Zone1 Beggars at the Intersection: How do you feel about them? What do you do?

They ain't got enough sense to know that the gallow was only meant as a symbolic symbol of American democracy being executed on that day. They can make hay out of anything, and they have an excuse for anything, even if they are wrong.
Were the Trumpsters chanting, "Symbolically hang Mike Pence"

The religious and Christianity ...

at least you know -

images

the difference ...

the majority have never been religious, not one soul stood in defense of jesus when he was murdered, been the same since - the 60's were as the events of the 1st century renactment of the heavenly religion of antiquity.

beage9 thinks because they were murdered, jesus no one will ever speak out again ... c-bible was written by the crucifiers.

The religious and Christianity after a world war ending in 1945 were the majority in this country, and that's because so many soldier's faced extreme situations in battle's, and it brought them closer with God, and it humbled them.

That lasted for about 17 or 18 year's until Vietnam exploded. Then with all the rebellion and controversy surrounding that war, we as a Nation went into a deep dark time that we haven't ever truly come completely out of. In our stress and confusion over that war, we became a more tolerant people of things that were unseemingly, and that were highly questionable, but because we were living in a confusing time period that's when the evil one came to offer up his hand in false securities, and in false hoods that go against the creation. If man can't see the err of his ways, then it is truly a pitiful thing that will only get worse.

8892e27544df596440548601a2bfaa2d.jpg

In that evil period that you're referring to, the working class went from being 1/3rd unionized to having most of its labor unions dismantled through lack of government protection, as they had before, in the "religious period". After WW2, the US became the world's manufacturing hub, providing Europe, Japan and everyone else with good quality, American products. The highest-paid CEOs made no more than 30 times the lowest wage in their companies. Unlike today, when the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies make an average of 400 times the lowest wage in their companies.

Thanks to the holy Ronald Reagan and his supply-side, trickle-down economics, which gave all American companies a greenlight, to close their factories here in the US and move them abroad, without any penalties, our manufacturing base was decimated. Those great-paying manufacturing jobs, that allowed dad to work and support the whole family, with mom staying at home, and raising the kids, were moved to the third world.

How did that contribute positively to the so-called "family values" that American Evangelicals are always harping about? I was raised in the 1970s and 80s and became a "latchkey kid" by around 83 when I was 10 years old. My mom and grandma were at work when I arrived from school. Did that contribute well to our "family values"? The only value that American right-wing "Christians" really care about is mammon. Money. That's all.

aaeaaqaaaaaaaaeeaaaajdlhyzy1zdg4lwnmzjgtngqzoc04zddkltjkytrhogfjnzu1mw.jpg

Ironically, these same Christians who were brainwashed by their wealthy employers (masters), to pursue worldly riches, actually saw their wages stagnate, their labor rights and benefits taken away, and were forced by necessity, to have every adult in their households earn a wage to barely survive. The middle class in 1980, was 70% of the American population. Today only 40% of America is of the middle class. Over half of America is one paycheck away from homelessness. Back in the 1950s and 60s, any American could get a college education or go to a "votech" school (vocational school), dirt cheap, if not tuition free. Getting an education was much more affordable. Housing and Healthcare was affordable.

You conveniently forgot to mention all of this in your description of the American "Satanic Age":

main-qimg-cf5f043fea2e7e7d80bb39fdaf7f6fbb-lq.jpeg

2222.png

a9d62420d24f8be9751f49effc0dabb6.jpg

A Debate

Last edited:
I'm starting to see a lot more foreigners lately.

What's weird about it is they have the whole family there, every day, waving at passers-by, even a baby, and asking for money because they are homeless.

My first instinct is that they just landed here after crossing the border.

What's weird about it is they have the whole family there, every dyay, waving at passers-by, even a baby, and asking for money because they are homeless.

Enjoy.

In the past two years, I have noticed an epidemic of people begging at major intersections in my city. At a big four-way stop, you'll see them at all four medians. They're working in tandem. All have cardboard signs. All begging for help.

What do you do about it?

My first impulse is anger. I'm angry that they're implicitly lying about how they'll use the money, probably going for drugs or booze. The other thing is my charity solicits in front of certain stores. We have to go through a lot of red tape to get permission and permits to solicit. From the business; from the state; from the strip mall owner. And it absolutely frosts me to see these beggars at those same strip mall exits panhandling for themselves...not for charity....to buy drugs and booze. They didn't ask permission from anyone. It angers me even more when dunderheads give them money.

Now as a Christian, I wrestle with this. I feel bad that I get angry. I've talked to two priests about this. Both said I shouldn't get angry. One said that rather than give them money, I should engage with them and offer to accompany them to a restaurant and have a meal with them. The other priest said I should be pleasant and treat them like a human being, though I don't have to give them anything. He said "How rotten must their lives be that they would stand out there, regardless of what they do with the money?" He had a point. People addicted to drug or alcohol are not happy or well people. Anger isn't the proper response.

One time I did as the first priest instructed. The very next day after I talked to him, I was sitting in the parking lot at Lowe's looking at my phone. A woman tapped on my window and asked for money for something to eat. I thought it was divine providence. So I offered to go into the Kroger's and get her some fruit and bread and such. But that wasn't what she had in mind. She wanted to eat at the Sonic across the way. So I said fine and let her order. She got a meal deal with fries and a drink. I bristled at what I considered a junk meal, but went with it. I paid $8.64. Trying to make conversation, I asked her name. She refused to tell me. We talked a little bit about her circumstance. Everyone in her life was a f*cking asshole by her account. At the end, she asked for money. I declined. She thanked me for the meal and went on her way .

Pope Francis when asked the question, said he would not only talk to a beggar kindly, he would give them money. He said "So what if the person wants to buy a glass of wine. Who among us doesn't have a guilty pleasure?" I don't see it that way. I see it as enabling an addiction. I was talking to a woman who works in the ABC stores. She said she'll see these guys who were out panhandling come in with stacks of bills to buy liquor. Homeless professionals advise people to NOT give beggars money, that you can give them vouchers for the local shelter. It is a fact that most homeless are not beggars, and most beggars are not homeless.

So how did I feel after my encounter with the woman at Lowe's? Ambivalent. I felt sort of good, but also sort of like a sucker. Probably more the latter. I definitely didn't like getting her a junk meal, but I guess that wasn't the point. I liked that she seemed appreciative, and may it did help her a little. But I decided I probably would do it again if given the same circumstance, at least not in the same way.

I have softened recently, when I considered the plight of a neighbor girl my daughter's age who fell into drugs. Nice family, good neighborhood. But she just went bad. Now they don't know where she lives. She has a child her parents have adopted and take care of. What if it was this neighbor girl whom I've know since she was six who I saw pandhandling on the street corner? I wouldn't be angry then. I would feel compassion and sorrow. I'd ask her if she needed anything or to be driven somewhere. But I wouldn't give her any money.

Any thoughts about this topic?
When I see this one I look for a puddle to drive through.

What's weird about it is they have the whole family there, every dyay, waving at passers-by, even a baby, and asking for money because they are homeless.

There's a family who I see in the same place all the time, swarthy. a "mom" and "dad" and "their two kids" and a heart rending sign that says "refugees". Well, dressed, well fed to the point almost of obesity.

Have never seen one driver stop and give money.

Were the Trumpsters chanting, "Symbolically hang Mike Pence"
Metaphorically ? Probably, but not literally. Of course y'all wanted to try and suggest it as a literal thing, and that's what made you all look like a bunch of knucklehead's... 😂

Metaphorically ? Probably, but not literally. Of course y'all wanted to try and suggest it as a literal thing, and that's what made you all look like a bunch of knucklehead's... 😂
You have Trumpsters running amok around the Capital that actually delays the peaceful transfer of power, and you want to talk about metaphorically? You guys are delusional.

What's weird about it is they have the whole family there, every day, waving at passers-by, even a baby, and asking for money because they are homeless.

Stop tinkering and meddling in Latin America and there won't be nearly as many Hispanics migrating to your white country. It's that simple. Right now there are American politicians threatening El Salvador with economic sanctions, for purging his country of gang-terrorists:

Bukele, the President of El Salvador, has a 94% approval rating. The Salvadoreans love their president. He saved their country. More Salvadoreans are staying in El Salvador. It's now a country worth living in and developing. What do the US government and media (the American elites and ruling class) do? They demonize Bukele and want to get rid of him. He's going to create a Salvadorean middle class, that demands higher wages from their foreign employers. That's not a good idea. We need that dirt-cheap labor living in chaos, seeing us wealthy American capitalists as their saviors. We don't need too much order and democracy in these countries that we exploit for their cheap labor. That's going to cut into our profits. We don't want that.

Want to dramatically decrease illegal immigration to the US from Latin America? Stop screwing with them.

You have Trumpsters running amok around the Capital that actually delays the peaceful transfer of power, and you want to talk about metaphorically? You guys are delusional.
Oh so you all ended your peaceful legal protest after the summer of love was over eh ? Now every protest is an insurrection with you all, oh wait only if it is Republican's protesting right ??

Oh and don't forget you knucklehead's protesting in front of SCJ's homes and such.. Oops I'm sorry did I actually remember that... 😂

Oh so you all ended your peaceful legal protest after the summer of love was over eh ? Now every protest is an insurrection with you all, oh wait only if it is Republican's protesting right ??
Oh yea, we gotta add this to the whatabout list. You guys storm the capital and attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of power, and did indeed delay it. Then you say whatabout ANTIFA and BLM. Ten year olds on the playground know better than that. But I guess the fourth grade logic is more then one can expect from the Trump cult.

Oh yea, we gotta add this to the whatabout list. You guys storm the capital and attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of power, and did indeed delay it. Then you say whatabout ANTIFA and BLM. Ten year olds on the playground know better than that. But I guess the fourth grade logic is more then one can expect from the Trump cult.
4th grade logic is all it takes to intellectually destroy the leftist narratives on this site ..

Forum List

Back