Bachman Wins

Carl Cameron being very favorable and respectful in his words about Paul, calling him a real contender now.

Hopefully this leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who simply want to parrot the "unelectable" nonsense, because they seem to be stuck in 2008.

Well like clockwork grandpa murked u comes in to discredit the poll.

I think it's better that he got a close 2nd, because the media still has to take it seriously.

History shows that Paul now has a 50/50 chance to win Iowa.

His popularity continues to grow, whereas Bachmann is likely to implode sooner or later, so I think he's in a very good position right now.

I expected Bachman and Paul to come in first and second. Bachman probably gained a lot of votes because Iowa is her home state. So the fact that Paul came so close to winning is telling. Not to discredit Bachman of course, but an interesting point to make I think.

Also interesting is that both Paul and Bachman are members of the house, not governors. The last time a sitting member of the house won the presidency was in 1880 with James Garfield. I think it is time we elect another congressman as president.

Pawlenty in third? That is a surprise to me, but it was a distant third. Newt is finished...he lost to write ins. That proves his campaign is over.

:confused: me thought she was Minnisotan..

I expected Bachman and Paul to come in first and second. Bachman probably gained a lot of votes because Iowa is her home state. So the fact that Paul came so close to winning is telling. Not to discredit Bachman of course, but an interesting point to make I think.

Also interesting is that both Paul and Bachman are members of the house, not governors. The last time a sitting member of the house won the presidency was in 1880 with James Garfield. I think it is time we elect another congressman as president.

Pawlenty in third? That is a surprise to me, but it was a distant third. Newt is finished...he lost to write ins. That proves his campaign is over.

She was born in Iowa.

Hopefully this leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who simply want to parrot the "unelectable" nonsense, because they seem to be stuck in 2008.

I think it's better that he got a close 2nd, because the media still has to take it seriously.

His popularity continues to grow, whereas Bachmann is likely to implode sooner or later, so I think he's in a very good position right now.

I'm sure her handlers are keeping a very tight leash on her. As long as she stays funded she could come down the stretch.

As far as Perry I don't take his candidacy seriously, I think he's a GOP plan to keep Paul farther down in the polls.

We could get a lot of Cains supporters though once he finally drops.

Bachmann can now raise money that lets her hang in there and weaken Perry's bid for the right wing of the party. Good deal for Romney.

It could end up, ironically, like 2008 where Romney and Huckabee were splitting the right's vote and McCain benefited.

By home state I meant where she grew up, Iowa. Sorry, I just realized I was unclear. In her speech she continually said her family had been living in Iowa for a million years, and the crowd loved the reference. Not that she doesn't have anything else going for her, but I think Paul could have won had it not been for that factor (it would have been close though).

Go get a box of tissues bitch boy :lol:

Tissue for what moron? I dont have a leg in this, nor does anyone else. The only thing this will help with is their ability to get contributions. I dont dislike any of the candidates nor have I decided who I like the most so bite me.

What the fuck are you waiting for??

They all have records, pick a damn candidate who's record best fits your views for crying out loud.

Im waiting to see how they act on the trail. Records dont show a persons temperament or how they handle pressure. How they deal with unscripted moments like Romney yesterday. For the most part with the exception of Paul they all stand for the same basic things. whats the rush?

When you buy a new car do you just buy it after looking at it or do you test drive a few and think it through? We've got plenty of time.

Bachmann can now raise money that lets her hang in there and weaken Perry's bid for the right wing of the party. Good deal for Romney.

It could end up, ironically, like 2008 where Romney and Huckabee were splitting the right's vote and McCain benefited.
Good point. My hope is that the vote is split again, but Paul benefits. You have Perry, Romney, and Bachman competing for similar electorates, whereas Paul is pretty much the only candidate (sorry Johnson) that represents his demographic. I think Bachman takes a few away from Paul, simply because she has that Tea Party thing going for her. Perry is interesting as well, because he appeals to some of the Paul "newcomers" who might not be as sure of Paul as the hardcore fans. But I think Perry will be revealed as the not-so-small government guy he is eventually. If the vote is thinned out enough Paul could actually win it. I wont put my money on it...yet...but he definitely has a chance this year, which he did not in 2008.

Last edited:

I'm sure her handlers are keeping a very tight leash on her. As long as she stays funded she could come down the stretch.

As far as Perry I don't take his candidacy seriously, I think he's a GOP plan to keep Paul farther down in the polls.

Yeah that's possible, and I think after today even Cain has some rethinking to do. I mean he came in fifth after Santorum of all people. So I think Cain is having some serious doubts about attempting to move forward right now.

Good point. I notice Paul's facebook page is constantly growing, and he is catching up to Bachman. I feel that there is a larger number of Paul supporters who will vote Paul no matter what happens than supporters who would do the same for Bachman. His supporters are more loyal and much more active. But they can also be a turn off to some. Paul also has to be very careful to bash Bachman, for she is a Palin-esque idol for much of the Republican base. He needs to draw Bachman voters his way without attacking Bachman.

Last edited:

Yeah that's possible, and I think after today even Cain has some rethinking to do. I mean he came in fifth after Santorum of all people. So I think Cain is having some serious doubts about attempting to move forward right now.

He's not all that well funded and has been using a lot of his own money to campaign. How much of your own money would you be willing to gamble with at this point, you know?

I think of all the candidates he's the one we could get some supporters from. If we only got 1/3 of his 10% that's a huge boost.

He's not all that well funded and has been using a lot of his own money to campaign. How much of your own money would you be willing to gamble with at this point, you know?

I think of all the candidates he's the one we could get some supporters from. If we only got 1/3 of his 10% that's a huge boost.

Yeah when Santorum drops out I'm not entirely sure they'll move into Paul's camp. :lol:

Yeah when Santorum drops out I'm not entirely sure they'll move into Paul's camp. :lol:
He's our new Giuliani.

bachmann-eyes-meme-generator-michelle-bachmann-watches-you-masturbate-691fc5.jpg

I thought "the eyes" were following me around!!! :redface:

Way to go Iowa!

Now, if only the rest of the GOP primaries will support Bachmann/Paul

And in 2007, I bet McCain must have done pretty well.

Ames Straw Poll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Place Candidate Votes Percentage
1 Mitt Romney 4,516 31.6%
2 Mike Huckabee 2,587 18.1%
3 Sam Brownback 2,192 15.3%
4 Tom Tancredo 1,961 13.7%
5 Ron Paul 1,305 9.1%
6 Tommy Thompson 1,039 7.3%
7 Fred Thompson 203 1.4%
8 Rudy Giuliani 183 1.3%
9 Duncan Hunter 174 1.2%
10 John McCain 101 0.7%
11 John H. Cox 41 0.3%

Oh.

And in 2007, I bet McCain must have done pretty well.

Ames Straw Poll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Place Candidate Votes Percentage
1 Mitt Romney 4,516 31.6%
2 Mike Huckabee 2,587 18.1%
3 Sam Brownback 2,192 15.3%
4 Tom Tancredo 1,961 13.7%
5 Ron Paul 1,305 9.1%
6 Tommy Thompson 1,039 7.3%
7 Fred Thompson 203 1.4%
8 Rudy Giuliani 183 1.3%
9 Duncan Hunter 174 1.2%
10 John McCain 101 0.7%
11 John H. Cox 41 0.3%

Oh.

Tancredo and Brownback got that many votes?? I guess we SHOULDN'T take the poll seriously :lol:

Forum List

Back