Bedouins in Israel Protest Plan to Regulate Settlement

With regard to what you are saying, Aris, the following article tells a lot about the smear campaign against Israel when it comes to the Bedouin. I guess it is more importawnt for some to smear Israel than to see the Bedouin gets decent housing in decent surroundings. I would think that anyone here in the U.S. if they had any feelings at all toward poor people in their own neighborhoods would be happy to see them more into decent housing from the substandard apartments in which they now live.

Exploiting Israel?s Negev Bedouin | Opinion | Jewish Journal
Bedouins don't want to leave their ancestral homes for a bunch of inner city slums.

Just another example of ethnic cleansing.

Did they tell you that? And here I thought the word Bedouin meant wanderer and they wandered over the deserts of the Middle East and didn't believe in land ownership. I am willing to bet that if Billy lived in a dump and he was offered a brand new apartment in Long Beach which had many amenities, he would jump at the chance. Don't let him fool you that he wouldn't. By the way, what area of Long Beach are you living in? I don't think it would be Belmont Shores.

With regard to what you are saying, Aris, the following article tells a lot about the smear campaign against Israel when it comes to the Bedouin. I guess it is more importawnt for some to smear Israel than to see the Bedouin gets decent housing in decent surroundings. I would think that anyone here in the U.S. if they had any feelings at all toward poor people in their own neighborhoods would be happy to see them more into decent housing from the substandard apartments in which they now live.

Bedouins don't want to leave their ancestral homes for a bunch of inner city slums.

Did they tell you that? And here I thought the word Bedouin meant wanderer and they wandered over the deserts of the Middle East and didn't believe in land ownership. I am willing to bet that if Billy lived in a dump and he was offered a brand new apartment in Long Beach which had many amenities, he would jump at the chance. Don't let him fool you that he wouldn't. By the way, what area of Long Beach are you living in? I don't think it would be Belmont Shores.

Sally,
The statement to make...Real Ethnic Cleansing would be removing them from the Country.
And how do you know Billy doesn't live in a dump?
Chill.

I'd love to live in Belmont Shores! No matter where you live, you're within walking distance of 2nd Street. And that's where everyone goes to party. The AI (Acapulco Inn), Panama Joes, Belmont Station, Legends, are all hot places with lots of chicks.

The only problem with "the Shore", is when you come home from work on Friday and park your car, you don't move it until Monday morning. Parking sucks down there.

And here I thought the word Bedouin meant wanderer and they wandered over the deserts...

Is that why they have houses and villages? :cuckoo:

And here I thought the word Bedouin meant wanderer and they wandered over the deserts...

Maybe Mr. Gazan can tell us about how they live in other countries. Can he cite the towns they have permently establuished residency in? It appears that there are those on these forums who can't stand to see the Bedouins get better accommodations, but are right there to chastise Israel for giving them this. Does anyone actually think that there are those on these forums who would complain if the Christians or Hindus happened to be moved a few miles away in some Muslim country to give them better accommodations?

Maybe Mr. Gazan can tell us about how they live in other countries. Can he cite the towns they have permently establuished residency in? It appears that there are those on these forums who can't stand to see the Bedouins get better accommodations, but are right there to chastise Israel for giving them this. Does anyone actually think that there are those on these forums who would complain if the Christians or Hindus happened to be moved a few miles away in some Muslim country to give them better accommodations?

Imagine these Bedouins have been inundated with propaganda; they may well indeed be terrified not knowing they're simply being moved to a better infrastructure.

Imagine these Bedouins have been inundated with propaganda; they may well indeed be terrified not knowing they're simply being moved to a better infrastructure.

I am sure that Mr. Gazan has some friends over there who can check later on with the Bedouins in their new accommodations and query them as to how they like their new homes with the accompanying amenities.

What Bedouin are living in now are worse than slums. Palestinian camps are luxury suites by comparison.
Half mud brick and corrugated metal shanty town, half tent city, they living in horrid conditions. If they are not migrating any more, why should they not accept better housing with proper facilities and service? Because of attachment to land that was not even theirs? They have lived too long in poor conditions and it is long over due they have proper care and support. Israel is trying to care for them as Israeli citizens.
They are only being moved a short distance from where they are now, but to a planned community.
when a new community is built where they were, some might choose to move back, but not to tents and make shift shelter. There will be similar planned town with infrastructure and services needed for the people.

What Bedouin are living in now are worse than slums. Palestinian camps are luxury suites by comparison.
Half mud brick and corrugated metal shanty town, half tent city, they living in horrid conditions. If they are not migrating any more, why should they not accept better housing with proper facilities and service? Because of attachment to land that was not even theirs? They have lived too long in poor conditions and it is long over due they have proper care and support. Israel is trying to care for them as Israeli citizens.
They are only being moved a short distance from where they are now, but to a planned community.
when a new community is built where they were, some might choose to move back, but not to tents and make shift shelter. There will be similar planned town with infrastructure and services needed for the people.

Farmers being moved to a city.

What are they going to do there?

you think farmers can grow food or raise sheep in an urban area?
vacant lots and roof top farming is a big thing in NYC and many others. There are back yards for sheep, they can still raise their farms and animals near by, just not inside the homes. Walk to the edge of the town and I'm, sure they could have a barn or enclosure for wintering the animals and fields for farming, that Bedouin are really farmers. You don't have live in the field where you plant beans and such. Even from the community where they were to be moved to they could have walked to the fields and pastures.
For now there is a hold on moving the Bedouin. Israel will let them live in slum condition for the moment. All this fuss about make their lives better.

you think farmers can grow food or raise sheep in an urban area?
vacant lots and roof top farming is a big thing in NYC and many others. There are back yards for sheep, they can still raise their farms and animals near by, just not inside the homes. Walk to the edge of the town and I'm, sure they could have a barn or enclosure for wintering the animals and fields for farming, that Bedouin are really farmers. You don't have live in the field where you plant beans and such. Even from the community where they were to be moved to they could have walked to the fields and pastures.
For now there is a hold on moving the Bedouin. Israel will let them live in slum condition for the moment. All this fuss about make their lives better.
It's not about making their lives better, it's about getting rid of all the non-Jewish residents.

Moving the Bedouin was in no way getting rid of them, they were just to be relocated to a planned community where services could be provided, just a short distance from where they were living in shanty huts. They were only be relocated a couple of miles down the road to where they could have clean water and sewage disposal along with health care and schools, electricity, shopping, etc.

In a modern age, living like they were/are is inhuman, but they complain about the lack of services. They were given the opportunity for services and people are protesting about the Bedouin being moved so they can receive those services.

Progress is a fact of life and you either get run over or you move out of the way and let it take place.
Not even Saudi or the Gulf states live as they used to a hundred years ago. They have self contained energy cities and monuments to modern architecture as well as such luxuries as indoor ski slopes with real snow year round.

You think they really give a care about their Bedouin cousins in Israel living in mud and tent dwellings with corrugated tin roofs and blankets for walls or windows? OR that they trudge through what might be called streets filled with sewage?

They can build for themselves. They don't need Israeli ghettos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axw1gasmNF0]????? "?????.. ????? ????????" - The Negev.. Land and Man?? - YouTube[/ame]

Guess Israel decided to shelf your sweet talk and reversed its decision on the Bedouins Aris!

Now lets get back to the OP and the Palestinians who are being crushed by the Israeli Boot.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/12/israel-shelves-plan-relocate-bedouin-negev

Israel shelves plan to forcibly relocate Bedouin from desert lands | World news | theguardian.com
The Israeli government has shelved a plan to forcibly relocate tens of thousands of Bedouin Arabs from their ancestral lands to government designated towns.

The proposal had prompted widespread protests in Israel and Palestine, and attracted international criticism.

The decision to halt the progress of the legislation before the Israeli parliament, followed the disclosure this week by one of the plan's architects that the Bedouin had never been properly consulted nor agreed to the move.

Last edited:
The proposal had prompted widespread protests in Israel and Palestine, and attracted international criticism. The decision to halt the progress of the legislation before the Israeli parliament, followed the disclosure this week by one of the plan's architects that the Bedouin had never been properly consulted nor agreed to the move.
Did international "criticists" offer to adopt bedouins?

I could almost feel for them, but they blocked the roads connecting us with nearby towns, throwing stones and burned tires on passersby. This is terrorism that doesn't help their cause.

Dissent is not Terrorism.

Forum List

Back