Baseball needs a hard salary cap

To me the base salary of a professional sport figure should be in the $100K range and the top stars getting like $300K.
Dumb response. ^^^^^^$$$$^^^^^^^

I know roofers, welders, plumbers, electricians, home builders, concrete people.......ALL very worthy and Needed, that make 200K +++++ per year, and there are literally a MILLION of these much needed professionals.
I have NO problem with these trade people making this much money.

But to reasonably suggest that a PROFESSIONAL athlete, should also make 100K to 300K per year is just not right.
C'mon old man, these athletes deserve Millions per Year, just not $50 Million+ per year.

Dumb response. ^^^^^^$$$$^^^^^^^

I know roofers, welders, plumbers, electricians, home builders, concrete people.......ALL very worthy and Needed, that make 200K +++++ per year, and there are literally a MILLION of these much needed professionals.
I have NO problem with these trade people making this much money.

But to reasonably suggest that a PROFESSIONAL athlete, should also make 100K to 300K per year is just not right.
C'mon old man, these athletes deserve Millions per Year, just not $50 Million+ per year.
Like I said Moon Bat, I understand the law of supply and demand. However, when you are paying close to $200 a person to attend a sport game and a whole lot more if it is a playoff or championship then you are paying a lot to see a couple hours of entertainment.

However, if you don't mind being taxed on your stupid fan zeal so your favorite sports stars can make tens of millions then that is your business.

Like I said Moon Bat, I understand the law of supply and demand. However, when you are paying close to $200 a person to attend a sport game and a whole lot more if it is a playoff or championship then you are paying a lot to see a couple hours of entertainment.

However, if you don't mind being taxed on your stupid fan zeal so your favorite sports stars can make tens of millions then that is your business.
Listen UP old man. Listen Good, and accept.

I'm a huge sports fan and probably (no doubt) played in more Sporting events than you, like 50-100X more. Are you even an athlete, competitive?
If so, welcome to the club.

Meanwhile, I have always said that players Salaries (as well as many CEO, COO, etc) are WELL over what they deserve.
Do Major League Athletes, NHL, NBA, MLB, Soccer..lololl, NFL, deserve a salary of at least $1-9 Million for the top Athletes........Absolutely.

Do they deserve $50 million per year......fuck no ya Moon Bat.

So Flash , Why you directing your obvious ANGER at me?

Listen UP old man. Listen Good, and accept.

I'm a huge sports fan and probably (no doubt) played in more Sporting events than you, like 50-100X more. Are you even an athlete, competitive?
If so, welcome to the club.

Meanwhile, I have always said that players Salaries (as well as many CEO, COO, etc) are WELL over what they deserve.
Do Major League Athletes, NHL, NBA, MLB, Soccer..lololl, NFL, deserve a salary of at least $1-9 Million for the top Athletes........Absolutely.

Do they deserve $50 million per year......fuck no ya Moon Bat.

So Flash , Why you directing your obvious ANGER at me?

uhmm….he was a Pitcher in college ball I believe. Several no-hitters. Very few losses?
One player on his squad hit over 400 with massive RBI, awards etc. Neither one got a chance to MLB. I‘ve read hfis history here. Thats what I remeber His story once posted.

Last edited:
I paid attention and even attended MLB, NFL, NBA games my whole life. Even went to hockey games, played watched Golf. I played any sport I could get into up to HS Basketball.

I quit it all off/on since MLB strikes of the 90s and NFL rule changes. Then the BLM horsebleep hit. Out on NCAAB.

only back in now for NFL, NCAAF and MLB (since playoffs) because of sports gambling. I quit all politics in 2020 NOV at the Election Fraud.

Sports gambling is all I have left. I try to profit when the NFL clock runs and runs without action. (under). Or I can sense entitled Black malcontents don’t feel like playing or the newest trend….work against w weak white coach, demading a Black coach. Zach Wilson rumored this week to not wanting to play? His feelings were hurt. Lol! Who has stupid players in thinking spots?
Be aware. Its your money.

uhmm….he was a Pitcher in college ball I believe. Several no-hitters. Ver few losses?
One player on his squad hit over 400 with massive RBI, awards etc. Neither one got a chance to MLB. I‘ve read hfis history here. Thats whats I remeber.
Clarify.
The post above is unreadable/?????

WHO? ..........he was a Pitcher in college ball I believe.

WHO? .......... One player on his squad hit over 400 with massive RBI, awards etc. Neither one got a chance to MLB.

Clarify.
The post above is unreadable/?????

WHO? ..........he was a Pitcher in college ball I believe.

WHO? .......... One player on his squad hit over 400 with massive RBI, awards etc. Neither one got a chance to MLB.

He ( Flash) was a very good player with a bigger star on his team. He once posted about how they dominated (No-hitters, Big bats) winning. Dominant in their State?

Extremely doubtful you outdid his biggest success is one point. I was in it all too.

But no matter how good they were or thought they were, he said MLB was not interested.
His point was, they (MLB players) are really good. If I remember right.

He ( Flash) was a very good player with a bigger star on his team. He once posted about how they dominated (No-hitters, Big bats) winning. Dominant in their State?

Extremely doubtful you outdid his biggest success is one point. I was in it all too.

But no matter how good they were or thought they were, he said MLB was not interested.
His point was, they (MLB players) are really good. If I remember right.
WTF,,,,, you claiming that Flash (like djt) was once a sought after MLB prospect.

Fair enough, just post the credentials.
If Flash, the Moon Bat, was EVER a MLB prospect, I'd love to read about it.
Just post the Proof.

WTF,,,,, you claiming that Flash (like djt) was once a sought after MLB prospect.

Fair enough, just post the credentials.
If Flash, the Moon Bat, was EVER a MLB prospect, I'd love to read about it.
Just post the Proof.

nobody said that. But you implied “the old man” had no clue about Sports? You implied you were some sort of superior. I would doubt you were better than his level unless you got into the Pros. He was right there close.

from yours “probably (no doubt) played in more Sporting events than you, like 50-100X more. Are you even an athlete, competitive?“

I paid attention and even attended MLB, NFL, NBA games my whole life. Even went to hockey games, played watched Golf. I played any sport I could get into up to HS Basketball.

I quit it all off/on since MLB strikes of the 90s and NFL rule changes. Then the BLM horsebleep hit. Out on NCAAB.

only back in now for NFL, NCAAF and MLB (since playoffs) because of sports gambling. I quit all politics in 2020 NOV at the Election Fraud.

Sports gambling is all I have left. I try to profit when the NFL clock runs and runs without action. (under). Or I can sense entitled Black malcontents don’t feel like playing or the newest trend….work against w weak white coach, demading a Black coach. Zach Wilson rumored this week to not wanting to play? His feelings were hurt. Lol! Who has stupid players in thinking spots?
Be aware. Its your money.
That’s about the only reason I’m watching the sports is because of the sports betting. Although I’m a lifelong baseball fan. It seems like they started paying astronomical salary since the 90s.

I agree with NBA legendary coach Phil Jackson who said the NBA went way too far with their blm propaganda. Jackson joking With the rise of BLM you had players named “I can’t breathe” blocking “say their name”

Tho theres been a few NBA players + college basketball players, who refuse to give to BLM demands. They will stand for the flag.

But I agree that professional athlete should perhaps get up to 10 million a year..I agree with the other poster winco on that…There is some level of danger, especially in professional football. There have been players who have been paralyzed. Perhaps boxers face the most danger I think some of them have been killed in the ring.

There was recently a professional hockey player who was killed on the ice.

There’s probably more danger working at a construction site compared to professional sports. Not to mention the danger of being a police officer in this day and age.

But you implied “the old man” had no clue about Sports? You implied you were some sort of superior. I would doubt you were better than his level unless you got into the Pros. He was right there close.
OK Great Dude.
How about Flash speaks for himself. W/credentials.

1). Flash is an OLD racist. Care to argue.
2). His "Level" is what, compared to mine.
I was All-League in BK and All-State in BB. I actually played College BB.

But go on, and create an image for Flash

OK Great Dude.
How about Flash speaks for himself. W/credentials.

1). Flash is an OLD racist. Care to argue.
2). His "Level" is what, compared to mine.
I was All-League in BK and All-State in BB. I actually played College BB.

But go on, and create an image for Flash

i only post what I remember reading when he posted about it. It was in a thread where some guy was posting how he could play pro sports. Flash posted how hard it is even though he was pretty good with an even better teammate.

Maybe Flash will re-post it for you.

i only post what I remember reading when he posted about it. It was in a thread where some guy was posting how he could play pro sports.

Why are YOU unable to re-post it.

I call BS.
Prove me Wrong.

i only post what I remember reading when he posted about it. It was in a thread where some guy was posting how he could play pro sports. Flash posted how hard it is even though he was pretty good with an even better teammate.

The story that I told was that I was a pretty good baseball pitcher in High School. Had the best win-loss record and most strikeouts in the division my school was in.

However, in the scheme of things that was next to nothing. In Florida in the mid 1960s there were scores and scores (if not hundreds) of guys in the state that were better than me. Nobody ever tried to recruit me for anything. I suspect some of them that were better than me were recruited for college and maybe some of them invited to try out for the minor leagues and maybe even one made it to the Majors. Except for recreational softball I never played after high school although I did take up tennis after the Army and played for 40 years at the club level.

Ohtani was already making $70M per year with the Angels. That's $30M per year salary plus $40M in endorsements.
Now with the Dodgers he will easily (with deferments) make $100 million per year.

The Dodgers are making money too​

No player in the sport generates revenue like Ohtani. He sells tickets and jerseys, and opens the door to new Japanese sponsors and fans. According to the Los Angeles Times, Ohtani made the Angels $10 million to $20 million a year in advertising, marketing, and whatnot. The Dodgers, a more global brand that outdrew the Angels by nearly 15,000 fans per game in 2023, figure to make substantially more in Ohtani-related revenue. There's a reason they invested $700 million in him. They expect him to generate multitudes more for them.

Last year NHK paid $3M for TV rights so Japan could watch Ohtani play. Now with him in a Dodger uniform, who knows what someone would pay.
The main question is what makes him so popular ? He's a good player, but not at all great., .274 liftetime batting average. Bench wamers hit higher than that.

The main question is what makes him so popular ? He's a good player, but not at all great., .274 liftetime batting average. Bench wamers hit higher than that.
Besides playing multiple positions, he can throw harder, run faster, hit harder and faster than 85% of any player in the league.

Besides playing multiple positions, he can throw harder, run faster, hit harder and faster than 85% of any player in the league.
Not bad for a .274 hitter, but statistics create salaries, and .274 lifetime batting averages don't create $700 million paychecks, except with idiots.

85% ? that generates $700 Million ?
If he could hit harder than any other player, 46 home runs wouldn't be the most he ever hit in a season. He would have done what Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton did (62 and 59 HRs). The dude is overrated, and ludicrously overpaid.

Not bad for a .274 hitter, but statistics create salaries, and .274 lifetime batting averages don't create $700 million paychecks, except with idiots.

85% ? that generates $700 Million ?
If he could hit harder than any other player, 46 home runs wouldn't be the most he ever hit in a season. He would have done what Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton did (62 and 59 HRs). The dude is overrated, and ludicrously overpaid.
I like him.

Forum List

Back