, this goes against what most believe to be so but that does not mean it isn't so.

The grand gallery, what would be its' use in a tomb?

The GP at Giza was not a tomb.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson once vocalized an odd theory about Egyptian history.

According to a video unearthed by BuzzFeed on Wednesday, Carson posited in a 1998 commencement address at Andrews University that the pyramids in Egypt were used for grain storage rather than as tombs for ancient kings and queens.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said, referring to the Old Testament. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, [something to store that grain] would have to be something awfully big, if you stop and think about it."

Carson appeared to be referencing the biblical figure of Joseph, who was sold into slavery in Egypt and later went on to advise the Egyptian pharaoh to store grain due to a coming famine.

J.G. Manning, a professor of classics who studies Egyptian history at Yale University, called Carson's version of events "lunatic."

More: Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

Grain storage? I prefer to think that space aliens built them.

They did...to store alien grain.

Forum List

Back