Ben Carson Begins Shedding Conservatism Even Before Primary

..and trump has addressed this very thing (his clothing line) months ago...Why don't you move down your DNC script to the "bankruptcies"...or the " he kicked old people out into the street"?..try those...see if you do any better.

If it's good enough for America, it should be good enough for RINO Trump. Yet RINO Trump does what's best for his pocketbook, not for America. RINO Trump lies to you because he tells you what you want to hear.

Mercantilism - which is what you are supporting - is the enemy of freedom. By raising taxes and using government power to restrict individual liberty and choice, you are supporting what far Leftists and other Marxists and trade unionists have long advocated. This is what Trump is advocating. And you're swallowing it, hook, line and sinker.

agitprop

and you dodged my question twice.

..and trump has addressed this very thing (his clothing line) months ago...Why don't you move down your DNC script to the "bankruptcies"...or the " he kicked old people out into the street"?..try those...see if you do any better.

If it's good enough for America, it should be good enough for RINO Trump. Yet RINO Trump does what's best for his pocketbook, not for America. RINO Trump lies to you because he tells you what you want to hear.

Mercantilism - which is what you are supporting - is the enemy of freedom. By raising taxes and using government power to restrict individual liberty and choice, you are supporting what far Leftists and other Marxists and trade unionists have long advocated. This is what Trump is advocating. And you're swallowing it, hook, line and sinker.

agitprop

I believe in capitalism and individual freedom. Therefore, I believe that RINO Trump has every right to manufacture his goods offshore.

Do you support using government power and raising taxes to restrict individual liberty? That's what you are advocating.

RINO Trump has never been a conservative.

So why does it matter?
This is what absolutely boggles my mind. I just don't get it.

We are willing to go back ANY amount of time to prove or disprove all of our candidates conservatism in every election cycle but for some unknown reason Trump gets a complete pass at being vetted. A total pass. Why? Because he talked shit on illegals? That is one issue & while I mostly agree with him on it, it DOES NOT make him a conservative. Nor does it excuse decades of his liberal positions.

Now watch, I will be attacked or called a liberal or some other stupid shit but the content of my post & Trump himself will get passed over in the responses.

Trump IS the biggest moderate on that stage.

Trump is a loud mouth bore who specializes in substance-free tough talk. Ben Carson is truly unqualified to even talk about anything at the policy level. He literally only appeals to people who have had little to no college education.

Bush will be the nominee. I told everyone this a year ago. It has never been in doubt. The party bosses would never - and I mean never - let Trump or Carson near the nomination. They simply lack the minimum level of knowledge for the job. They are this season's Palin, and nobody take them seriously save the people who listen to Limbaugh, Savage, Lavine, Beck and Hannity.

So why does it matter?

We are willing to go back ANY amount of time to prove or disprove all of our candidates conservatism in every election cycle but for some unknown reason Trump gets a complete pass at being vetted. A total pass. Why? Because he talked shit on illegals? That is one issue & while I mostly agree with him on it, it DOES NOT make him a conservative. Nor does it excuse decades of his liberal positions.

Now watch, I will be attacked or called a liberal or some other stupid shit but the content of my post & Trump himself will get passed over in the responses.

no attack from me Grandpa , but who is better than Trump or Cruz ?? [as a side note , I'd support the 2 I mentioned just to put it to the gop that want to push rinos like jebito , roobio , Christy and Kasich] ,

So why does it matter?

no attack from me Grandpa , but who is better than Trump or Cruz ?? [as a side note , I'd support the 2 I mentioned just to put it to the gop that want to push rinos like jebito , roobio , Christy and Kasich] ,
Cruz/Fiorina

agitprop

I believe in capitalism and individual freedom. Therefore, I believe that RINO Trump has every right to manufacture his goods offshore.
Why did you bring it up, then? Regardless..trump himself addressed this very issue a couple months ago. He will bring manufacturing jobs back to america. For the third time;
rotagilla said:
We'll get that corrected, too and bring manufacturing jobs back to america and he can sell american made clothes. Would that make you happy? More manufacturing jobs for americans, lower unemployment, better wages?

Do you support using government power and raising taxes to restrict individual liberty?
Define specifically
That's what you are advocating.

You're making things up again. I didn't "advocate" anything.

and Kasich and roobio with their talk that we can't deport 11 million people . Why not , if 11 million people stopped paying their taxes do you think that the 'irs' would back off because of the crying and sniveling of the law breaking taxpayers kids Toro , ehh ??

What a stupid analogy. Comparing shipping 11 million people out of out country to collecting taxes. You live in a shoe?
distortion

Trump and Cruz , agree with Cruz . I don't always root for him in threads because he is low in numbers but if he gets the nomination then I'll vote for him . fiorina , little i know about her I have no use for her Grandpa !!

When you stop supporting trump for not being conservative, ill take what you say more seriously.

So why does it matter?

The GOP establishment has only itself to blame for Trump. The GOP establishment lied through their teeth to win the 2014 election and no sooner did we hand them victory they took a giant shit all over us and funded everything they vowed to defund. So they can go to hell in 2016.

I just said we'd bring manufacturing jobs back to america...

You and Trump? How?
yeah, clown..me and trump are going to do it..

..semantic distortion may amuse you and make you think you're quite clever! and witty! .....but you aren't
Now..if you want to know more about his intentions, go look for yourself. You're not running me around in circles, hyperpartisan agitator.

Define specifically

Sure.

Trump said he's put high tariffs on goods manufactured in China and Mexico.

First, tariffs are a tax. Every time Democrats want to raise taxes, there are vociferous complaints from conservative Republicans about how Democrats raising taxes is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty because it's the government using its power to redistribute income from one group (rich people) to another group (poor people). Tariffs are no different. Tariffs are a tax which redistributes income from one group of people (the owners of capital) to another group of people (labor, other owners of capital).

Second, tariffs restrict choice because they remove goods from the market by making costs prohibitive. Tariffs is the government using its power at the expense of individual liberty and freedom by determining what consumers can buy and which industries the government favors.

Not only that, but tariffs are one of the worst possible taxes, since they destroy economic activity, something every student in Economics 101 learns in the first semester. That's why the world has been moving towards free trade since WWII. Almost all conservative economists support free trade and lower tariffs. They will tell you almost universally that high tariffs is bad economic policy. And liberal economists will usually say that if one wants to redistribute wealth within an economy, it is more efficient to have free trade then redistribute wealth via higher income taxes on the wealthy than having tariffs. Conservative economists - who would argue that redistribution is bad regardless if it is through higher income taxes or tariffs - will usually pick higher income taxes for redistributing income as the lesser of two evils because of the deadweight loss to the economy caused by tariffs.

Trump saying he's going to "bring back manufacturing jobs" with tariffs is terrible policy. He's almost certainly lying to you. Arguing for high tariffs today is right out of the 1930s.

Last edited:
Define specifically

Sure.

First, tariffs are a tax. Every time Democrats want to raise taxes, there are vociferous complaints from conservative Republicans about how Democrats raising taxes is a restriction of individual freedom and liberty because it's the government using its power to redistribute income from one group (rich people) to another group (poor people). Tariffs are no different. Tariffs are a tax which redistributes income from one group of people (the owners of capital) to another group of people (labor, other owners of capital).

Second, tariffs restrict choice because they remove goods from the market by making costs prohibitive. Tariffs is the government using its power at the expense of individual liberty and freedom by determining what consumers can buy and which industries the government favors.

Not only that, but tariffs are one of the worst possible taxes, since they destroy economic activity, something every student in Economics 101 learns in the first semester. That's why the world has been moving towards free trade since WWII. Almost all conservative economists support free trade and lower tariffs. They will tell you almost universally that high tariffs is bad economic policy. And liberal economists will usually say that if one wants to redistribute wealth within an economy, it is more efficient to have free trade then redistribute wealth via higher income taxes on the wealthy than having tariffs. Conservative economists - who would argue that redistribution is bad regardless if it is through higher income taxes or tariffs - will usually pick higher income taxes for redistributing income as the lesser of two evils because of the deadweight loss to the economy caused by tariffs.

Trump saying he's going to "bring back manufacturing jobs" with tariffs is terrible policy. He's almost certainly lying to you. Arguing for high tariffs today is right out of the 1930s.

trump attended Fordham and graduated from the Wharton School in Penn...VERY prestigious and notable school.ANyone can look it up...I know it's more fun to play hyperpartisan and type negative things as you've been directed to by the DNC.

Then he built his real estate business into a billion dollar + enterprise...television, banking and now politics. So far he's been a roaring sucess.
He's done international business where intricate laws and financing procedures have to be applied and he assuredly has the best advisors and lawyers money (and loyalty) can buy...

So give us your curriculum vitae and your bona fides so we can compare and see your vastly superior accomplishments in business and finance and then we can all make fun of trump?

otherwise all that typing was just irrelevant, hyperpartisan negativity because you don't "like" trump.

Define specifically

Sure.

trump attended Fordham and graduated from the Wharton School in Penn...VERY prestigious and notable school.ANyone can look it up...I know it's more fun to play hyperpartisan and type negative things as you've been directed to by the DNC.

Then he built his real estate business into a billion dollar + enterprise...television, banking and now politics. So far he's been a roaring sucess.
He's done international business where intricate laws and financing procedures have to be applied and he assuredly has the best advisors and lawyers money (and loyalty) can buy...

So give us your curriculum vitae and your bona fides so we can compare and see your vastly superior accomplishments in business and finance and then we can all make fun of trump?

otherwise all that typing was just irrelevant, hyperpartisan negativity because you don't "like" trump.

Logical fallacy.

Do you want to address the issue at hand?

Why do you support the restriction of individual liberty and freedom, higher taxes and more government control of people's lives?

Why do almost all conservative economists support lower tariffs?

Define specifically

Sure.

Logical fallacy.

Do you want to address the issue at hand?

Why do you support the restriction of individual liberty and freedom, higher taxes and more government control of people's lives?

Why do almost all conservative economists support lower tariffs?

composition fallacy
I never said any of those things about restricitng liberty freedom...blah...blah...You did.

You needed a platform to display your disapproval so you invent strawmen to knock over.

Post your Cv and bona fides so we can see why you think you know more about banking, international financing, running a business empire worth over a billion dollars than trump does.

anyone can make vague, unsupported claims about "this economist said this...or this economist said that"...

I have stood for Dr. Carson on this board for some time....BUT, some things have to be examined with an OPEN MIND by conservatives, and this is one of them....Reserve your opinions until you read the whole story!

Renew America ^ | 11/11/2015 | Sher Zieve

Before my fellow conservatives jump immediately to defend Candidate Carson, I would ask that they read the following short column.

Some years ago, I became aware of the extraordinary and remarkable career of Dr. Benjamin Carson via the 2009 movie "Gifted Hands" ,a film in which Cuba Gooding, Jr. portrayed the doctor. I even talked about him to my friend and colleague Laurie Roth who, subsequently, interviewed him on her Radio show. Dr. Carson seemed to be an honorable man, conservative and true to his word. However, since he officially began his campaign for the position of POTUS, something appears to have happened to the image of him I once held...something that leaves me feeling ill at ease. And, no...this has nothing to do with the patently false Politico article about him. This has to do with real issues and problems surrounding Dr. Carson's campaign about which the media are aware...but, are largely not reporting. Let's take a look.

Carson-Williams and Nation of Islam

Dr. Carson attracted and maintains Armstrong Williams , Carson's business manager, leading African-American owner of television stations and self avowed conservative , as his top aide and adviser. Both Williams and Carson have spoken out against Islam. However, on 5 October 2015 Williams actually wrote a column praising and supporting Nation of Islam entitled "The Nation of Islam could be Chicago's savior."

On his Radio show in Armstrong also hosted his friend Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam's Million Man March 20th anniversary event. Armstrong said "Let's learn from them!" Learn from them? Learn from Farrakhan's own statements that terrorism must be used to kill all white people and destroy the USA? Learn from a group of people who preach hatred and violence? Don't believe me? See the sample video included at the end of this column. Farrakhan is an inherently evil man bent , as is his avowed master Lucifer...aka Allah , upon destroying all of God/s work , including humanity.

Carson to use Department of Education as his hammer

Sounding more like his would-be predecessor, Dr. Ben Carson said he has no intention of getting rid of the Dept. of Education. Instead, he would remake it into a policing type organization that monitors the speech of professors and others at universities and colleges to ensure that bias is not practiced. Suffice it to say, this would be bias which Dr. Carson considers to be bias and the definition could , and likely would – change as does the good doctor's whims. This is totalitarian thinking, folks . and it's chillingly coming from Candidate Carson.

Carson is all for the TPP!

Last Friday, Carson proclaimed that he supported the Obama White House in its plan to force the Trans-Pacific Partnership down the throats of US citizens , a deal that would provide one of the last nails in the coffin of US sovereignty. In a short few months, Ben Carson has gone from faux conservative hero (I'm beginning to believe his prayer breakfast speech was staged with NWO permission if not direction) to likely left of Karl Marx. We have to watch what people do, folks, not just listen to what they say.

Carson has said he's Christian but, his top advisor supports Nation of Islam and is friends with the man who is calling for the overthrow of the USA and genocide of white people! WE HAVE TO WAKE UP. Do we really want another Obama? More and more, Dr. Carson really is looking like a Trojan Horse. Why are the media not hitting him on these items and, instead, publishing information they know is patently false? Have the media been given instruction not to attack Carson on his radical Islamic ties and totalitarian comments? The media refused to truly vet the last POTUS and look what happened to us and our country. Like it or not, we must look at reality and the truth ,even if it is uglier than we like. And, we must earnestly begin understanding reality and truth.
Well, you add this on top of he tried to hit his mother with a hammer, and tried to knife someone and it hit a belt buckle and the knife broke, which I don't believe, now this muslim bull shit... what little support I had for Carson is gone.

Trump/Cruz... Cruz/Trump... either or, or even Fiorina, I like her.

Vote for Trump by all means, but do understand you "conservatives" are pushing a Progressive Statist.

Go for it.

Forum List

Back