Baseball 2015 Thread

How old are you?

baby-with-pacifier.jpg

Jays win, 11-8 :eusa_dance:

It was hairy though.
Cueto gave them the win. The Royals hit far better. But in the end a win is a win. I just can't believe that he was left in that long and it irritates the fuck out of me. He should have never returned in the third.

as a Royals fan are you REALLY one bit surprised at all he did?:DYost is the only reason I have doubts about them making it back to the world series again this year.

It was impressive they came back and actually made a game of it when they could have gotten down and mailed it in but they didnt.they have a fight and never give up attitude like no other team out there does.

If the Royals had a good manager like Clint Hurdle"sucks that we dont have him doesnt it? He is a GREAT manager. He never would have left him in there and we probably would have come back and won since the deficit would not have been as much."

If we had a good manager,we would have won the world series last year.He cost them that one game leaving in Vargas to hit when he could have used Butler to pinch hit.Made no sense to leave Vargas in especially since Vargas could not get get anybody out after that.:mad:

Ned Yost is this generations Whitey Herzog.Herzog is the most overrated manager ever in baseball history..He just inherited a very good and talented Royals team. He always prevented the Royals from winning in the playoffs against the yankees all the time.

Paul Splittorf would be mowing down the yankee hitters baffling them and the white rat would blow it for them everytime by going to the bullpen which was their weakness instead of letting Splittorf finish it out.

I always said back then-"Man if the Royals would just get rid of whitey herzog they could beat the yankees and go to the world series." the proof is in the pudding I was right since once they DID get rid of that idiot the white rat,they did finally beat the yankees.remember?:biggrin:

The baseball hall of fame is the hall of shame the fact that Herzog got inducted somehow but frank white,alan trammel,and lou whittaker have not. what a load of BS that is.

Anyways,with Whitey Herzog,"err I mean Ned Yost as their manager." are you honestly surprised he left him in there as long as he did? :D

waits for Lone Laugher to come on and say how old are you?, not able to get over a previous grudge from a few pages way back.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

It was hairy though.
Cueto gave them the win. The Royals hit far better. But in the end a win is a win. I just can't believe that he was left in that long and it irritates the fuck out of me. He should have never returned in the third.

as a Royals fan are you REALLY one bit surprised at all he did?:DYost is the only reason I have doubts about them making it back to the world series again this year.

It was impressive they came back and actually made a game of it when they could have gotten down and mailed it in but they didnt.they have a fight and never give up attitude like no other team out there does.

If the Royals had a good manager like Clint Hurdle"sucks that we dont have him doesnt it? He is a GREAT manager. He never would have left him in there and we probably would have come back and won since the deficit would not have been as much."

If we had a good manager,we would have won the world series last year.He cost them that one game leaving in Vargas to hit when he could have used Butler to pinch hit.Made no sense to leave Butler in especially since Vargas could not get get anybody out after that.:mad:

Ned Yost is this generations Whitey Herzog.Herzog is the most overrated manager ever in baseball ever..He just inherited a very good and talented Royals team. He always prevented the Royals from winning in the playoffs against the yankees all the time.

Paul Splittorf would be mowing down the yankee hitters baffling them and the white rat would blow it for them everytime by going to the bullpen which was their weakness instead of letting Splittorf finish it out.

The baseball hall of fame is the hall of shame the fact that Herzog got inducted somehow but frank white,alan trammel,and lou whittaker have not. what a load of BS that is.

Anyways,with With Whitey Herzog,"err I mean Ned Yost as their manager." are you honestly surprised he left him in there as long as he did? :D

waits for Lone Laugher to come on and say how old are you?, not able to get over a previous grudge from a few pages way back.:uhoh3:

as usual you don't know your fuckin' ass from a hole in ground

It was hairy though.

If we had a good manager,we would have won the world series last year.He cost them that one game leaving in Vargas to hit when he could have used Butler to pinch hit.Made no sense to leave Butler in especially since Vargas could not get get anybody out after that.:mad:

Ned Yost is this generations Whitey Herzog.Herzog is the most overrated manager ever in baseball history..He just inherited a very good and talented Royals team. He always prevented the Royals from winning in the playoffs against the yankees all the time.

I always said back then-"Man if the Royals would just get rid of whitey herzog they could beat the yankees and go to the world series." the proof is in the pudding I was right since once they DID get rid of that idiot the white rat,they did finally beat the yankees.remember?:biggrin:

Anyways,with Whitey Herzog,"err I mean Ned Yost as their manager." are you honestly surprised he left him in there as long as he did? :D

waits for Lone Laugher to come on and say how old are you?, not able to get over a previous grudge from a few pages way back.:rolleyes:
He was left in to preserve the bullpen. I understand the decision but I strongly disagree with it.

It was hairy though.

He was left in to preserve the bullpen. I understand the decision but I strongly disagree with it.

which is very understandable,you and me both strongly disagree with it.

as i said,he is this generations whitey herzog.That is the ONLY reason I have doubts about them getting back to the world series.

Just as the idiot the white rat always cost the royals beating the yankees "like i said once they got rid of that idiot they beat them just as I always said they would sweeping them in three straight games since he was the problem.:biggrin:"

same as how the idiot whitey herzog always cost the royals playoff games against the yankees,ned yost cost them the world series against the Giants which is the only reason i have doubts of them making it back again,that he'll find another way to screw it up same as he did against the Giants and same he did the other night against the blue jays. I still cant get over how he screwed it up for them last year against the Giants.:mad:

I remember there were a couple people here last year that said the same thing before the world series began last year ,that they predicted the Giants would win the series in six or seven games because Yost would find a way to screw it up for the Royals and sure enough they called it back then that Whitey Herzog," i mean Ned Yost,would screw it up for them.".:biggrin:

what can you do now? It still stings but thats all you can do now is laugh about it right?

Last edited:

It was hairy though.

Whoa, I turned it off when it was 10-4.

Yost is dim. He got thoroughly out-managed by Bochy last year. Royals overcome coaching with talent.

I was disappointed in Tulowitski whining incessantly about a close pitch in a 10-4 game. Get over it. Bautista is annoying. But it's not like the Royals don't get on your nerves sometimes. I'm a fan of R.A. Dickey (pitching today). Maybe not a good match-up for the knuckleballer? Royals don't seem like over-swingers. Then again, "Dickey is 3-0 with a 2.73 ERA in his last four starts against the Royals, pitching seven scoreless innings of two-hit ball against them in a 5-2 victory Aug. 2." I'm hoping for another 11-8 game, better yet make it 11-10.

deGrom! Mets are just as good of a story as the Cubbies.

I've heard a few analysts saying that the Cubbies may have an advantage due to the wind blowing out at Wrigley.

They seem to be forgetting that the Mets matched the Cubs in power numbers for the second the second half and f the season while playing half of their games at the cavernous Citi Field.

I avoid predictions when it comes to my Mets.....but I'm finding it hard to feel like they are at a disadvantage tonight.

I've heard a few analysts saying that the Cubbies may have an advantage due to the wind blowing out at Wrigley.

They seem to be forgetting that the Mets matched the Cubs in power numbers for the second the second half and f the season while playing half of their games at the cavernous Citi Field.

I avoid predictions when it comes to my Mets.....but I'm finding it hard to feel like they are at a disadvantage tonight.

deGrommy is solid. He throws flames and the Cubs strike out a lot. Always cool tho to watch playoffs at Wrigley.

deGrommy is solid. He throws flames and the Cubs strike out a lot. Always cool tho to watch playoffs at Wrigley.

DeGrom is capable of shutting any offense down......but he's been losing a little steam of late. I wouldn't be shocked if he tossed up a couple bombs. But.....I'd rather have him on the bump than Hendricks.

Hard to hit home runs while you are striking out

Hard to hit home runs while you are striking out
I'm hoping for Bartman II tonight. The Cubs can never win, lest they become unadorable

Forum List

Back