Bat Out of Hell the Musical opens on the Las Vegas Strip in September

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
It’s electrified audiences in London, New York, Toronto and Germany, and won the audience-voted Evening Standard Award for Best New Musical. Now, Jim Steinman’s spectacular musical thunders into Vegas

Dear GOD no...

"Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" was one of the most horrid songs from the late 70's. I blame it on all the drugs everyone was doing back then. Thank God for the 80's, when we didn't have to listen to crap like that any more.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" was one of the most horrid songs from the late 70's. I blame it on all the drugs everyone was doing back then. Thank God for the 80's, when we didn't have to listen to crap like that any more.

No no no... you had to have been there. The first Bat Out of Hell was one of my favorites, the sequel was unnecessary. The thing is, the album as a whole told a story of sorts. While a couple of the songs on their own were okay, it was best to listen to the album as a whole.

And Meatloaf live was a damn good show. Especially if you could catch him at a smaller venue.

Then again... it could have been the drugs...

No no no... you had to have been there. The first Bat Out of Hell was one of my favorites, the sequel was unnecessary. The thing is, the album as a whole told a story of sorts. While a couple of the songs on their own were okay, it was best to listen to the album as a whole.

And Meatloaf live was a damn good show. Especially if you could catch him at a smaller venue.

Then again... it could have been the drugs...

Not arguing with that. It was the best music for the times. But times change and so do we. Having lived through the horrible cacophony of the drug-induced 60's and loving every minute of it, I can say this: Most of the music throughout the 70's was pretty bland and repetitive.. The 80's were different, though: The music from then had more style and class. Artists quit trying to present themselves as burned-out hippies, and started wearing ties.

Maybe it was because they stopped tripping on acid, or maybe it was because they switched to cocaine and Reagan was elected. It was a good time to be an American.

Not arguing with that. It was the best music for the times. But times change and so do we. Having lived through the horrible cacophony of the drug-induced 60's and loving every minute of it, I can say this: Most of the music throughout the 70's was pretty bland and repetitive.. The 80's were different, though: The music from then had more style and class. Artists quit trying to present themselves as burned-out hippies, and started wearing ties.

Maybe it was because they stopped tripping on acid, or maybe it was because they switched to cocaine and Reagan was elected. It was a good time to be an American.

the 70's music was pretty bland?...if you say so J....

Forum List

Back