Ben Carson Begins Shedding Conservatism Even Before Primary

"Every time Democrats want to raise taxes, there are vociferous complaints from conservative Republicans about how Democrats raising taxes is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty because it's the government using its power to redistribute income from one group (rich people) to another group (poor people)."

It's interesting how wrong republican can be, how they dream up such nonsense and lies having no basis in reality whatsoever.

Raising taxes is not a “restriction of individual freedom and liberty,” the notion is unfounded nonsense.

Taxes might be increased to allow government to do what it's tasked to do at the behest of the people, reflecting the will of the people through their elected representatives.

It's not some nefarious conspiracy to 'restrict' individual freedom and liberty.

The state compelling a woman to give birth against her will through force of law is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty, denying same-sex couples access to marriage law is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty, voter 'ID laws' are a restriction of individual freedom and liberty – it's remarkable how many on the right have no concern for these restrictions of individual freedom and liberty, and in fact seek to facilitate such restrictions of individual freedom and liberty.

So who is pure enough at this point?

Trump's probably the biggest RINO on the slate, but for some reason he's getting a huge pass. Rubio is evidently a RINO because of his stand on immigration.

So, Cruz? Anyone else?
Actually being called a REPUBLICAN at this point could be considered an insult, because of how the republicans we have in office have drug the name through the mud and pissed on all those who put them on power, so I'm not real concerned with who's a REPUBLICAN. Being a RINO at this point might be a good thing.

I like Cruz a lot. I just might vote for him instead of Trump. It's a toss up.

composition fallacy
I never said any of those things about restricitng liberty freedom...blah...blah...You did.

You needed a platform to display your disapproval so you invent strawmen to knock over.

Of course you didn't say those things. Because you don't understand them.

Tariffs are taxes that restrict choice. You support higher taxes and restrictions on individual liberty for economic redistribution. Far leftists agree with you.

Post your Cv and bona fides so we can see why you think you know more about banking, international financing, running a business empire worth over a billion dollars than trump does.

I have an undergraduate degree with honours in finance and economics, an MBA from a top school, a CFA, run a $10 billion investment program that invests in all sorts of different assets around the world, and am in the top 5% for income. Also, I've never gone bankrupt.

Trump knows more about investing in real estate than I do. He also knows more about reality TV and garnering ratings, as well as cheating on his wife and getting trophy wives. But he doesn't know more about investing in most other things and economics.

What are your CV and bona fides?

anyone can make vague, unsupported claims about "this economist said this...or this economist said that"...

Not educated people.

When economists of every stripe agree on anything, it is noteworthy. So it is a sign of unusual accord that 300 economists, ranging from conservatives like James M. Buchanan and Milton Friedman to liberals including Paul A. Samuelson and James Tobin, recently signed a letter to President Clinton supporting the North American Free Trade Agreement.​

A Primer: Why Economists Favor Free-Trade Agreement

Last edited:
Trump OR Cruz , I like them both but only one will be nominated and have the chance to be President . Won't vote for any of the other rinos though if one of them gets the nomination .

Vote for Trump by all means, but do understand you "conservatives" are pushing a Progressive Statist.

Go for it.

BUt JakeAss...YOU were always the one that told us we should be MORE MODERATE, and not so conservative...Well, fucking idiot, we have now done EXACTLY what YOU wanted, have gone with a man that IS NOT A TRUE CONSERVATIVE, BUT has the RIGHT IDEAS for America to become great again financially, and ethically....and yet YOU and the scumbags of the LEFT, who you represent, now tell us, we're PROGRESSIVE STATISTS, just like YOU ALWAYS WANTED.... you are either a straight COMMUNIST bastard, or you are COMPLETELY a NUTBAG....I have my ideas, but either way, you are totally worthless as any type of public orator!

I just said we'd bring manufacturing jobs back to america...

You and Trump? How?
yeah, clown..me and trump are going to do it..

..semantic distortion may amuse you and make you think you're quite clever! and witty! .....but you aren't
Now..if you want to know more about his intentions, go look for yourself. You're not running me around in circles, hyperpartisan agitator.

A quick outline of Trumps plan would indicate to us you are not just repeating campaign promises.

A low information voter can only repeat promises. A knowledgable person can state 2 or 3 points and solidly argue why these points are both practical and do able by the candidate.

Could do so in less space you use to retort that you were not going to do it--that is, a well informed voter could.

You and Trump? How?

..semantic distortion may amuse you and make you think you're quite clever! and witty! .....but you aren't
Now..if you want to know more about his intentions, go look for yourself. You're not running me around in circles, hyperpartisan agitator.

A quick outline of Trumps plan would indicate to us you are not just repeating campaign promises.

A low information voter can only repeat promises. A knowledgable person can state 2 or 3 points and solidly argue why these points are both practical and do able by the candidate.

Could do so in less space you use to retort that you were not going to do it--that is, a well informed voter could.

your weak ad homs and snide insinuations are comical, hyperpartisan.

"Every time Democrats want to raise taxes, there are vociferous complaints from conservative Republicans about how Democrats raising taxes is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty because it's the government using its power to redistribute income from one group (rich people) to another group (poor people)."

It's interesting how wrong republican can be, how they dream up such nonsense and lies having no basis in reality whatsoever.

Raising taxes is not a “restriction of individual freedom and liberty,” the notion is unfounded nonsense.

Taxes might be increased to allow government to do what it's tasked to do at the behest of the people, reflecting the will of the people through their elected representatives.

It's not some nefarious conspiracy to 'restrict' individual freedom and liberty.

The state compelling a woman to give birth against her will through force of law is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty, denying same-sex couples access to marriage law is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty, voter 'ID laws' are a restriction of individual freedom and liberty – it's remarkable how many on the right have no concern for these restrictions of individual freedom and liberty, and in fact seek to facilitate such restrictions of individual freedom and liberty.

Normally, I agree with you, but this time I can't

Taxes limit your consumer choices. It does restrict your liberty of choice in the market place pushing some goods out of your choice range due to cost.

Seems like an odd right, but it is a restriction on consumer liberty. Note: like a lot of other rights/liberties, it is not finely stated in the constitution!!

You and Trump? How?

If you do not know how Trump is going to bring back jobs, just say so.

I find his tariff plans somewhat interesting. Tell me, is he going to get rid of NAFTA?

You and Trump? How?

I find his tariff plans somewhat interesting. Tell me, is he going to get rid of NAFTA?

take a hike, scooter...you don't make smart assed comments about me and then think you can set up some fake parameters that I have to "meet" to satisfy you.

now, call me some names and declare "victory" and we'll be done.

Vote for Trump by all means, but do understand you "conservatives" are pushing a Progressive Statist.

Go for it.

BUt JakeAss...YOU were always the one that told us we should be MORE MODERATE, and not so conservative...Well, fucking idiot, we have now done EXACTLY what YOU wanted, have gone with a man that IS NOT A TRUE CONSERVATIVE, BUT has the RIGHT IDEAS for America to become great again financially, and ethically....and yet YOU and the scumbags of the LEFT, who you represent, now tell us, we're PROGRESSIVE STATISTS, just like YOU ALWAYS WANTED.... you are either a straight COMMUNIST bastard, or you are COMPLETELY a NUTBAG....I have my ideas, but either way, you are totally worthless as any type of public orator!
I never said you should be more moderate: those are your words, Vigilante.

I told you that you were idiots conspiring in your ultra conservatism to overthrow American values.

Thank you for admitting that your values were wrong and that you have become RINOs, statist progressives, and that your path has become clear.

You and Trump? How?

take a hike, scooter...you don't make smart assed comments about me and then think you can set up some fake parameters that I have to "meet" to satisfy you.

Rooter does not like having the same parameters placed on him that he places on others. Vigilatne has the same problem.

The fun thing is knowing that when and if Trump becomes the party's candidate he will turn his back on the far right reactionaries and the social conservatives.

Win Win for the mainstream moderate Republicans.

You and Trump? How?

Only label I can give you is "another person blinded by Trumpism"

I've been there. His plans, when considering the legal barriers in place, are unfeasible. It would be a case of easier said than done, but I doubt he has the incentives to even "do" what he says.

Only label I can give you is "another person blinded by Trumpism"
I didn't ask you about labels or what you thought of me though, did I?

I've been there. His plans, when considering the legal barriers in place, are unfeasible. It would be a case of easier said than done, but I doubt he has the incentives to even "do" what he says.
explain the benefits of an open border to me?
tell me why the border can't be closed and enforced and a wall built?

Rooter, what you think is immaterial.

You are simply :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: to thinking people.

Carson can't be elected, and if Trump is elected, he will be unable to carry through with most of his campaign promises.

He cannot transform America back in time to 2008.

..and trump has addressed this very thing (his clothing line) months ago...Why don't you move down your DNC script to the "bankruptcies"...or the " he kicked old people out into the street"?..try those...see if you do any better.

If it's good enough for America, it should be good enough for RINO Trump. Yet RINO Trump does what's best for his pocketbook, not for America. RINO Trump lies to you because he tells you what you want to hear.

Mercantilism - which is what you are supporting - is the enemy of freedom. By raising taxes and using government power to restrict individual liberty and choice, you are supporting what far Leftists and other Marxists and trade unionists have long advocated. This is what Trump is advocating. And you're swallowing it, hook, line and sinker.

Please....GO DONALD!

..and trump has addressed this very thing (his clothing line) months ago...Why don't you move down your DNC script to the "bankruptcies"...or the " he kicked old people out into the street"?..try those...see if you do any better.

If it's good enough for America, it should be good enough for RINO Trump. Yet RINO Trump does what's best for his pocketbook, not for America. RINO Trump lies to you because he tells you what you want to hear.

Mercantilism - which is what you are supporting - is the enemy of freedom. By raising taxes and using government power to restrict individual liberty and choice, you are supporting what far Leftists and other Marxists and trade unionists have long advocated. This is what Trump is advocating. And you're swallowing it, hook, line and sinker.

Please....GO DONALD!

get used to whining about "President Trump"

Forum List

Back