"Barf" material ? Migrant encampments" and forced obligations to shelter

Should communties be forced to expend for immigrants "welcomed" without their own means of support?

• Yes, it's part of our country's Christian tradition of charity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others, and people who voted, post away!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JBG

Liberal democrat
Jan 8, 2012
New York City area

Supreme Court will hear case about homeless encampments, with huge implications for California​

(link) Excerpt:

CalMatters said:
The U.S. Supreme Court will weigh in on whether cities can legally ban or limit unhoused people camping in public spaces — a case that could grant California officials more power to sweep homeless camps.

The case, originating from the Oregon city of Grants Pass, could overturn or narrow a five-year-old precedent from a federal appeals court that limited how much cities in Western states could criminalize those who sleep on the streets when there aren’t enough shelter spaces available.
and Migrants at NYC's Floyd Bennett Field are are begging for money, food at furious locals’ doorsteps: ‘Invasion’ Excerpt:
New York Post said:
Migrants staying at the Big Apple’s controversial tent shelter at Floyd Bennett Field have started going door to door in nearby neighborhoods begging residents for cash, food and clothes, furious locals told The Post Friday.
David Fitzgerald, 62, said he has noticed an influx of asylum seeker families showing up on his doorstep in Brooklyn’s Marine Park neighborhood in recent weeks asking for spare change — sparking safety fears among some of his neighbors.
“There’s definitely an invasion of immigrants from Floyd Bennett Field in our neighborhood and I see them sitting outside stores … outside the mall and going around to all the houses in the neighborhood, knocking on the door looking for money,” the retiree said.
I read posts articles as quoted just above, with dismay and disgust. Why isn't anyone saying something sensible as "you're welcome here, on your own dime." A few years ago I read The Klondike Fever: The Life and Death of the Last Great Gold Rush by Pierre Berton.

The author called it, and I paraphrase, one of the most purposeless mass movements of people in history, and yet explains well the personal and even spiritual growth experienced by many of the miners. He likens the struggle to get there, largely on foot, from Skagway through the Chilkoot Pass and then, after climbing the pass down the Yukon River to the climb of Everest. It seems an apt comparison.

The current rush to the cities of the U.S. is similar except there is guaranteed lucre at the end of the migration; at our expense. Has anyone emphasized the "rights" of U.S. citizens? Why do "migrants" have rights to our parks and schools? At least in the Yukon, you had to stake a claim. No one guaranteed they would find gold. It they didn't they were on their own to sustain themselves in the Yukon wilderness or find their way back home.

With that many illegals, every home could have a free government-supplied cook and house cleaner.

I wouldn't have to step in cat puke anymore and I'd get to eat Mexican food every night! :banana:

With that many illegals, every home could have a free government-supplied cook and house cleaner.

I wouldn't have to step in cat puke anymore and I'd get to eat Mexican food every night! :banana:
OIP.ZxtNuEg8yEffUjJqfkfVGgHaFq

We should all buy the homeless a one way ticket to California and the illegals a one way ticket back to Texas.

Forum List

Back