Baseball 2015 Thread

heres keeping these classic moments together in one post here.

ah the good old days when baseball was fun to watch.where you had players playing with one team their whole careers and classic ballparks and the team that won the division went on and the others stayed home before that asinine 3 way wild card playoff crap.

George Brett seemed like a bit of a loon. I mean if he is cheating (vid 2) he is cheating. Looks like he broke the rules and that's pretty much that

ah the good old days when baseball was fun to watch.where you had players playing with one team their whole careers and classic ballparks and the team that won the division went on and the others stayed home before that asinine 3 way wild card playoff crap.

George Brett seemed like a bit of a loon. I mean if he is cheating (vid 2) he is cheating. Looks like he broke the rules and that's pretty much that

He wasnt anywhere in the ballpark like Bonds,Mcguire,Canseco,Clemons or Sosa was.Those guys KNOWINGLY cheated.

Brett went ballistic because the pine tar was past the limit by ACCIDENT.He didn't purposely put the pine tar past the bat limit.It was only an inch or two past the limit.hardly a thing thats going to make a difference in hitting home runs like steroids do.:biggrin:

Remember the ballplayers today,most of them dont play the game for the love of the game anymore like he did.It went past the limit just by accident when he put it on the bat.

Had that been any other team,Brett would not have gone ballistic like that.He did so because it was the yankees and Billy Martin making such a big deal out of it all.ONLY Billy Martin would have made such a huge deal out of it making a mountain out of a molehill.

the league agreed and overturned the umpires ruling later in the year and gave Brett the homerun back and as a result,they later made up the game later in the year.

the commissioner and the league agreed that the pine tar being just a couple inches past the limit had no bearing on the outcome of it being a homerun,that it would have been a home run regardless if the pinetar had not been slightly past the limit.

How bout the brawl between Nettles and Brett.did you enjoy that,did you find that one entertaining as well?:biggrin:

Last edited:

That was my impression of Brett, he pushed the lines a lot. Not that that is a bad thing, he was a competitor.

That was my impression of Brett, he pushed the lines a lot. Not that that is a bad thing, he was a competitor.

I recall a few epic meltdowns from Lou Pinella

I recall a few epic meltdowns from Lou Pinella

No kidding, or what about Billy Martin. Baseball needs those characters today, it would enhance the games, that's for sure.

This thread should be called Baseball 1984.

Meanwhile in the year 2015, the Yankees suck.

A's are having fun. Scott Kazmir pitched like he did last April, which is a huge relief.

The AL West mostly plays against itself all month. A's play Seattle this weekend. They play two April series each against Houston and the Angels.

CBSsportsline power rankings had the A's down at #21, basically claiming that they have a pathetic offense. Meanwhile, they've outscored Texas 19-3. You would think that eventually Billy Beane would get the benefit of the doubt.

What the A's have is a flexible collection of interchangeable parts. They'll go righty-lefty matchups with the lineups, and visa versa. They've got OFers who can play all three positions. They've got a half-dozen guys who can play multiple infield positions. Whereas other teams are star-driven, the A's are virtually immune to a given player's injury or fatigue.

The truth will be revealed by the end of the month about the pecking order of the AL West.

A's are having fun. Scott Kazmir pitched like he did last April, which is a huge relief.

The AL West mostly plays against itself all month. A's play Seattle this weekend. They play two April series each against Houston and the Angels.

CBSsportsline power rankings had the A's down at #21, basically claiming that they have a pathetic offense. Meanwhile, they've outscored Texas 19-3. You would think that eventually Billy Beane would get the benefit of the doubt.

What the A's have is a flexible collection of interchangeable parts. They'll go righty-lefty matchups with the lineups, and visa versa. They've got OFers who can play all three positions. They've got a half-dozen guys who can play multiple infield positions. Whereas other teams are star-driven, the A's are virtually immune to a given player's injury or fatigue.

The truth will be revealed by the end of the month about the pecking order of the AL West.

Well so far my M's are not in the pecking order. They are getting pecked. Looks like they are picking up where they left off. No run support and solid pitching.

Well so far my M's are not in the pecking order. They are getting pecked. Looks like they are picking up where they left off. No run support and solid pitching.

Cubs and Mariners aren't disappointing me.

What's up with the Gnats??? God they suck. ESPN's pre-season lock to go to the WS.

Seven games in they are 2-5 and 4 games in back of the Braves. Fucking Gnats....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What's up with the Gnats??? God they suck. ESPN's pre-season lock to go to the WS.

Seven games in they are 2-5 and 4 games in back of the Braves. Fucking Gnats....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well four of Atlanta's 6 wins came courtesy of the Marlins so I wouldn't crown them just yet. It's early.

No crowning...just a well deserved mocking of the Gnats. A team ESPN compared to the 1927 Yankees on opening day. :lol:

The Gnats...what a joke.

Dodgers are going to be very good as the learn to work together. Atlanta has a nice start but will finish at 500.

The Astros starting pitching is as good as I had hoped. The cappers who gave it a 2 out of 5 must have been bribed to put it so low.

KC and Detroit are terrorizing everyone as they should.

Should be a good year.

Well four of Atlanta's 6 wins came courtesy of the Marlins so I wouldn't crown them just yet. It's early.

No crowning...just a well deserved mocking of the Gnats. A team ESPN compared to the 1927 Yankees on opening day. :lol:

The Gnats...what a joke.
:mad::mad::mad:

It's a long season!!! :mad:

:crybaby:

Dodgers are going to be very good as the learn to work together. Atlanta has a nice start but will finish at 500.

The Astros starting pitching is as good as I had hoped. The cappers who gave it a 2 out of 5 must have been bribed to put it so low.

KC and Detroit are terrorizing everyone as they should.

Should be a good year.
Ill admit to being concerned over some of the moves the royals made in the off season.

Glad to see i didn't know what i was talking about then.

I'm not happy about Rios being out 6-8 weeks though. Frankly I think our pitching staff has been more than patient and understanding given the number of royals hit by pitches

Nationals will be fine. Come on, are the Mets or Phillies really going to win the East? Atlanta? Miami? I'm still betting on Washington. They'll get Rendon back. They just got Werth back. Desmond won't finish the year hitting .150. Like TheOldSchool said, it's a long season.

Royals have their work cut out for them against the Tigers, White Sox and Indians, but a good story so far.

One thing we've learned after 9 games is that the World Champion Giants aren't very good.

A's are in sole position in 1st place in the AL West, and that's all I really care about. Angels, Texas and Houston are bad. The only competition is Seattle, and I think the A's will edge them out again by a game or two.

Pretty early in the season, so I am not getting to excited about a team winning or losing. That said, I'd hate to dig out of a hole a month or so into the season.

Pretty early in the season, so I am not getting to excited about a team winning or losing. That said, I'd hate to dig out of a hole a month or so into the season.

The last two losses by the Ms are pretty annoying. Had it cold both times and blew it. They have had a brutal opening schedule though

Very disappointing, they need to learn to close those out, two wins they should have had and they would be division leaders.

New Topics

Forum List

Back