Be careful of adopting dogs from the shelter...............

Don’t tell me. Let me guess... Pit mother fucking Bull Terrier.

Ban this breed. When ever a death or horrific mauling happens from a dog & the press doesn’t say what breed it is, you can bet the house it was a pit bull. If it was a shepherd or a Rottweiler or dobi you’d see that in print. Why aren’t we educating next potential victims?

Ban this breed. When ever a death or horrific mauling happens from a dog & the press doesn’t say what breed it is, you can bet the house it was a pit bull. If it was a shepherd or a Rottweiler or dobi you’d see that in print. Why aren’t we educating next potential victims?

If you would have taken time to read the link, you would have seen that it ISN'T a pit bull.

From the link...........................

The spokesman said the mastiff-perro de presa canario mix was taken by city of Las Vegas animal control and was euthanized at the request of the Sweeney family. The dog had been adopted a few days before the attack from the Animal Foundation.

You know, I post links to my threads so that people won't be making stupid comments about something that doesn't have anything to do with the thread.

And, like I said, the dog had been checked out by the people at the shelter, and there was no reason for them to believe the dog was dangerous. It was only when it got out of the shelter that it's aggressiveness came back.

If you would have taken time to read the link, you would have seen that it ISN'T a pit bull.

From the link...........................

The spokesman said the mastiff-perro de presa canario mix was taken by city of Las Vegas animal control and was euthanized at the request of the Sweeney family. The dog had been adopted a few days before the attack from the Animal Foundation.

You know, I post links to my threads so that people won't be making stupid comments about something that doesn't have anything to do with the thread.

And, like I said, the dog had been checked out by the people at the shelter, and there was no reason for them to believe the dog was dangerous. It was only when it got out of the shelter that it's aggressiveness came back.

This is very rare. That breed of dog is not known for aggressiveness.
  • Temperament: Calm, Dominant, Gentle, Strong Willed, Suspicious
Of course, any dog entering into a new environment, especially since you don't know the history of the dog or if it had been abused.

There are two breeds of dogs that should ONLY be owned by experts. The De Pressa Canario and Carne Corso. For one thing, these strong and strong willed dogs may have been owned by someone who uses the dog with ill intent. They are good dogs, gentle and well mannered, until they aren't any more and when they aren't they need handling by someone who knows what they are doing, not the nice lady who is looking for a lap dog.

Pit Bulls are generally gentle and well mannered dogs who love everyone UNLESS they are victims of bad breeding. Even bad training can be over come.

Saw this on the news yesterday. Seems that a couple decided to go to the local pound and adopt a rescue dog for a pet. The shelter told them that the dog appeared to be your basic rescue, and would be no problem.

A week after they took the dog home? The husband came home to find the wife dead. She had been mauled and killed by the adopted dog.

Las Vegas woman mauled to death by family dog
People don't realize that dogs are really relatives of the wolf.

There are two breeds of dogs that should ONLY be owned by experts. The De Pressa Canario and Carne Corso. For one thing, these strong and strong willed dogs may have been owned by someone who uses the dog with ill intent. They are good dogs, gentle and well mannered, until they aren't any more and when they aren't they need handling by someone who knows what they are doing, not the nice lady who is looking for a lap dog.

Pit Bulls are generally gentle and well mannered dogs who love everyone UNLESS they are victims of bad breeding. Even bad training can be over come.
Where I live the Tongan Crips all have pit bulls.

I have told several of them on my patrols that I will shoot their dogs if they don't/cant control them.

Many of them tell me "then you better shoot me too."

And I reply "no problem that why I brought 30 rounds."

I wish I could adopt ALL dogs....give them a good home.....take care of them......feed them .....love them..........

If I can not do it in this life......(but I haven't lost hope yet) I want to do it in my next life

I wish I could adopt ALL dogs....give them a good home.....take care of them......feed them .....love them..........

If I can not do it in this life......(but I haven't lost hope yet) I want to do it in my next life

I wish I could adopt ALL kitties....give them a good home.....take care of them......feed them .....love them..........

Gang bangers put gunpowder in with their dog's food. It doesn't poison them but gives them a lot of pain and makes them mean.

I wish I could adopt ALL kitties....give them a good home.....take care of them......feed them .....love them..........

I own a kitty now.....for the first time in my life.....I am a dog person...I have learnt to know him and to love him....he loves me too...we are very close.....he trusts me.

But truth be known.....I respect and love all animal life on earth. :huddle:

Oh, fuck yourself! Pitbulls are no more dangerous than any other breed, except they bite harder. They're not some maniacal dogs or anything.

Mine had 2 little buddies that used to come by and see if he could come out. Some black..lab-ish female thing and a little mini-black lab feller, they used to have a grand old time. Very sweet dog, had (according to my friend) the hardest bite out of all pitbulls. He was a cute and good feller, sometimes he was musky, like 1 day after a bath. :aargh:

They used to run and play, it was cute!

The boy and girl would come up to the fence: "Can he come out, can he come out"? I'm like.."okay you you guys, don't get into any trouble."

They really didn't. Because ..hehehe. I followed them at a distance.

I own a kitty now.....for the first time in my life.....I am a dog person...I have learnt to know him and to love him....he loves me too...we are very close.....he trusts me.

But truth be known.....I respect and love all animal life on earth. :huddle:
I love all living things except mosquitoes, leeches, ticks, fleas, biting flies, and chiggers. Those are on my kill list.

I catch and release spiders and flies with my clear plastic cups.

I don't step on ants.

I love kitties more than anything else.

Wow you must feel embarrassed that it wasnt a pitbull. It's ok. No one cared anyway.

Forum List

Back