Baseball 2015 Thread

Great_white_shark_south_africa.jpg

Royal blue with teeth. feast time

I've never seen a group of people more sad and despondent than the Cubs fans at Wrigley tonight.

It is their punishment for being mean to Bartman and not allowing people to take billy goats to the game

Daniel Murphy does it again........Homers in sixth straight game!

Seven total in post season

Mets up 8-1

MEET THE METS,
MEET THE METS,
Step right up and greet the Mets!
Bring your kiddies,
bring your wife;
Guaranteed to have the time of your life
because the Mets are really sockin' the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall!
East side,
West side,
everybody's coming down
to meet the M-E-T-S Mets of New York town!

I've heard a few analysts saying that the Cubbies may have an advantage due to the wind blowing out at Wrigley.

They seem to be forgetting that the Mets matched the Cubs in power numbers for the second the second half and f the season while playing half of their games at the cavernous Citi Field.

I avoid predictions when it comes to my Mets.....but I'm finding it hard to feel like they are at a disadvantage tonight.

Hard to hit home runs while you are striking out
I'm hoping for Bartman II tonight. The Cubs can never win, lest they become unadorable

as always cubs fans are left same as always saying -there is always next year. I knew it was too good to be true for me to have my dream matchup of a royals/cubs world series.

Im going to be getting my dream come true next year with the Rams back in LA so that was pushing it asking to have TWO dreams come true in the same year.lol

the good thing is this cubs team is different than the ones in years past,they got three rookies in their starting lineup.to expect them to go to the world series with players that are just finding their groove developing at the big league level was asking for too much.plus teams seldom ever go to the world series in their first winning season after several years of so many other losing seasons.

even the royals after having 20 years of one losing after another didnt make it to the world series their first winning season in over two decades two years ago.:biggrin:

they are only getting better.so they'll be back.

plus the other thing thats encouraging is the reason they have turned things around after having so many losing seasons the last several years,is they are following the royals blueprint on how to develop players out of the farm system and develop a winning team.:thup::)

Estrada is pitching a great game and the Royals aren't swinging the bats enough.

oh well,we got home field advantage this weekend.they'll turn it around starting friday night,they feed off the energy of the crowd and the crowd makes it very difficult for opposing teams.:)

we got to to win it tomorrow night though if we are going to do it.With Johhny scheduled to be on the mound saturday,i dont have much faith if it has to go to game seven so ventura has to come up big for them tomorrow.

thats why i dont think they are going to win the world series if they are able to win friday night nad make it back to the series because of rent a pitcher Johnny.

Mets are waiting to find out who they are going to beat in the World Series

don't know but it will be the funnest baseball season for me since the 80's the fact my royals made it to the world series.something I honestly never thought would happen again in my lifetime.regardless if they follow the same path they did it 85 after they won the world series and had a losing season the next year,it will be fun going to the games and watching them this year.

I will actually be going there to actually watch the game itself instead of just watching the ballpark the whole time which is the only reason I have gone since the early 90's.:asshole:

I assume you are like me,that you find it boring when there is no baseball or football going on? that you cant get into basketball so that's why you made the thread this early?
I think I told you no way the royals would even be in the world series. I said it must suck being a royals fan because they're never competitive. I named other teams too like Pittsburgh or the mets.

Arent the royals playing the mets in the world series?

I can't find where I said it, but I remember saying it. Proves smack talk isnt worth the spit it produces. Congrats if its true and good luck. For you I'm rooting for the royals.

My clear channel free TV doesn't get channel 2 and most games are on cable. Plus footballs on and tigers aren't in it. Or the Yankees

I will wait until next year to get into baseball again, my teams are out and I have no interest in the three that are left.

don't know but it will be the funnest baseball season for me since the 80's the fact my royals made it to the world series.something I honestly never thought would happen again in my lifetime.regardless if they follow the same path they did it 85 after they won the world series and had a losing season the next year,it will be fun going to the games and watching them this year.

I will actually be going there to actually watch the game itself instead of just watching the ballpark the whole time which is the only reason I have gone since the early 90's.:asshole:

I assume you are like me,that you find it boring when there is no baseball or football going on? that you cant get into basketball so that's why you made the thread this early?
I think I told you no way the royals would even be in the world series. I said it must suck being a royals fan because they're never competitive. I named other teams too like Pittsburgh or the mets.

Arent the royals playing the mets in the world series?

I can't find where I said it, but I remember saying it. Proves smack talk isnt worth the spit it produces. Congrats if its true and good luck. For you I'm rooting for the royals.

:thup:
they will face the mets IF they win tonight,.that will be a tough task though because your former pitcher David Price is pitching and he was very tough on them last time.,they were not able to get things going till the 7th inning,till then he was shutting them down.hopefully they will have figured him out from last time and the bats wont be so quiet this time around tonight.

thats no surprise that you picked them not to make it back to the world series.everybody outside of KC always underestimates this team.how good they really are.they believe in each other and play for each other.thats why i enjoy watching them so much.

I dont enjoy watching them only because they are good. there is a lot more to it than that. they play the game for the love of the game instead of the love for the money which you just dont find in this day and age anymore so its a very refreshing change and exciting time to be a royals fan because of that.:thup:

this team has a never say die mentality,they never give up and never believe they are out of it no matter how bad the score is.They are the toughest team in baseball to strike out. everybody outside of kansas city also is not aware of just how tough it is to beat them in the 7th 8th or 9th innings when they have the lead not understanding just how much of a lights out bullpen they have.

It wasnt till last year that "I" understood this.the media here was interviewing some of the A's players "who at that time had the best record in baseball,what a diifference a year makes huh" and when they asked the players what it was like facing the royals bullpen they said that their bullpen was like nothing they had EVER seen before.:thup::banana:

plus last year it was their starting pitching that carried them through the whole season,the offense was non existant most the year.However the offense this year is far better and improved over last year.

Mike Moustakas was sent down to Omaha during the summer last season he was struggling at the plate so badly,this year he is tearing the cover off the ball and Alex Rios was a HUGE upgrade at DH over worthless Billy Butler whom oakland signed as a free agent in the off season.I could not believe oakland was stupid enough to do that.when that happened i said good riddance.:up:

Thats why Oakland has been so bad this year all these stupid moves they made in the off season Butler being the worst.lol

again they got to win it tonight because I have no faith in them winning with Johnny Cueto saturday night.

people outside of kansas city who dont follow this team closely underestimate just how good they really are,that they very well could be a dynasty for the next five years or so.I dont know for sure if they will be or not.Nobody does,but i CAN say with certainty though,they for do have the potenial in them with that lights out bullpen and the fact they are a young team who is only getting better and better and most are locked up to be around for the next four years or so.:thup:

I didnt get my dream world series matchup of the cubs and royals facing each other but I dont care,i never expected the cubs to even get this far this year.the fact they did is impressive enough. they got a lot of promising potential for the future as well. was too much to ask for my dream matchup to happen this year.Im getting my dream come true with the Rams back to LA next year so you're only allowed to have one dream come true in your life.:D

Last edited:
Royals gonna burn new york down

That's the way to do it! Open your trap wide enough to swallow from the jump!

This Mets fan knows that pitching and defense wins games. I know that the Royals have a better defense. I also know that the Mets have a better pitching staff.

The intangibles......most notably World Series experience may play a significant role. Fortunately for the Mets...the World Series experience that this Royals team has......is losing experience.

My prediction......... its going to be an awesome series.

Forum List

Back