Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant

This started happening when Romney left. Guess how much Bain executives have given to the Obama campaign and other Democratic candidates? In fact one of Obama’s top campaign financiers — Jonathan Lavine — is also managing director at Bain. So perhaps you need to change the title of this thread to 'Obama's Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant'.

Except- again- Romney founded Bain and created it's modus opperendi, which is to go into a struggling company, saddle it with a shitload of debt, "Harvest it", and then let it collapse under its own weight after doing draconian things to its workers.

That a few of them are hedging their bets by contributing to Obama doesn't take away from that.

This started happening when Romney left. Guess how much Bain executives have given to the Obama campaign and other Democratic candidates? In fact one of Obama’s top campaign financiers — Jonathan Lavine — is also managing director at Bain. So perhaps you need to change the title of this thread to 'Obama's Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant'.

Except- again- Romney founded Bain and created it's modus opperendi, which is to go into a struggling company, saddle it with a shitload of debt, "Harvest it", and then let it collapse under its own weight after doing draconian things to its workers.

That a few of them are hedging their bets by contributing to Obama doesn't take away from that.

Except - AGAIN - that is not the modus operandi of Bain Capital. Bain Capital's modus operandi was to 1.) help businesses grow, and 2.) fix businesses by applying the Bain Principles developed at the consulting firm Bain & Co.

Most of the businesses that Bain Capital has invested in have either been fixed or have grown. Most of the businesses that Bain Capital have invested in have not collapsed under the weight of debt, nor have they done draconian things to its workers. To say it is the "modus opperendi" of Bain is to bankrupt companies is a blatant lie.

Sure it is...

Tell that to Joe Soptic....

You're Joe Soptic?

Hate is a powerful emotion that distorts one's ability to rationally process information. You should think about that when you post about Mormons and Bain because it's all over your posts.

He''s the guy who worked at GS Steel until Romney and his vultures at Bain ran the place into the ground. He lost his pension and his insurance and his wife died of cancer.

But they're only the "little people", they don't fucking count in your universe.

They do in mine.

But I've really come to expect that kind of shit from Mormons, who see the universe divided between "Saints" and "Gentiles"...

Sure it is...

You're Joe Soptic?

Hate is a powerful emotion that distorts one's ability to rationally process information. You should think about that when you post about Mormons and Bain because it's all over your posts.

He''s the guy who worked at GS Steel until Romney and his vultures at Bain ran the place into the ground. He lost his pension and his insurance and his wife died of cancer.

But they're only the "little people", they don't fucking count in your universe.

They do in mine.

But I've really come to expect that kind of shit from Mormons, who see the universe divided between "Saints" and "Gentiles"...

What a freakin' liar!! His wife had her own insurance, the freaking plant closed in 2001 and she died in 2006. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of those wonderful Illinois taxes. Why would anyone want to live in a Hell Hole like Chicago and pay those ridiculous taxes. Oh I know, government assistance is a way of life. Businesses are packing up and leaving to neighboring states. Smart move those Illinois politicians made.

Obama’s sleaziest ad yet: Romney kinda sorta killed a man’s wife by closing down his steel plant « Hot Air

Illinois's Tax Increase Has Business Fuming, Neighbors Courting - WSJ.com

Setting Romney aside from Bain, being he hasn't been there in several years. Has anyone looked to see how successful this company was operating?

Or the fact that taxes have increased in Illinois?

Illinois Increases Tax Rates for 2011 through 2025

Taxes increased because revenue went down because Bush let Wall Street run a derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

Taxes increased because the state san't afford

ILL like most states with financial problems is drowning in debt, and increased costs from public employee pensions and increased Medicare cost idiot

Sure it is...

You're Joe Soptic?

They do in mine.

Yes, we know. You can search the hundreds of companies that bain invested in, brush aside the hundreds of success stories and fine one person or a single group of people and then declair that bain is all about this one person or group. That everything they did is symbolized by the single instance. Forget about the 80 percent of other companies that grew. Forget about the fact that, even in the instance you cite, that man would have lost his job sooner and his benefits with them. Forget about all that because you HATE THE FUCKING MORMON.

That’s all you can do. Practically every attack on Bain has been proven to be false or a misrepresentation of what actually happened but you continue to cling to them like lifeboats to justify your bigoted hatred. You are disgusting.

He''s the guy who worked at GS Steel until Romney and his vultures at Bain ran the place into the ground

You fundamentally don't understand finance, you should shut up and stop making yourself look stupid. They have no interest in well run companies, the point of the whole thing is to trim waste and make underperforming assets perform. No one would buy and gut a healthy company, it would be throwing money away. Stop being such a Mormon dude and buy a clue.

Most of you rethugs on here are disgusting fuking individuals.

Rooting for companies like Bain to take over and move American jobs overseas at the cost of jobs for American workers makes you people slime sucking fuk heads.

You all should lose your jobs. That is if you even work. Which by the number of posts many of you have, the idea of you all working is laughable.

Rooting for companies like Bain to take over and move American jobs overseas at the cost of jobs for American workers makes you people slime sucking fuk heads.

You all should lose your jobs. That is if you even work. Which by the number of posts many of you have, the idea of you all working is laughable.

Most of you Democraps on here are disgusting fuking individuals.

Rooting for companies to go under so everyone loses their job makes you people slime sucking fuk heads.

You should lose your job. That is if you even work. Which considering your mind numbing ignorance, the idea of anyone hiring you is laughable.

Sure it is...

You're Joe Soptic?

They do in mine.

These kinds of posts which are what he does best Joey just proves what kind of mind numb idiot hater he is.:cuckoo:

Please continue this line of attack against Romney. Anti-capitalism!! Woo hoo!! That'll sell!!

:lol:

Even if the globalization aspects of capitalism is dragging the USA down?
Truths are hard for many to accept. Especially then our masters do not want us to realize them.

The solution is very simple, you make the US business climate where thay can't afford to leave. What do you bet they don't have to have a staff of lawyers and complience experts to keep up with govt red tape in China. Those folks cost a but load of money.

it is labor costs not red tape.

btw you misspelled "butt".

You're Joe Soptic?

They do in mine.

What a freakin' liar!! His wife had her own insurance, the freaking plant closed in 2001 and she died in 2006. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of those wonderful Illinois taxes. Why would anyone want to live in a Hell Hole like Chicago and pay those ridiculous taxes. Oh I know, government assistance is a way of life. Businesses are packing up and leaving to neighboring states. Smart move those Illinois politicians made.

[/url]

Okay, whatever you say... Deliverance Country.

His wife had inadequate insurance from a part time company, but she lost that job because she couldnt' work. The shere stupidity of linking health care to work. (You only get to live as long as someone can make money off of you.)

She'd have faired a lot better if they still had her husband's good insurance.

This is a sensitive issue to me, because in 2007, I ran up a lot of medical bills, and in 2008, I was let go despite outstanding performance reviews and having seniority on others.

I know a lot of Joe Soptics, unfortunately. Just average working people trying to get by when the Bain's of teh world are running roughshod over their lives.

Another example of stimulus outsourcing is Japanese wind energy firm Eurus Energy, whose U.S. subsidiary, Eurus Energy America, received $91 million in stimulus funds to build a wind farm in Texas, according to a 2010 report from American University. That wind farm reportedly was built with wind turbines manufactured by another Japanese company – Mitsubishi.

“Eurus Energy America, the U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese firm, received $91 million in stimulus money for its Bull Creek wind farm in Texas. The farm consists of 180 Mitsubishi turbines,” the American University report said.

Eurus told American University that the wind farm was actually built by British firm RES Americas and is now being run by EnXco, an American subsidiary of the French energy firm EDF Energies Nouvelles.

“Illustrating the often international nature of deals in the U.S. wind industry, a company executive told the Watchdog Institute that his company used RES Americas, a British firm, as the general contractor to build its facility. Eurus is now employing EnXco, a subsidiary of French renewable energy firm EDF Energies Nouvelles, to operate the farm,” the report said.

Another example of the Obama administration funding foreign companies is a $337 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy’s green energy lending program.

That loan went to California energy firm Sempra Energy for a solar power array in Arizona. However, according to a Feb. 4, 2011 New York Times report, Sempra Energy bought its solar panels from the Chinese firm Suntech.

The project, known as Mesquite Solar 1, reportedly used 800,000 of the Chinese solar panels.

Perhaps the best-known example of Obama administration funding of foreign companies is its $500-million loan guarantee to Finnish automaker Fisker Automotive. That loan, part of the Energy Department’s electric vehicle lending program, was made to help Fisker establish a U.S. manufacturing presence.

However, the company never established an American factory, choosing instead to shutter its U.S. operations and continue building cars in Finland

Obama Administration Outsourced Jobs with Stimulus Funding | CNSNews.com

Last edited:
Yes, we know. You can search the hundreds of companies that bain invested in, brush aside the hundreds of success stories and fine one person or a single group of people and then declair that bain is all about this one person or group. That everything they did is symbolized by the single instance. Forget about the 80 percent of other companies that grew. Forget about the fact that, even in the instance you cite, that man would have lost his job sooner and his benefits with them. Forget about all that because you HATE THE FUCKING MORMON.

That’s all you can do. Practically every attack on Bain has been proven to be false or a misrepresentation of what actually happened but you continue to cling to them like lifeboats to justify your bigoted hatred. You are disgusting.

I frankly am not impressed by the fact that some companies prospered in spite of Bain.

I don't think any prospered because of Bain. Bain was a parasite, not a vital organ. Most companies do well because the people who work their bust their asses on a day in, day out basis... they never prosper because of the brilliant leadership of guys like this..

Pointy-Hair.jpg

22% of companies Bain invested in went bankrupt. In the 1990's, when things actually were going pretty well for business overall.

Forget about the fact that, even in the instance you cite, that man would have lost his job sooner and his benefits with them.

That's completely debateable. GS Steel had issues, but Bain made them worse. They borrowed a shitload of money that was not used to improve equipment and processes, but was used instead to buy other companies. And to pay off those debts, they slashed payrolls, benefits and eventually, the company went bankrupt anyway.

But Bain made a 12 million dollar profit, and 750 people lost their jobs.

If you're working somewhere and find out that Bain bought your company; you're next move should be to brush up on the resume. This is what they do if it makes economic sense to do so; jobs, tradition, the community etc... be damned.

I would hope that the resume was already done. Bain doesn't buy strong companies, only the ones that are destined to fail if no intervention is at hand. :eusa_eh:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Dated: Friday 10 August 2012 11.15 EDT

Romney hasn't been at Bain for how long now?

Nothing to see here.

True, there is nothing to be seen in anything you post. But I digress.

It does not take a spin to see that Bain Capital is the same Bain Capital it was during Romney's participation [if Romney remains a recipient - even if he only takes a cut of their profits - one can't argue he is not continuing to participate].

Forum List

Back