Being nicer in debate

you catch more flies with honey than vinegar....so the saying goes.

there is one poster here i am mean with and lose my usual respectful demeanor with....He's just such a consistent rear end to me, i decided that i had enough!

and am being the best rear end i can be, right back at him....:eek:

The majority of the people that I pick fights with are just fights to be fun. Often, I am fighting with them, but at the same time, I will pos rep them, PM them, or agree with them in another thread.

There are a few rare instances where I really get into it with someone on an issue and I get mad. At the point where I write how I want to kill them and then click delete instead of sent, is the point where I decide to ignore them for a week or two. And I don't add them to my ignore list...I just stop reading their shit and stop responding.

That's the way I roll.

Oh, I do that as well....I have walked from so many nasty vulgar comments from rabbi that I can't even keep count...that hasn't worked, so I am changing my tactics! :redface:

Really?

Have you met this guy yet?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/search.php?searchid=2890301

Go check out some of his threads and then get back to me.

Check your link. no matches.

Really? When I click on it, it brings up all of the threads this guy started.

Here, check him out, and again, get back to me after you're done.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/gautama.html

No need, I see the name guatama, nuff said. That dude does give Rdean a run for his retarded money.

you catch more flies with honey than vinegar....so the saying goes.

there is one poster here i am mean with and lose my usual respectful demeanor with....He's just such a consistent rear end to me, i decided that i had enough!

and am being the best rear end i can be, right back at him....:eek:

The majority of the people that I pick fights with are just fights to be fun. Often, I am fighting with them, but at the same time, I will pos rep them, PM them, or agree with them in another thread.

There are a few rare instances where I really get into it with someone on an issue and I get mad. At the point where I write how I want to kill them and then click delete instead of sent, is the point where I decide to ignore them for a week or two. And I don't add them to my ignore list...I just stop reading their shit and stop responding.

That's the way I roll.

Oh, I do that as well....I have walked from so many nasty vulgar comments from rabbi that I can't even keep count...that hasn't worked, so I am changing my tactics! :redface:

Gonna whip out the banhammer?

I have pledged to myself to try and be more civil and level headed in Debates on this forum. No matter how upset I might get. Not sure how well I have been doing at it.

However it seems since I started I have been getting about 4 times as much Pos rep as I did before :)

We need more Civil Debate. This country has so many problems to solve, and we will never solve them with out civil discussions.

read this thread again: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/133730-question-for-the-general-welfare-crowd.html you did pretty well. one thing, when your being nice(r)...please do not include post replies or group hugs to or with the nitiwts.

you and I had a pretty good thread discussion, even as I battled the loser without involving you at all.

I have done this repeatedly on USMB but far too many people are stuck on stupid and personalities or fucking silly and hilarious agendas to even notice when threads are going well between two individuals or a small group.

So Charles, you wonder why debate gets stifled? When we include the trolls in a one on one discussion, they win. They win because you admit you walk away wanting better.

I really do know how to play this game, but I have shown you here how to play it well. You did pretty damn good, but you allowed the troll into the discussion between us.

D
:cool:

Whats the matter with group hugs. Hugs are fun! :eusa_angel:

I have pledged to myself to try and be more civil and level headed in Debates on this forum. No matter how upset I might get. Not sure how well I have been doing at it.

However it seems since I started I have been getting about 4 times as much Pos rep as I did before :)

We need more Civil Debate. This country has so many problems to solve, and we will never solve them with out civil discussions.

read this thread again: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/133730-question-for-the-general-welfare-crowd.html you did pretty well. one thing, when your being nice(r)...please do not include post replies or group hugs to or with the nitiwts.

you and I had a pretty good thread discussion, even as I battled the loser without involving you at all.

I have done this repeatedly on USMB but far too many people are stuck on stupid and personalities or fucking silly and hilarious agendas to even notice when threads are going well between two individuals or a small group.

So Charles, you wonder why debate gets stifled? When we include the trolls in a one on one discussion, they win. They win because you admit you walk away wanting better.

I really do know how to play this game, but I have shown you here how to play it well. You did pretty damn good, but you allowed the troll into the discussion between us.

D
:cool:

Not with people infected with ringworm, scabies, lice, crabs, impetigo, or infected bloody puss filled ingrown toenails they aren't.

:eusa_shhh:

Not with people infected with ringworm, scabies, lice, crabs, impetigo, or infected bloody puss filled ingrown toenails they aren't.

:eusa_shhh:

Or people that are covered in superglue.

That's the way I roll.

NEVER EVER! My problems with him is as a poster, not as a Mod!

sigh, here we go again with children not even being able to control themselves in a thread which is about being nicer.

Self-involvement to the exclusion of anyone else's interests isn't all that much fun to watch, is it?

Meh, I just think it's sad to watch a 57 y/o woman demonstrate such a lack of self control that she can't even be nice in one thread which is about BEING NICE.

I mean you better be careful Maddie, you're bladder will be the next thing you are unable to control.

NEVER EVER! My problems with him is as a poster, not as a Mod!

No one would fault you for abusing your privileges.

It's like a cop that tazes a wheelchair bound elderly lady...a little administrative leave, problem swept under the rug, then were back to normal.

sigh, here we go again with children not even being able to control themselves in a thread which is about being nicer.

Self-involvement to the exclusion of anyone else's interests isn't all that much fun to watch, is it?

Meh, I just think it's sad to watch a 57 y/o woman demonstrate such a lack of self control that she can't even be nice in one thread which is about BEING NICE.

I mean you better be careful Maddie, you're bladder will be the next thing you are unable to control.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You call Madeline out for not being nice and turn right around and do it yourself.

Good advice Charles, unfortunately they found my button, and know that is pisses me off to no end, of course that was stupidity on my own part for letting them know how much it bothered me in the first place.

I welcome each of you to remind me of my goal.

What goal is that?

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You call Madeline out for not being nice and turn right around and do it yourself.

Good advice Charles, unfortunately they found my button, and know that is pisses me off to no end, of course that was stupidity on my own part for letting them know how much it bothered me in the first place.

I welcome each of you to remind me of my goal.

What goal is that?

Giving someone of advanced age medical advice is certainly not a bad thing.

Forum List

Back