Believe it or not, there are still anti-science lefties who won't give up their masks

Right winger triggered by masks. If you've been to China any year before now masks were not unusual. If my mom lived with me I’d use extreme caution next few months still.

Yeah, you should definitely talk about "triggered" from the side of the aisle that verbally assaults total strangers in the supermarket. We'll get right on caring what you think of us. Any moment now, it's sure to happen.
Utterly off topic.

Not in the slightest, twerp. You're talking about being "triggered by masks", and I pointed out that leftists have been "triggered by masks" for the last year, to the point of screaming at and verbally abusing total strangers in public. So you have zero victim cred to whine about "mask triggering" now.

But please excuse me for overestimating your intelligence the first time and not drawing you a frigging picture with labels to help you understand all those scary word things.
Triggered. Can you cry victim any harder? I explained some normal reasons to still wear a mask and you cried about your friends (you?) being persecuted. You are triggered.
What are "normal reasons" I have been immune since April 2020...I see zero danger in COVID to myself. Why should I wear a mask?
CDC says you don’t need to. But if you live with a sick mother who isn’t healthy enough for a vaccine maybe you want to be extra careful and wear one... who cares? Why does it attack your sensibilities? Like I said in Asia if you are sick and heading out of the house you wear a mask FOR OTHERS. Pregnant women will sometimes wear them. Why be triggered?

Morons on the right, back when no one was vaccinated, bitched about wearing a mask, and hated social distancing. Acted like it was an infringement on their liberty and all a hoax. How many threads on here about that shit?
Don't care if you wear it but don't make my kids wear it while they play it sports. My issue is leftists like you always take it to the next level. It is called a slippery slope. First it was gay marriage and now we have trans girls playing sports vs. my biological girls.
Slippery slope arguments are intellectually lazy. Pandemic is ending/ended. Mask restrictions are off. There were restrictions you hated during the pandemic for some reason. I don’t know. Was easy to comply and help out. Don’t be a perpetual victim.
Kids aren't vaccinated but they ended the restriction for them....why? What changed suddenly. And no slippery slope arguments are not lazy when we have a precedent.

Weak argument.
Stick to the fact that more recovery immunity ends the epidemic faster.
Simple truth.

Simple minds like masks because they feel like they are helping like you would do in a full quarantine.
But unlike a full quarantine, masks don't really work, and instead increase death tolls by preventing herd immunity and making the epidemic last longer.

Right winger triggered by masks. If you've been to China any year before now masks were not unusual. If my mom lived with me I’d use extreme caution next few months still.

Yeah, you should definitely talk about "triggered" from the side of the aisle that verbally assaults total strangers in the supermarket. We'll get right on caring what you think of us. Any moment now, it's sure to happen.
Utterly off topic.

Not in the slightest, twerp. You're talking about being "triggered by masks", and I pointed out that leftists have been "triggered by masks" for the last year, to the point of screaming at and verbally abusing total strangers in public. So you have zero victim cred to whine about "mask triggering" now.

But please excuse me for overestimating your intelligence the first time and not drawing you a frigging picture with labels to help you understand all those scary word things.
Triggered. Can you cry victim any harder? I explained some normal reasons to still wear a mask and you cried about your friends (you?) being persecuted. You are triggered.

See above, re: leftists have been "triggered by masks" for the last year, to the point of screaming at and verbally abusing total strangers in public.

There will be no amount of, "No, YOU'RE the triggered one!! YOU ARE!!!" that will make it true, or make your fantasy of mattering enough to trigger anyone into reality.

Call me if you ever stop screaming at little old ladies in the Kroger's, panty boy.

Do I Totally trust the drug company's No. Do I totally trust the government No. Wearing a mask is just saying that you were willing to wear one in the hope of not getting or giving the Virus. Still wearing a mask in public places were people are not wearing masks is saying the same thing. We still don't know for a proven fact how long the shots last or how they handle the variants. People are acting like its over, hope they are right, but am not staking my or loved ones life on that opinion.

Utterly off topic.

What are "normal reasons" I have been immune since April 2020...I see zero danger in COVID to myself. Why should I wear a mask?
CDC says you don’t need to. But if you live with a sick mother who isn’t healthy enough for a vaccine maybe you want to be extra careful and wear one... who cares? Why does it attack your sensibilities? Like I said in Asia if you are sick and heading out of the house you wear a mask FOR OTHERS. Pregnant women will sometimes wear them. Why be triggered?

Morons on the right, back when no one was vaccinated, bitched about wearing a mask, and hated social distancing. Acted like it was an infringement on their liberty and all a hoax. How many threads on here about that shit?
Don't care if you wear it but don't make my kids wear it while they play it sports. My issue is leftists like you always take it to the next level. It is called a slippery slope. First it was gay marriage and now we have trans girls playing sports vs. my biological girls.
Slippery slope arguments are intellectually lazy. Pandemic is ending/ended. Mask restrictions are off. There were restrictions you hated during the pandemic for some reason. I don’t know. Was easy to comply and help out. Don’t be a perpetual victim.

No, chanting, "Slippery slope arguments are intellectually lazy" is intellectually lazy. You know who uses the phrase? Leftists who want to use that slippery slope to sneak in what they want, and their ass-kissing, mindless lackeys (that'd be you). Once again, they have ordered you to make a fool out of yourself while believing you were sounding smart. Might want to tune up that hurdy-gurdy you're dancing to a little bit.

Do I Totally trust the drug company's No. Do I totally trust the government No. Wearing a mask is just saying that you were willing to wear one in the hope of not getting or giving the Virus. Still wearing a mask in public places were people are not wearing masks is saying the same thing. We still don't know for a proven fact how long the shots last or how they handle the variants. People are acting like its over, hope they are right, but am not staking my or loved ones life on that opinion.

As long as the epidemic is not lethal enough to warrant an Ebola like quarantine, then the least death total comes from accelerating infection, not "flattening the curve"
Herd immunity is the only way to end it if we are not doing full quarantine, and then the faster healthy people get infected and recover, the quicker we end it and save lives.
When you "flatten the curve", you can't end it and instead only slow it down, preventing herd immunity, making it last forever, and increasing the death total to the max possible.

Thank you.

And we were (and still are) right.

That's why we're the RIGHT, and you're the LEFT WRONG.

You're the ones who stupidly allowed corrupt politicians, tyrants, and criminals lie to you and deceive you into living in fear and submission. And you continue to believe that they did this for your benefit. How stupid do you have to be to fall for that as completely as you have?
Pretty stupid comments. No offense if you’re actually retarded. I like to be an understanding and PC lefty.

Utterly off topic.

See above, re: leftists have been "triggered by masks" for the last year, to the point of screaming at and verbally abusing total strangers in public.

There will be no amount of, "No, YOU'RE the triggered one!! YOU ARE!!!" that will make it true, or make your fantasy of mattering enough to trigger anyone into reality.

Call me if you ever stop screaming at little old ladies in the Kroger's, panty boy.
No amount of posting “no, you’re the one triggered” will make it true. Masks can join the scary right wing lists of dangers right after “happy holidays” but above affordable healthcare.

Despite the CDC and MANY states (both red and blue) removing their mask mandates, there is still a hardcore group of fascists who will not stop trying to control everyone else's bodies.

They need to be mocked and shamed until they give up their fascist dreams.

A key point:

“For the last year, anyone questioning let alone rejecting CDC/WHO guidance on COVID was vilified as an anti-science crank, to the point of being censored off the internet,” tweeted heterodox liberal Glenn Greenwald. “Yet it’s now totally common for liberals with no scientific training to go on TV & reject new CDC guidance.” He included a clip from MSNBC.

New York is lifting its mask mandate for vaccinated people in most locations on Wednesday. It will join New Jersey and Connecticut in easing the bulk of its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on businesses the same day. Massachusetts will follow suit on May 29.

With vaccination rates rising, blue states are gradually embracing masklessness and reopening, in accordance with revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that were issued last week. “We have to get back to life and living — and we have to do it the way New Yorkers do it,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced from an empty Radio City Music Hall.

There’s just one problem — will rank-and-file liberal voters in these states go along?

Polling showed throughout the pandemic that liberals and Democrats were more worried about the virus. A Quinnipiac poll taken last March as the outbreak was beginning found that two-thirds of Democratic voters were concerned about the coronavirus disrupting their lives, while nearly 6 in 10 Republicans said the opposite.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted around the same time found 68% of Democrats were fearful of someone in their family contracting the coronavirus, compared to 40% of Republicans and 45% of independents. The partisan divide on many COVID-related issues has persisted over time, according to a year of surveys by the Pew Research Center.

The New York Times reported on vaccinated people who refuse to take off their masks despite the new guidance. The newspaper quoted one woman as saying, “Even if I’m the only person on planet Earth that continues to wear the mask, if that’s what makes me feel comfortable, I’ll wear the mask.”
Does Joe Down-the-Street Wearing a mask put me and mine at any risk? No. Did YOU NOT wearing a mask when we had no vaccine and the disease was spreading put me at any risk? YES. So, fuck off you antisocial, self-centered, ignorant, uncaring asshole.

Die and just get it over with.
Given your choice to reject disease mitigation measures for NO RATIONAL REASON, you are the one most likely to die here.

And we were (and still are) right.

That's why we're the RIGHT, and you're the LEFT WRONG.

You're the ones who stupidly allowed corrupt politicians, tyrants, and criminals lie to you and deceive you into living in fear and submission. And you continue to believe that they did this for your benefit. How stupid do you have to be to fall for that as completely as you have?
You HAVE to be a Trump supporter. The projection is just breathtaking.

Despite the CDC and MANY states (both red and blue) removing their mask mandates, there is still a hardcore group of fascists who will not stop trying to control everyone else's bodies.

A key point:

“For the last year, anyone questioning let alone rejecting CDC/WHO guidance on COVID was vilified as an anti-science crank, to the point of being censored off the internet,” tweeted heterodox liberal Glenn Greenwald. “Yet it’s now totally common for liberals with no scientific training to go on TV & reject new CDC guidance.” He included a clip from MSNBC.

New York is lifting its mask mandate for vaccinated people in most locations on Wednesday. It will join New Jersey and Connecticut in easing the bulk of its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on businesses the same day. Massachusetts will follow suit on May 29.

With vaccination rates rising, blue states are gradually embracing masklessness and reopening, in accordance with revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that were issued last week. “We have to get back to life and living — and we have to do it the way New Yorkers do it,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced from an empty Radio City Music Hall.

There’s just one problem — will rank-and-file liberal voters in these states go along?

Polling showed throughout the pandemic that liberals and Democrats were more worried about the virus. A Quinnipiac poll taken last March as the outbreak was beginning found that two-thirds of Democratic voters were concerned about the coronavirus disrupting their lives, while nearly 6 in 10 Republicans said the opposite.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted around the same time found 68% of Democrats were fearful of someone in their family contracting the coronavirus, compared to 40% of Republicans and 45% of independents. The partisan divide on many COVID-related issues has persisted over time, according to a year of surveys by the Pew Research Center.

The New York Times reported on vaccinated people who refuse to take off their masks despite the new guidance. The newspaper quoted one woman as saying, “Even if I’m the only person on planet Earth that continues to wear the mask, if that’s what makes me feel comfortable, I’ll wear the mask.”

Right, the "pro-lifers" demand that people not control others's bodies.

Utterly off topic.

Kids aren't vaccinated but they ended the restriction for them....why? What changed suddenly. And no slippery slope arguments are not lazy when we have a precedent.

Weak argument.
Stick to the fact that more recovery immunity ends the epidemic faster.
Simple truth.

Simple minds like masks because they feel like they are helping like you would do in a full quarantine.
But unlike a full quarantine, masks don't really work, and instead increase death tolls by preventing herd immunity and making the epidemic last longer.

The problem here is that you're assuming herd immunity can exist.

Many viruses simply don't have herd immunity. HIV doesn't have herd immunity. Smallpox and ebola for example don't have herd immunity either. You're just assuming that you'd get herd immunity with the coronavirus without it having a devastating impact on society.

Masks work. Like many things they work statistically. If you can REDUCE things from happening, then you can reduce the spread, or stop the spread. China has showed that. They've mostly stop the spread of the virus by putting in place things that statistically lower the chance.

And their people are spitting all over the floor, coughing in each others's faces, and they've still stopped it.

A key point:

Does Joe Down-the-Street Wearing a mask put me and mine at any risk? No. Did YOU NOT wearing a mask when we had no vaccine and the disease was spreading put me at any risk? YES. So, fuck off you antisocial, self-centered, ignorant, uncaring asshole.

Die and just get it over with.
Given your choice to reject disease mitigation measures for NO RATIONAL REASON, you are the one most likely to die here.

Nope, you've swallowed the lie. The "vax" is no "vax" at all.

A key point:

Perhaps you should go back and read the CDC guidelines. They did not say to give up masks. They said that when fully vaccinated people get together, they don’t need to wear masks.

Unless you know that everyone you’re with has been vaccinated, you should always wear a mask when mixing and mingling with others.

The problem with you idiot conservatives is that you don’t bother to actually read the guidelines or follow them. If you had read the guidelines you wouldn’t of made such a stupid post.

That’s not what they say.

How would you know what they say. You haven’t read them. If you had you wouldn’t have made your stupid post.

Ah, so you’re repeating yourself to separate posters...Shows me you know you’re wrong....have a nice day.

Still haven’t read the guidelines I see. I have to repeat myself constantly with you idiots. None of you read links. There are some links I posted at least a half dozen times on the same topic, and still you ask for links or make posts which prove you hadn’t read them.

Given I have that I haven’t had a cold, flu, stomach virus, or any form of communicable disease since a year ago February, I’m probably going to continue to mask up when I go shopping. Most of my friends are talking the same way because and for the same reason.

After SARS in 2002/2003 a lot people in a number of Asian countries continued to mask when going about their daily lives. We used to see them at sports events quite often and they were the source of much amusement.

My sports fan friends- all of whom live in cities, are now saying that they will probably continue to mask went out in public just because we have all been so healthy since we started wearing masks all the time.

This will probably make you conservatives who consider wearing a mask and issue of freedom, half crazy. To us it’s simply common sense and good judgment, something conservatives would never comprehend.

These anti-science snowflakes are the ones who still believe the idea that COVID-19 Came From the Wuhan Lab is still a 'conspiracy' based on nothing substantial.

I completely LOVE how Jon Stewart just DESTROYED these people and their non-science ignorance on the Colbert Show:

Jon Stewart Tells the Truth About the Wuhan Virus and There's Nothing a Horrified Stephen Colbert Can Do to Stop Him

You have to watch it - all non-science snowflakes should be MADE to watch it. :p

I would expect nothing else from you...after all, it's a "me me me" mentality.

Of course, you're condemning sane, intelligent people for looking out for their own best interests, while advocating that stupid, cowardly, control freaks should look after what they delusionally perceive to be their self-interests; where, in the latter case, it involves trying to deny rational choices to the former group in order to pander to the latter.

No sane, intelligent person ought to be considered to have any obligation whatsoever to sacrifice any of his own comfort, safety, or well-being, to pander to the irrational fears and demands of those who are so stupid and gullible as to have fallen for the #CoronaHoax2020, and to have been brainwashed into living in deathly fear of an overhyped flu bug.

If you're so terrified of the flu, then you stay home, hide in your basement, and starve to death.

We grown-ups have lives to live, jobs to do, and responsibilities to meet, and the last thing we need is to be dragged down by worthless parasites such as yourself.
You are an idiot.

Most normal people can wear a mask and work at same time until vaccination rates are up to a sufficient and the CDC changes it's recommendations. It's like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

Grown ups dont have a complete tantrum when asked to consider the lives of those more vulnerable.

Done stomping your feet and screaming?

You are aware that the CDC has said that if you’re vaccinated you don’t need the mask right?

I am aware of the CDC recommendations.

What I am not aware of is a reason someone to call for people to be mocked and shamed for wearing one anyway.

What does it matter to anyone else? Why not just mind your own business?
So in leftist world it’s not only ok it’s a virtue to mock and shame those who choose not to wear a mask but not ok to mock and shame those who do?

These anti-science snowflakes are the ones who still believe the idea that COVID-19 Came From the Wuhan Lab is still a 'conspiracy' based on nothing substantial.

I completely LOVE how Jon Stewart just DESTROYED these people and their non-science ignorance on the Colbert Show:

Jon Stewart Tells the Truth About the Wuhan Virus and There's Nothing a Horrified Stephen Colbert Can Do to Stop Him

You have to watch it - all non-science snowflakes should be MADE to watch it. :p

That was beautiful. Colbert just watched his communist Chinese street cred go up in smoke. Chairman Xi will be wanting a word with him. LOL

Forum List

Back