Zone1 Beggars at the Intersection: How do you feel about them? What do you do?

Maybe you should start paying attention to the messages of the bible instead of making up your own, hypocrite. You ever hear the verse, Let the one without sin cast the first stone? Do you understand the meaning of judge not and ye shall not be judged. Run along little hypocrite dope addict. I've no time for falsely "reborn" Christians.

I haven't been a dope addict for over 20 years, so you're being childish. You just don't like it when people tell you the truth about what the Bible commands us to do. You're under the delusion that the Bible supports your indifference toward the homeless.

As far as what you said about biblical judgment. You're ripping those verses out of context.

Immediately after Jesus says, “Do not judge,” He says, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs” (Matthew 7:6). A little later in the same sermon, He says, “Watch out for false prophets. . . . By their fruit you will recognize them” (verses 15–16). How are we to discern who are the “dogs” and “pigs” and “false prophets” unless we have the ability to make a judgment call on doctrines and deeds? Jesus is giving us permission to tell right from wrong.

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).

Clearly you have failed and maybe you should quit running your mouth about those things that you've exhibited nothing but failure. Hmmmm. Again, run along little hypocrite.
I don't run my mouth, I run my thumbs on my smartphone keyboard hehehe.

Last edited:
If we treated people better... and truly educated them instead of teaching them how to have sex long b4 they are ready

maybe we wouldn't have to have ideas like yours which is very un-American. The answer is to care for people when they are young... Many parents do not know how to parent children.. Why don't we teach parenting skills in high school? it's the most imporant job you'll ever have... yet we are teaching kids how to hate their own gender.. mutilate themselves irreversibly...

the TN trans who murdered children in a Christian school comes to mind
Excellent points.. Government enabling the fall of the family by allowing rogue element's to undermine American society and the family has become a super serious problem in this country now

The fall out is evidence enough for us all to realize what has happened....

The solution to that isn't forced sterilization and incarceration in a "compound preserve". Your cold, flippant attitude toward these people and your inhumane policy proposals aren't the solution. I do believe in tough love, but such policies must be tempered with genuine concern and the objective to restore these people to some level of self-sufficiency. That can be done. I know many people who have been restored and from that stable environment, provided to them by a government program, were able to move on with their lives, as law-abiding and productive people.
I'll agree to this, but only if conservative Christian's are running the programs, and definitely not leftist liberals.

Yeah, stories like that are all over the place. I was pulling out of the grocery parking lot and there was a young guy with a sign “Will work for food.” I offered him a few items from my bag, and he said he didn’t like that stuff.

P.S. Hope you found you dad!
Worse now is that the homeless have pimp's, just like the pimp's have their prostitute's. Pay up or disappear I bet. How would you know if a homeless person has gone missing ? You can't, and the underbelly of society exploits this to the max.

I'll agree to this, but only if conservative Christian's are running the programs, and definitely not leftist liberals.

That's an absurd requirement, for a government-funded program. Christians have no right to impose Christianity upon anyone or demand that people enroll in a Christian discipleship program or go to church. What these people have to do is stop using drugs and become functional, self-sufficient, law-abiding citizens.

Are you an atheist or Christian, what are you as far as your view of God, and our source of law and rights?
"You don't work, you don't eat".

Somehow the left has destroyed that concept, and it has done so in a bid to build dependency, and to then direct that dependency to a voting booth near them.

To hell with a leftist leaned government.

That's an absurd requirement, for a government-funded program. Christians have no right to impose Christianity upon anyone or demand that people enroll in a Christian discipleship program or go to church. What these people have to do is stop using drugs and become functional, self-sufficient, law-abiding citizens.
Change your name liar.

I haven't been a dope addict for over 20 years, so you're being childish. You just don't like it when people tell you the truth about what the Bible commands us to do. You're under the delusion that the Bible supports your indifference toward the homeless.

As far as what you said about biblical judgment. You're ripping those verses out of context.

Immediately after Jesus says, “Do not judge,” He says, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs” (Matthew 7:6). A little later in the same sermon, He says, “Watch out for false prophets. . . . By their fruit you will recognize them” (verses 15–16). How are we to discern who are the “dogs” and “pigs” and “false prophets” unless we have the ability to make a judgment call on doctrines and deeds? Jesus is giving us permission to tell right from wrong.

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).
Good post... Now keep it up.

people begging at major intersections lying about how they'll use the money, probably going for drugs or booze.
Now as a Christian, I wrestle with this.
Any thoughts about this topic?

Yeah, maybe these people are begging for help because good Christians like you just automatically assume they will all use the money for drugs or booze with no evidence of them actually doing so, and so end up getting little help forcing them to beg more.

Yeah, maybe these people are begging for help because good Christians like you just automatically assume they will all use the money for drugs or booze with no evidence of them actually doing so, and so end up getting little help forcing them to beg more.
All depends.. I've seen both.

"You don't work, you don't eat".

Somehow the left has destroyed that concept, and it has done so in a bid to build dependency, and to then direct that dependency to a voting booth near them.

To hell with a leftist leaned government.

So the capitalist shouldn't eat, because plenty of them don't move a muscle, unless it's to drink a martini or lay their towels on the beach to get a tan. The working class is those who actually do the work. Tough love is touch and love, it's not just tough. Being tough without love isn't the solution. Leaving the homeless out in the street, costs the tax payer much more than simply housing them or providing them with the public-services that they need to get back on their feet. If a homeless drug addict decides they want to continue drugging and behaving like a fool, then they should be adjudicated and institutionalized, until they "get it". Until they realize that they need to change and get their life back in order.

Tough love tells them:

"You have a choice. Here it is..You take the transitional housing we're going to provide you with. It's a clean place, with a bed, bathroom, a little kitchen, and basic amenities. Drugs are prohibited in the housing unit. You will be tested for drugs without notice, twice weekly. You will receive drug counseling, and attend NA or/and AA meetings regularly, whichever one applies to you. We will provide you with medical care, job training, and job opportunities, to help you get back on your feet. That's the first option.

The second and only other option is that you go to a rehab camp or a psyche-ward. Being a homeless drug addict or turning the housing we're providing you with into a drug-house, isn't an option. You will be institutionalized if you insist on continuing to hurt yourself with drugs and everybody else around you. Choose now, what you want. If you need to go to inpatient rehab, we will help you with that and then provide you with the housing, when you get out. You can't stay out here sleeping in the street, using drugs."

The tough love solution is the most economical, effective way to eliminate all of this:

This is the solution, with tough love:

So the capitalist shouldn't eat, because plenty of them don't move a muscle, unless it's to drink a martini or lay their towels on the beach to get a tan. The working class is those who actually do the work. Tough love is touch and love, it's not just tough. Being tough without love isn't the solution. Leaving the homeless out in the street, costs the tax payer much more than simply housing them or providing them with the public-services that they need to get back on their feet. If a homeless drug addict decides they want to continue drugging and behaving like a fool, then they should be adjudicated and institutionalized, until they "get it". Until they realize that they need to change and get their life back in order.

Tough love tells them:

"You have a choice. Here it is..You take the transitional housing we're going to provide you with. It's a clean place, with a bed, bathroom, a little kitchen, and basic amenities. Drugs are prohibited in the housing unit. You will be tested for drugs without notice, twice weekly. You will receive drug counseling, and attend NA or/and AA meetings regularly, whichever one applies to you. We will provide you with medical care, job training, and job opportunities, to help you get back on your feet. That's the first option.

The second and only other option is that you go to a rehab camp or a psyche-ward. Being a homeless drug addict or turning the housing we're providing you with into a drug-house, isn't an option. You will be institutionalized if you insist on continuing to hurt yourself with drugs and everybody else around you. Choose now, what you want. If you need to go to inpatient rehab, we will help you with that and then provide you with the housing, when you get out. You can't stay out here sleeping in the street, using drugs."

The tough love solution is the most economical, effective way to eliminate all of this:

This is the solution, with tough love:

Hmmm, ok then, so explain the damned government apartment complexes built for these poor folk's over the many many long year's looking back now, and how in the parts of your post written you claim that accountability, and intervention would or should come, but it never did and never does come ?????

We as taxpayer's can keep allowing government to keep throwing money at a wall, and hoping that it will stick, but it only gets worse because government today is made up of a bunch of knucklehead's that couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. Fix that, and we might actually gain back some sanity in it all.

What is for damned sure, is that from the sixties to now, we as Americans have been duped by the government and the leftist. All one has to do is study or look at the results of people allowing government and liberal idiocy to reign supreme over this nation, and Viola we get total chaos and anarchy in our streets, households, and in government.

Hmmm, ok then, so explain the damned government apartment complexes built for these poor folk's over the many many long year's looking back now, and how in the parts of your post written you claim that accountability, and intervention would or should come, but it never did and never does come ?????

We as taxpayer's can keep allowing government to keep throwing money at a wall, and hoping that it will stick, but it only gets worse because government today is made up of a bunch of knucklehead's that couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. Fix that, and we might actually gain back some sanity in it all.

What is for damned sure, is that from the sixties to now, we as Americans have been duped by the government and the leftist. All one has to do is study or look at the results of people allowing government and liberal idiocy to reign supreme over this nation, and Viola we get total chaos and anarchy in our streets, households, and in government.

What are you talking about? Be more specific.

You're speaking in general terms. Be more specific.

You're not addressing anything that I said in my last post. The way to eliminate homelessness with all of its cost to society, is by housing them. Leaving people on the street is more expensive and destructive.

All one has to do is study or look at the results of people allowing government and liberal idiocy to reign supreme over this nation, and Viola we get total chaos and anarchy in our streets, households, and in government.

the religious have always been the minority ...

1687613727531.png

- its the desert trash who impose their will throughout history.

the religious have always been the minority ...

View attachment 798155

- its the desert trash who impose their will throughout history.
The religious and Christianity after a world war ending in 1945 were the majority in this country, and that's because so many soldier's faced extreme situations in battle's, and it brought them closer with God, and it humbled them.

That lasted for about 17 or 18 year's until Vietnam exploded. Then with all the rebellion and controversy surrounding that war, we as a Nation went into a deep dark time that we haven't ever truly come completely out of. In our stress and confusion over that war, we became a more tolerant people of things that were unseemingly, and that were highly questionable, but because we were living in a confusing time period that's when the evil one came to offer up his hand in false securities, and in false hoods that go against the creation. If man can't see the err of his ways, then it is truly a pitiful thing that will only get worse.

Forum List

Back