Axios: Speaker Ryan not running for re-election

This has nothing to do with Trump, everything to do with the Omnibus Bill if I were to guess. Just going by the massive, i mean massive backlash on twitter and on forums online, people were enraged by the Bill, not just for the massive costs, but more importantly, the massive costs without the Wall funding.

All I hear is attacks on Ryan and McConnell. I am guessing that him leaving is better news for Trump supporters. I am also guessing Ryan wasn't going to win the re-election bid, if I understand how it all works correctly. There have been conservatives on twitter talking about voting for anyone but Ryan, even the Democrats. That kind of talk is very hard to find in such a hyper partisan environment.

Last edited:

My sentiments exactly. I never was happy with his performance as House Speaker. He went along with Trump half-heartedly but appeared that he'd stab him in the back if he got the chance.

Time to get him out of there and get someone who will solidify the House, we we can get the Trump train up to full speed.

He's not seeking reelection.
giphy.gif

"Paul Ryan's a bit like John Kelly in that the media started out with a caricature of him—in Ryan's case, as a wonkish, reasonable, deficit hawk and fiscal conservative—that was pretty impervious to contrary evidence."

SoH Paul Ryan will not seek re-election.

Ted Lieu @tedlieu

Dear House Republicans: Speaker Paul Ryan understands a Dem wave is rolling in this Nov. There's still time for many of you to follow his lead and retire gracefully.

Also, it seems many of you don't enjoy enabling a lawless @POTUS that shows no loyalty to you & the GOP. https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/984043546616492032 …

9:08 AM - Apr 11, 2018
Wisconsin Join up
DagNR-sX4AALhC6.jpg

Forum List

Back