Baldwin Update

He's STILL stupid. But like I just said -- he MIGHT NOT be lying. If you've had the trigger back since you picked it up and were "play acting" yourself some some "speed shooting" action on the hammer -- IT WILL suddenly go off "without pulling the trigger".
Yup. At some point, he pulled back the trigger.

This is undeniable. Leftists will continue to deny it.

Yup. At some point, he pulled back the trigger.

This is undeniable. Leftists will continue to deny it.

Right. But at the moment the gun WENT OFF -- in the fog of what happened, he KNOWS he "didn't pull the trigger". So it's kinda his dumbfuck reality that's based on fact. Because he didn't ever get curious about THAT weapon enough to LEARN how it actually fires.

All he remembers is that "he didn't PULL on the trigger". Which is VERY POSSIBLE if he was clutching it all along..

What I'm amazed at is that with about maybe 1.5 hours of coverage on Fox and whatever got "panel discussed" on other channels, NEVER HEARD anyone actually SAY this. And many of people I heard calling Baldwin a liar -- are actual gun owners/enthusiasts.

Certainly the Sheriff there that ridiculed this statement should have known better.

No. In his interview with Stephanolopous (LOL) he DEMONSTRATED how he simply "fanned the hammer". HE MAY BE TELLING THE TRUTH..

Think back to the old westerns you watched in your jammies on Sat mornings. Do you remember the Old West guys with their single action revolvers quick firing by simply using your opposite hand to quickly pull back the hammer and let it release? It's pretty impressive, but maybe not smart in a gunfight.

This was a period single "single action" revolver. The hammer moves with the firing pin EVERY TIME you fan it. This is exactly how he demonstrated it to Stephanpous.

Now to pull off this feat, the TRIGGER must be HELD BACK while you do it. Otherwise the gun will just cock. But with his arrogance and no interest in safe weapons handling, it's easy to say he DID NOT PULL the trigger. Perhaps he was holding it down all the time. And SUDDENLY pulled the hammer back far enough to light off the round.

DOnt think any single actions have been made since maybe the 50s. That's why the media and talking heads aren't familiar with this.

Here's what it looks like. Pardon the woodsy boy in the vid. LOL..

To fan you MUST be pulling the trigger. The trick shooters back in tbe day would either remove the trigger completely, or tie it to the rear.

He's STILL stupid. But like I just said -- he MIGHT NOT be lying. If you've had the trigger back since you picked it up and were "play acting" yourself some some "speed shooting" action on the hammer -- IT WILL suddenly go off "without pulling the trigger".

Not really. Like you say, for fanning to work the trigger is ALREADY pulled.

Why aren’t ALL “guns” used on movie sets just fake guns? We have CGI and other special effect technology that can now make a gunshot look real even if the fake gun only goes “click.”

Cost mainly. In Canada most of the gun shooting is a high intensity light in the muzzle of a plastic gun, point at camera, light bloom blinds the camera, insert stock sound of gunshots, and you are good to go.

The gun that Kurt Russel is holdingagainst Stephen Lang's head is a fully functional Colt 1878, as in: "It'll blow your head off...

No, they don't...

Moi?

You need a mirror, son...

No, it isn't. And yes, they do. When actors are walking aroundvwith guns in the holsters, those are fake guns. The only time an actor holds a real gun is when it needs to be fired.

At all other times the guns you see in the holsters are plastic.

You have never been on a set, and you don't know a damned thing about the subject.

No, it isn't. And yes, they do. When actors are walking aroundvwith guns in the holsters, those are fake guns.

Kurt Russell owns a real Colt 1873. When I say "real", I mean the kind that shoots bullets. That's the gun he's holding against the head of Stephen Lang.

I've never seen someone who's so petrified to simply admit he's wrong...

The only time an actor holds a real gun is when it needs to be fired.

At all other times the guns you see in the holsters are plastic.

You have never been on a set, and you don't know a damned thing about the subject.

Oh, I've been on plenty. It's probably time you stop pretending you know anything about be, dude....

No, it isn't. And yes, they do. When actors are walking aroundvwith guns in the holsters, those are fake guns. The only time an actor holds a real gun is when it needs to be fired.

They don't even need to do that anymore, Wes! I was watching a program on TV last week interviewing someone about the case and they demonstrated for the audience how these days, all they need is a prop. They can add in the flash and bang digitally that it LOOKS like a real gun being fired, but they don't even need to use real caps anymore to show bullets hitting stuff, it can all be inserted digitally now just like they add in the scrimmage line, first down line, etc., and other markings in football games now.

There was absolutely no need for a real gun with live ammo on that set much less aiming it at people and squeezing the trigger, especially by the Producer. What need is there to even BRING or have live ammo to a movie set?! There was major inexplicable idiocy going on here and this will not end well for Baldwin, especially now that he has lied to the authorities; it is already bad enough this guy is not yet in custody for manslaughter.

You or I would be.

They don't even need to do that anymore, Wes! I was watching a program on TV last week interviewing someone about the case and they demonstrated for the audience how these days, all they need is a prop. They can add in the flash and bang digitally that it LOOKS like a real gun being fired, but they don't even need to use real caps anymore to show bullets hitting stuff, it can all be inserted digitally now just like they add in the scrimmage line, first down line, etc., and other markings in football games now.

There was absolutely no need for a real gun with live ammo on that set much less aiming it at people and squeezing the trigger, especially by the Producer. What need is there to even BRING or have live ammo to a movie set?! There was major inexplicable idiocy going on here and this will not end well for Baldwin, especially now that he has lied to the authorities; it is already bad enough this guy is not yet in custody for manslaughter.

You or I would be.

Yup.

So can I...but that's not the issue.

Can you tell the difference between a live and a DUMMY round?

How?

Doesn't matter. Don't point the REAL gun at a person.

Duh.

So simple a moron can understand.

Forum List

Back