Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant

True, there is nothing to be seen in anything you post. But I digress.

It does not take a spin to see that Bain Capital is the same Bain Capital it was during Romney's participation [if Romney remains a recipient - even if he only takes a cut of their profits - one can't argue he is not continuing to participate].

Corporate raiders are good for the economy, so his supporting that is a badge of honor.

I like though how it's fine to be a lifetime government hack leading the government, no conflict there. But capitalists have to renounce capitalism. That's a conflict.

Explain how corporate raiding is good for the economy. BTW, many of those you suggest are renouncing capitalism are simply trying to save capitalism from capitalists (Romeny and other plutocrats).

If corporate raiding wasn't good, Magic Johnson would be a hero for doing something besides corporate raiding since he also owns a venture capital company.

Yeah, they don't. I am a MBA in finance and I spent a big chunk of my career in NY, first working for financial institutions and then doing management consulting for financial institutions. I also spent a bunch of years at GE Capital. You on the other hand are pulling it out of your ass.

Debt holders have extensive covenants which severely restrict what is done with money lent for exactly that reason. What you are talking about are the most basic restrictions they would start with much less something they'd omit. And Virginia, they are even more careful with VCs because they are by definition going into risky situations. No debt holder would allow what you propose.

Gee, so you are part of the problem, then?

Good to know.

You do realize the banksters are the ones who fucked up the country, right?

Look, do you really think the same rules apply to a billionaire like Romney that applies to regular working Joes going to GE Capital, do you?

Get real.

Explain how corporate raiding is good for the economy
Because corporate raiders only go after companies who have significant amounts of underperforming assets. If the company can be saved, they streamline it and sell off the waste. It makes the company more efficient and saves the remaining jobs. The company left then makes the market they are in more competitive. There is no profit in doing that to a healthy company who ... by definition ... are already utilizing their assets.

It's like lions stalking a herd of wildebeests, they don't go after the healthy young males, they go after the sicker, slower ones. And that in turn helps the herd as the laggards don't slow it down so much. In all this discussion you never got that?

BTW, many of those you suggest are renouncing capitalism are simply trying to save capitalism from capitalists (Romeny and other plutocrats).

You're a moron

And you're an asshole, but that is beside the point.
That you are a moron was the point.

Your analogy is weak, for human being are not wildebeests.

I explained and then gave an analogy, and all you read was the analogy. It's actually a good one, but you have to understand and not be hostile to capitalism to get it, neither of which apply to you. You don't even know what an analogy is "human being are not wildebeests." No duh, which is why it's a ... wait for it ... analogy ...

When a factory town loses the factory the ramifications for the entire community go deep.

Sorry for the thump of my head hitting the desk, you're so stupid you're boring. The point is the factory in your town is already going to be lost, entirely. They are saving the jobs of a bunch of people, not all of them, you are advocating that every one lose their jobs. I addressed this, you ignored it, which is why I don't bother not insulting you. You're a brainless brick shit. If you can follow the discussion and give coherent points, you'll get no insults. Give it a try.

Nice to see you support commie Chinese over Americans...

You do....That is where a good chunk of the stim money went. Hell you ass clowns even funded Chinese hookers to drink responsibly.

So STFU.....

Yeah, they don't. I am a MBA in finance and I spent a big chunk of my career in NY, first working for financial institutions and then doing management consulting for financial institutions. I also spent a bunch of years at GE Capital. You on the other hand are pulling it out of your ass.

Debt holders have extensive covenants which severely restrict what is done with money lent for exactly that reason. What you are talking about are the most basic restrictions they would start with much less something they'd omit. And Virginia, they are even more careful with VCs because they are by definition going into risky situations. No debt holder would allow what you propose.

Good to know.

Look, do you really think the same rules apply to a billionaire like Romney that applies to regular working Joes going to GE Capital, do you?

Get real.

Well, I would know since my experience includes working with both high net worth investors and in senior executive compensation. Though none of that is necessary for this discussion. You're failing at finance for dummies 101. This is BASIC. And you're not even close to having a clue.

Well, I would know since my experience includes working with both high net worth investors and in senior executive compensation. Though none of that is necessary for this discussion. You're failing at finance for dummies 101. This is BASIC. And you're not even close to having a clue.

Guy, your industry just caused the worst economic meltdown since 1930...

You have all the credibility of Jeffrey Dahmner lecturing on nutrition at this point.

So if some mail room worker in Bain rapes a woman, drives over her and then drives home drunk.....is that Romney's fault too???

Because corporate raiders only go after companies who have significant amounts of underperforming assets. If the company can be saved, they streamline it and sell off the waste. It makes the company more efficient and saves the remaining jobs. The company left then makes the market they are in more competitive. There is no profit in doing that to a healthy company who ... by definition ... are already utilizing their assets.

It's like lions stalking a herd of wildebeests, they don't go after the healthy young males, they go after the sicker, slower ones. And that in turn helps the herd as the laggards don't slow it down so much. In all this discussion you never got that?

You're a moron

And you're an asshole, but that is beside the point.
That you are a moron was the point.

Your analogy is weak, for human being are not wildebeests.

I explained and then gave an analogy, and all you read was the analogy. It's actually a good one, but you have to understand and not be hostile to capitalism to get it, neither of which apply to you. You don't even know what an analogy is "human being are not wildebeests." No duh, which is why it's a ... wait for it ... analogy ...

When a factory town loses the factory the ramifications for the entire community go deep.

Sorry for the thump of my head hitting the desk, you're so stupid you're boring. The point is the factory in your town is already going to be lost, entirely. They are saving the jobs of a bunch of people, not all of them, you are advocating that every one lose their jobs. I addressed this, you ignored it, which is why I don't bother not insulting you. You're a brainless brick shit. If you can follow the discussion and give coherent points, you'll get no insults. Give it a try.

The point is you are an asshole. A community suffers, but corporate raiders profiit and this you support and try to justify. If the weak company dies of natural causes, so be it. Some assets will exist which may benefit the community and the employees, When Bain or other raiders take over a company who profits? Not the employees, not the community. only Bain and it's stockholders [who were never stakeholders].

Avarice is one of the deadly sins; isn't that what motivates someone to like you?

Guy, your industry just caused the worst economic meltdown since 1930...

You have all the credibility of Jeffrey Dahmner lecturing on nutrition at this point.

One of the most heavily regulated markets in the country failing is the fault of the industry, and we need more regulation. Got it.

Actually, Clinton forced banks to lend to sub prime buyers, government funded them with ultra low rates using printed money, the price went artificially high because buyers who couldn't make the payments were bidding up the price of real estate, when there was an economic blip the multitudes who couldn't afford the houses in the first place started defaulting ...

... which is how the free market failed. You're a rocket scientist you are.

The point is you are an asshole. A community suffers, but corporate raiders profiit and this you support and try to justify. If the weak company dies of natural causes, so be it. Some assets will exist which may benefit the community and the employees, When Bain or other raiders take over a company who profits? Not the employees, not the community. only Bain and it's stockholders [who were never stakeholders].

Avarice is one of the deadly sins; isn't that what motivates someone to like you?

You want every stinking employee to lose their job so no one profits by saving a portion of them. You're showing clearly who the asshole is.

You want every stinking employee to lose their job so no one profits by saving a portion of them. You're showing clearly who the asshole is.

Your rationalization is showing; you and the raiders give not one damn about others - that is the nature of the greedy. Bain & Romney go in to make a profit, not to save employees. First layoff the trouble makers, next cut salary and benefits, then take out loans - government guaranteed loans - and pay yourself and your partners at Bain a high salary for consulting, then reduce the labor force and maintenance. Finally layoff the rest of the employees, sell all the assets and find another factory or business to raid.

Wow, some real head bangers in this thread. Without investment capital companies can't stay in business long. This thread is a major fail and the lefties on here have absolutely no idea how the markets work. No wonder most of them are broke and living off the government. :cuckoo:

Obama is right on one thing, they're too stupid to know what's best for them. Problem is he didn't expect to encounter the other side, the side that thinks for themselves.

If you're working somewhere and find out that Bain bought your company; you're next move should be to brush up on the resume. This is what they do if it makes economic sense to do so; jobs, tradition, the community etc... be damned.

I would hope that the resume was already done. Bain doesn't buy strong companies, only the ones that are destined to fail if no intervention is at hand. :eusa_eh:

So what you are admitting is that Bain is a vulture, then?

bain-capital-harvest-time-what-now-438.jpg

Stupid quote of the day so far, Joe. Where would the companies be today without the help of Bain? I tell you, a failed company.....a company that could only be found in history.
Sheeesh :eusa_eh:

Good to know.

Get real.

Kaz is exactly right. You know nothing.

What you claim happens "all the time" does not happen all the time, and companies like Bain risk their and their clients' capital. Yet, you keep repeating the lie over and over again.

Your rationalization is showing; you and the raiders give not one damn about others - that is the nature of the greedy. Bain & Romney go in to make a profit, not to save employees. First layoff the trouble makers, next cut salary and benefits, then take out loans - government guaranteed loans - and pay yourself and your partners at Bain a high salary for consulting, then reduce the labor force and maintenance. Finally layoff the rest of the employees, sell all the assets and find another factory or business to raid.

Except that is not what usually happens.

Was the company profitable? Was it even competitive?

Business cannot be conducted on the feel good notion of people who think that business should exist just to provide jobs to the masses. There are ACTUAL purposes for why businesses exist.

Forum List

Back