Being Light Skinned Is Really Hard.

I had a very interesting encounter today. I was sitting in the Malcolm X Lounge, a study room at the University of Texas that’s dedicated to African-American studies, but open to anyone. I was on a couch and had my feet up on a small table. When a girl came and sat down on the couch to my left, I jokingly made a big deal about moving my legs. She responded with, “Stop being so lazy, light-skin.”
I really wasn’t offended by the light-skin reference, but I was totally caught off guard by the way she used the term. See light-skinnededness (no that’s not a real word) has been the target of black humor for a while now, but usually people just say, “Stop being so light-skinned.”
A lot of y’all are probably wondering what that even means so I’ll break it down for you (sorry black people, bear with me here- I know ya’ll already know this stuff). It actually means somewhat different things if it’s being used to describe a guy or a girl, although there are some commonalities.
Guy acting light-skinned means:
  1. Showing and expressing emotions too freely,
  2. Being too “friendly”,
  3. Doing anything that could be seen as gay or feminine,
  4. Acting like Drake and/or listening to too much Drake,
  5. And just generally being “soft”

Thanks for confirming that you are a racist jerk.

I checked the Constitution and among the qualifications for president "african" american studies wasn't mentioned...but oh..I get it..you're trying to be funny...ha...ha..ha...

I had a very interesting encounter today. I was sitting in the Malcolm X Lounge, a study room at the University of Texas that’s dedicated to African-American studies, but open to anyone. I was on a couch and had my feet up on a small table. When a girl came and sat down on the couch to my left, I jokingly made a big deal about moving my legs. She responded with, “Stop being so lazy, light-skin.”
I really wasn’t offended by the light-skin reference, but I was totally caught off guard by the way she used the term. See light-skinnededness (no that’s not a real word) has been the target of black humor for a while now, but usually people just say, “Stop being so light-skinned.”
A lot of y’all are probably wondering what that even means so I’ll break it down for you (sorry black people, bear with me here- I know ya’ll already know this stuff). It actually means somewhat different things if it’s being used to describe a guy or a girl, although there are some commonalities.
  2. Being too “friendly”,
Thanks for confirming that you are a racist jerk.

I don't get the folks attacking Huey here. He suffered an injustice at the hands of darker-skinned African-American Studies scholar..

And I appreciate the Cliff Note summary for us pinkies.. But I'm probably up to speed here -- because all those "light-skin" qualities are stuff that would make you more "white acceptable" -- and we couldn't have that.

Problem is (IMO) in the desire to have a proper Black persona, your community is fishing for qualities that are NOT SHARED with whites. And that leaves very few choices. Having spent a lot of time in Academia, you tell me Huey if I have this correct..

1) Must be socially aloof with any "litey or whitey".

2) Academic studies of any type is a sacrifice of Blackness and you must compensate by USING that knowledge to be even MORE provocative and aggressive. Because true Black education is to train you for "The Struggle".

3) Pessimism, anger and resentment are tools of the trade for Black academics.

Why the hell would you EVER except to find any WARMTH, compassion or dateable material in the Malcolm X Lounge in the 1st place?

Spend more time at the pool.. It'll darken you up a bit.. No charge man. You are welcome..
:D

Last edited:
Blacks are privilege to live within our lands.

They wouldn't have
-medicine to cure their diseases
-Cars
-Trains
-Trucks
-Airplanes
-Satellite or cable t.v
-T.V
-Computers
-Internet
-A first rate education
-Get to vote in elections. Without the white man I doubt their would be democracy in Africa.
-Clean food and water for their children.

How about checking your fucking privilege. FUCKING ******.

That's a lie, Casper. There are black people living in other geographical locations than America or Africa. And they have all f the items on your "list". Now, as a concerned white citizen, why don't you go to Appalachia and help some of the poor whites who live there and do not have any of those things?
Are you and Shootspeeders Siamese twins sharing the same empty space where a brain should be?

2. Being too “friendly”,

"malcolm x lounge"

"african american studies"

LMAO..

List all the jobs that require a major in "african american" "studies"?

Professors at college moron.

Blacks are privilege to live within our lands.

They wouldn't have
-medicine to cure their diseases
-Cars
-Trains
-Trucks
-Airplanes
-Satellite or cable t.v
-T.V
-Computers
-Internet
-A first rate education
-Get to vote in elections. Without the white man I doubt their would be democracy in Africa.
-Clean food and water for their children.

How about checking your fucking privilege. FUCKING ******.

You have no land except Europe. Go back to your cave honky.

Rural whites are now the fastest growing poverty demographic in America.

What's the source of this claim?

They have a higher infant mortality rate than urban blacks, because so many live so far away from hospitals.

I don't believe it. Black women have a disastrously high infant mortality rate. What's the source of your claim? According to a CDC study which looked at health outcomes through a rural-urban filter, the state with the highest white infant mortality rate was West Virgina with a rate of 8.0 per 1,000 live births while the state with the lowest black infant mortality rate was Texas with a rate of 10.7 per 1,000 live births.

I'd really like to see this study.

whites are also privileged to live in our land,so said the Native American.

Native Americans didn't have a choice.
Yeah they did. Instead of saving white pilgrims for Thanksgiving they could have killed them all.

You think that would have stopped the white man? Damn you people are stupid.
I agree your ancestors were little more than violent savages but don't forget Vietnam.

2. Being too “friendly”,

"malcolm x lounge"

"african american studies"

LMAO..

List all the jobs that require a major in "african american" "studies"?
Community agitator

Yeah they did. Instead of saving white pilgrims for Thanksgiving they could have killed them all.

I agree your ancestors were little more than violent savages but don't forget Vietnam.

My ancestors were better warriors and better armed.

2. Being too “friendly”,
Next time tell the bitch to shut her lip or you'll bitch-slap her ugly black ass into tomorrow. Throw in a couple of "niggah please!!!!"'s for good measure.

She might like that authentically African-American response.

2. Being too “friendly”,
Next time tell the bitch to shut her lip or you'll bitch-slap her ugly black ass into tomorrow. Throw in a couple of "niggah please!!!!"'s for good measure.

2. Being too “friendly”,

Interesting. Sounds like something that you WISH that you could say to someone that you may know or know of.

2. Being too “friendly”,

2. Being too “friendly”,

Interesting. Sounds like something that you WISH that you could say to someone that you may know or know of.
I was being facetious of course.

My ancestors were better warriors and better armed.
Whatever you word for uncivilized savages may be.

Forum List

Back