Barney Frank and Inheritance Tax: Hypocricy On Display

Translated: "Fuck he's right... What do I do... Ok let's just call him stupid."

No you're not right, you say every time money changes hands it gets taxed, but you fail to recognize that money earned and that has been taxed will be taxed a second time upon death per the estate tax. Your comparing money that has been earned, taxed, spent thus being earned by another party, taxed and spent again etc etc... not the same as the estate tax at all.

You fail!

And THAT is the debate being had. The 35% on amounts over $5M is the compromise, and frankly, it's a compromise that's slanted incredibly far to the right. But it just ain't good enough is it? No no, we need *NO* estate tax at all.

Tough shit. We live in a society where everyone gets a voice, and this is the current policy. Chances are it will move more to the middle over time.

And stop worrying about it... Nobody believes you're worth $5M so give it up, man!

The estate tax in my state starts at a million. Take your tired rethoric and lust for others wealth some where else. I hear cuba is looking for a few good communists. You would be a shoe in

No you're not right, you say every time money changes hands it gets taxed, but you fail to recognize that money earned and that has been taxed will be taxed a second time upon death per the estate tax. Your comparing money that has been earned, taxed, spent thus being earned by another party, taxed and spent again etc etc... not the same as the estate tax at all.

You fail!

And THAT is the debate being had. The 35% on amounts over $5M is the compromise, and frankly, it's a compromise that's slanted incredibly far to the right. But it just ain't good enough is it? No no, we need *NO* estate tax at all.

Tough shit. We live in a society where everyone gets a voice, and this is the current policy. Chances are it will move more to the middle over time.

And stop worrying about it... Nobody believes you're worth $5M so give it up, man!

The estate tax in my state starts at a million. Take your tired rethoric and lust for others wealth some where else. I hear cuba is looking for a few good communists. You would be a shoe in

Vote with your feet then, dood. Move to Rwanda. They have no estate tax.

Vote with your feet then, dood. Move to Rwanda. They have no estate tax.
Democrats will force a vote by firearm. I am sticking around for that. With me its a passion.

You fail!

What state do you live in?

What state do you live in?
One of 50 or one of 57 if you listen to the CIC

Earned wealth is neither liberal nor conservative.
It is the property of someone.
Inheritance has already been taxed. All inheritance should be tax free.
Transfer of wealth from a family that had earned it to one that has not is a way to fund government that spends too much $$.
If government would spend as much time looking for ways to slow the growth and cut spending of government as it does looking for ways to rob citizens at the point of a gun the budget would not be a problem.
But most conservatives are also liberals when it comes to cutting THEIR "entitlement" program. Hell no is their answer then.

Yep all income should be taxed exactly the same no matter how you got it.

Even if it's already been taxed once? Tell me, do you pay taxes at the grocery store on the food you buy and then pay taxes again when you eat it?

How many bites of the apple does the gubmint get?

you do pay income tax on your paycheck and the sales tax on consumable goods? what isnt that double taxation? damn did i just through a wrench in your argument about the same money being taxed twice?

and food is actually not taxable.

Your right, we are being double and sometimes triple dipped. You actually want it to continue and get quadruple and quintuple dipped? How about our pay checks just go to the gubmint and they give everyone an equal share to meet their needs? :cuckoo:

By the way, if food isn't taxable.......why do I pay taxes on it at the grocery store? Depends where you live. Medicine is also taxable here. Gubmint needs their cut of my pie after all.

You fail!

You know, you're right. Everyone in our society gets a voice. What they shouldn't get, is access to my checkbook by government force. Fuck them! Go earn your own damn living.

You fail!

I agree, we need NO estate tax at all.

BTW I don't care what you or anyone else believes.

If what Barney Frank says is true, that what you inherit isn't worked for thus should be taxed at 55%, what does that say about what the government gets in taxes from us?

The government didn't work for it. Why do they feel they have a right to all of that money? This assumes that what we didn't actually work for automatically belongs to the government.

This is why Barney Frank's argument is wrong. You shouldn't be taxed higher just because, in his opinion, you didn't work for it. As long as it's legal it doesn't matter how you got it. What right does he have to decide the level of taxation according to how it was obtained?

Watch the video:

Barney Frank and his hypocrisy

The number one goal of Marxism is the removal of private property. The ownership of all property by the government.

I think we're seeing this in Barney Frank.

'Heirs Didn’t Do Anything to Deserve Inheritance'....jackass....this guy needed to go, so bad.

If what Barney Frank says is true, that what you inherit isn't worked for thus should be taxed at 55%, what does that say about what the government gets in taxes from us?

The government didn't work for it. Why do they feel they have a right to all of that money? This assumes that what we didn't actually work for automatically belongs to the government.

This is why Barney Frank's argument is wrong. You shouldn't be taxed higher just because, in his opinion, you didn't work for it. As long as it's legal it doesn't matter how you got it. What right does he have to decide the level of taxation according to how it was obtained?

Watch the video:

The number one goal of Marxism is the removal of private property. The ownership of all property by the government.

'Heirs Didn’t Do Anything to Deserve Inheritance'....jackass....this guy needed to go, so bad.

what exactly did heirs do to earn this $ other than being born into that family? this isnt a monarchy and never has been. heirs didnt work a day in their life to earn anything, so why should they be able to get everything for free?

and the constitution gives the government to right to collect taxes... or did you forget about that little clause... if you did its article 1, section 8 as well as the 16th amendment.

Last edited:

Watch the video:

what exactly did heirs do to earn this $ other than being born into that family? this isnt a monarchy and never has been. heirs didnt work a day in their life to earn anything, so why should they be able to get everything for free?

and the constitution gives the government to right to collect taxes... or did you forget about that little clause... if you did its article 1, section 8 as well as the 16th amendment.

first off, a) you know this how? how many have inheritable/inherited wealth they had no hand in helping create or maintain? I'll wait while you get back to me with those figures....

b) who do you think you are? so you don't think someone deserves? Oh thank you commissar...deserves?? really? Okay....I don't think you deserve internet access 24 a day. hows that? what did you do to make that happen? c) your envy, no jealousy, is noted.

Last edited:

first off, a) you know this how? how many have inheritable/inherited wealth they had no hand in helping create or maintain? I'll wait while you get back to me with those figures....

b) who do you think you are? so you don't think someone deserves? Oh thank you commissar...deserves?? really? Okay....I don't think you deserve internet access 24 a day. hows that? what did you do to make that happen? c) your envy, no jealousy, is noted.

well internet access is a pay service so you can try to limit my usage, but it wont work.
now if an heir to a business actually works at the business, then it can be passed on to them without much tax consequence. all you need to do is hire a lawyer and go through the proper channels and paperwork.
but many heirs did not actually do anything to deserve the $ other than being born. lets look at the Hilton sisters. no jobs at the hotel, no college education, nothing but being born a hilton. do they deserve have the family business? what about actors children? or politicans children? or musicians children? they obviously had no hand in creating the family wealth, yet the benefit for the simple reason of being born into that family.

i dont have any dog in the fight. especially since any estates i stand to inherit will fall well below the estate tax threshold. plus my family has basically said they are gonna spend everything "they" earned before they die. which i said more power to them. i didnt feel entitled to their money because im their child. its their money, i didnt do anything to help them earn it.

Watch the video:

Were you dropped on your head as a baby? No, seriously, were you? My father-in-law gave my son his father's (f-i-l's dad and my sons great grandfather) shotgun. It was a family posession handed down from generation to generation. Should my son have been taxed by the government for this family gift? It doesn't matter if it is a gun, a family picture album, a doily, your old man's fishnet stocking leg lamp or his monetary fortune. You posess it and it is yours to do what you choose with it. Why the fuck should the government be entitled to take a portion of my hard earned wealth I want to pass to my son so they can give it to some crack whore mother so she can have things she didn't work for. Hell, if she wants some of my money, she can come ask for a handout. I'm a very charitable person. But I decide how and where my money goes. I don't need the gubmint being the middle man. If you decided you need a piece of my financial pie and went about coming in my house to confiscate it for yourself, I'd be justified in a court of law for putting a nice grouping in your chest to stop you. Why should the gubmint be able to do by force what citizens are not allowed to by gubmint law?

Get it thru your head. A person's possessions belongs to them and they can do with it what they will and can give it to whoever they choose. You are not entitled to it if they don't want you to have it and the gubmint shouldn't be able to take it by force and give it to you. If they do.......what are you going to give in return?

well internet access is a pay service so you can try to limit my usage, but it wont work.
now if an heir to a business actually works at the business, then it can be passed on to them without much tax consequence. all you need to do is hire a lawyer and go through the proper channels and paperwork.
but many heirs did not actually do anything to deserve the $ other than being born. lets look at the Hilton sisters. no jobs at the hotel, no college education, nothing but being born a hilton. do they deserve have the family business? what about actors children? or politicans children? or musicians children? they obviously had no hand in creating the family wealth, yet the benefit for the simple reason of being born into that family.

i dont have any dog in the fight. especially since any estates i stand to inherit will fall well below the estate tax threshold. plus my family has basically said they are gonna spend everything "they" earned before they die. which i said more power to them. i didnt feel entitled to their money because im their child. its their money, i didnt do anything to help them earn it.

But what if it were above the threshold and they want to give it to you? Why would you feel the government is entitled to a portion of what your parents earned and paid taxes on?

:eusa_eh:so you'll now create a gov. agency who will vet inheritances and of they think the son has worked hard enough hes okay to forgo the tax? You're pulling my leg, right? because thats not the way it works, its taxed as an asset and due in CASH within a year.

who cares? the money that is spun off the bus. has already been taxed, so has the income that created a simple cash inheritance.

well if its 'their money' than why are you campaigning to mess with mine? If I inherited 10 millon bucks it would mean absolutely zero zip nada to you or your situation.

:eusa_eh:so you'll now create a gov. agency who will vet inheritances and of they think the son has worked hard enough hes okay to forgo the tax? You're pulling my leg, right? because thats not the way it works, its taxed as an asset and due in CASH within a year.

who cares? the money that is spun off the bus. has already been taxed, so has the income that created a simple cash inheritance.

well if its 'their money' than why are you campaigning to mess with mine? If I inherited 10 millon bucks it would mean absolutely zero zip nada to you or your situation.

Well you see, people who built their own wealth to take care of their family are really greedy bastards who don't deserve the fruits of their labor or the right to decide what to do with it. The government has the right......nay, the obligation to recover a portion of that and hand it over to the common man who isn't as "lucky".

But what if it were above the threshold and they want to give it to you? Why would you feel the government is entitled to a portion of what your parents earned and paid taxes on?

if it were above the threshold, i would be intelligent enough to retain a lawyer and explore the most economical ways to have the estate passed on. there are many legal avenues to limit the estate tax. and since they are not taxing my parents, and this is new money to me, then it has the right to be taxed. im not championing the idea that i like taxes, but with it being new income to my person, it should be subject to taxes.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby? No, seriously, were you? My father-in-law gave my son his father's (f-i-l's dad and my sons great grandfather) shotgun. It was a family posession handed down from generation to generation. Should my son have been taxed by the government for this family gift? It doesn't matter if it is a gun, a family picture album, a doily, your old man's fishnet stocking leg lamp or his monetary fortune. You posess it and it is yours to do what you choose with it. Why the fuck should the government be entitled to take a portion of my hard earned wealth I want to pass to my son so they can give it to some crack whore mother so she can have things she didn't work for. Hell, if she wants some of my money, she can come ask for a handout. I'm a very charitable person. But I decide how and where my money goes. I don't need the gubmint being the middle man. If you decided you need a piece of my financial pie and went about coming in my house to confiscate it for yourself, I'd be justified in a court of law for putting a nice grouping in your chest to stop you. Why should the gubmint be able to do by force what citizens are not allowed to by gubmint law?

Get it thru your head. A person's possessions belongs to them and they can do with it what they will and can give it to whoever they choose. You are not entitled to it if they don't want you to have it and the gubmint shouldn't be able to take it by force and give it to you. If they do.......what are you going to give in return?

gifting and estate taxes are separate issues. and since the gun falls under the limit, its not taxed anyway. try again......

also, if you wanted to legally pass on your estate and it was over the $5M threshold, go hire and lawyer and he will be able to limit the estate taxes. stop making excuses.

gifting and estate taxes are separate issues. and since the gun falls under the limit, its not taxed anyway. try again......

also, if you wanted to legally pass on your estate and it was over the $5M threshold, go hire and lawyer and he will be able to limit the estate taxes. stop making excuses.

Making excuses? Wouldn't that be you thinking the government is entitled to part of a person's estate? You've never explained why the government has a right to it other than they can make rules and enforce them at gunpoint. Why is the government entitled to it? You've never answered that. This is income that was taxed when it was earned that has been passed to a family member......no different than some other possession. Why is the government entitled to it other than it is easy pickings and they can send people to your house with guns to get it?

Forum List

Back