Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Specifically, which verses?
Don't go there my friend.

You've been honest enough to move on from the young earth theory and you'll just get yourself deeper into the bibles' contradictions.

The question is, can the god's word cause us to look and see a young earth in our minds?
The Bible was written by man, not by God in the language of man, not the language of God. It is then interpreted by us thousands of years later. If people want to concluded "Young Earth" I see no problem. That conclusion is not going to affect how they live their daily lives.

Both the Old Testament and the New Testament teach, Seek and you will find."

Have you been actively seeking?
There is no "Old Testament". Christianity co-opted Hebrew theology by attaching and largely rewriting a substantially different version of god.

Yes. The gods told me you are greatly misinterpreting their message.

The Bible was written by man, not by God in the language of man, not the language of God. It is then interpreted by us thousands of years later. If people want to concluded "Young Earth" I see no problem. That conclusion is not going to affect how they live their daily lives.

Genesis.. the pentateuch... Was written 800 years after the death of Moses.

Don't know. I seldom read links.
It wasn't a link, it was a quote. If your excuse for avoiding the question is that, then you're refusing to acknowledge the contradictions that are coming home to haunt you.

You can leave the discussion with your faith only bruised!

You said their original intent. I'm asking what do you mean?
For example, the intent by the original author(s) of the Creation Story is not to teach creation occurred in literally six days. It was speaking of periods of time. In English, we might use the words 'era' or perhaps 'eon'. But then English has more than 165,000 words than does the Hebrew. In the Hebrew language it notes a time with a beginning and an end. The Hebrew writers could not have even envisioned a subjective language such as English, let alone that many words.

For example, the intent by the original author(s) of the Creation Story is not to teach creation occurred in literally six days. It was speaking of periods of time. In English, we might use the words 'era' or perhaps 'eon'. But then English has more than 165,000 words than does the Hebrew. In the Hebrew language it notes a time with a beginning and an end. The Hebrew writers could not have even envisioned a subjective language such as English, let alone that many words.

It says the morning and the evening.. that's pretty clear.

It wasn't a link, it was a quote. If your excuse for avoiding the question is that, then you're refusing to acknowledge the contradictions that are coming home to haunt you.
Not at all. I will take any of the specific verses you may feel are contradictory, but my studies of most of them is that they fit their specific contexts.

What does it mean to you?

Just what it says.. it's a creation myth.

Forum List

Back