AZ Senate launches inquiry into Wendy Rogers' comments on Buffalo shooting

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
The far-right senator promoted a falsehood that the federal government was behind the racist attack. Two months ago, the Senate censured Rogers for violent comments.

The Republican-controlled Arizona State Senate voted 24-3 Monday to conduct an ethics investigation of state Sen. Wendy Rogers, for a social media post suggesting that the suspect in the Buffalo massacre was a federal agent, echoing claims made by white nationalists.

Not long after a gunman killed several people at a Buffalo grocery store, the Flagstaff Republican made a comment on social media that experts on extremism say is a "dog whistle" for a far-right conspiracy theory.
"Fed boy summer has started in Buffalo," Rogers said on her Telegram page and other accounts. The term “Fed boy” refers to government employees.
By a vote of 24-3, Republicans and Democrats approved an investigation of Rogers' comments by the Senate Ethics Committee.

Rogers, who represents a solidly Republican northern Arizona district, is an ardent Donald Trump supporter and election denier.
She has become a national figure among far-right white Christian nationalists who espouse racist ideas. She has endorsed Republican candidate for governor Kari Lake.

This marks the third time in a year that Rogers has faced discipline by her fellow senators.

The Senate voted on removing her yesterday, but it failed.

The woman is nuts beyond a doubt, but I don't advocate removing someone from elected office due to them taking unpopular positions. That's a slippery slope. If her constituents aren't happy with her insanity they can vote her out when she is up for reelection.

A tweet? It's intimidation.

How is it intimidation? Who's being intimidated?

Don't get me wrong, I've never even heard of this woman, and I disagree with the point she was apparently trying to make. But I just don't see what needs to be investigated. It's pretty clear she made those comments, yes?

Do any cultists advocate for Omar being removed from Congress for her constantly espousing her hatred of Jews?

New Topics

Forum List

Back