CDZ avoiding climate catastrophe : paying attention to our methane output should be of bigger concern to us, i and quite a few others think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small molecule, highly volatile, oil derivatives up through octane like..
Natural gas. Duh!
In the old days of mining it was fairly typical to throw a stick of dynamite down to frack the rocks and liberate the oil. Today they use non flammable liquid.

In the old days of mining it was fairly typical to throw a stick of dynamite down to frack the rocks and liberate the oil. Today they use non flammable liquid.
Yeah, sure. As though I was talking about the fracking fluid :rolleyes:
Reminder: "What is it that you believe is flammable in hydraulic fracturing?"

Comrad Grumblenuts posted:
"we don’t have thousands of years to wait for nature to absorb the flood of CO2. By then, billions of people would have suffered and died from the impacts of climate change; there would be mass extinctions, and our beautiful planet would become unrecognizable. We can avoid much of that damage and suffering through a combination of decarbonizing our energy supply, pulling CO2 out the atmosphere, and developing more sustainable ways of thriving."
In Truth, the Babylonina New World Order gurus are currently injecting millions of people with deadly drugs.
Trying to freeze millions of people by blocking the use of natural gas, oil and coal. Seeking to cause mass starvation by blocking fertilizer produxction, poisoning the people and the land with chemical spraying high in the sky,
ever more wars, abortions, etc. etc. caused by wickedness in high places.

Comrad Grumblenuts posted:
"we don’t have thousands of years to wait for nature to absorb the flood of CO2. By then, billions of people would have suffered and died from the impacts of climate change; there would be mass extinctions, and our beautiful planet would become unrecognizable. We can avoid much of that damage and suffering through a combination of decarbonizing our energy supply, pulling CO2 out the atmosphere, and developing more sustainable ways of thriving."
In Truth, the Babylonina New World Order gurus are currently injecting millions of people with deadly drugs.
Trying to freeze millions of people by blocking the use of natural gas, oil and coal. Seeking to cause mass starvation by blocking fertilizer produxction, poisoning the people and the land with chemical spraying high in the sky,
ever more wars, abortions, etc. etc. caused by wickedness in high places.
I read the article, and NON-flammable material was mentioned.
I obviously didn't write that quote and there's no article. This is in the Clean Debate Zone and flacaltenn has been very active here, so keep it up..

I obviously didn't write that quote and there's no article. This is in the Clean Debate Zone and flacaltenn has been very active here, so keep it up..

Heck I skipped the stuff about fracking, dont drag me back in to bore folks. LOL.

The really really flammable stuff under a fracking site is the nat gas and other Hcarbs they are trying to REMOVE. All this stuff about benzene derivatives in fracking comes from the fact you're drilling in Mother Nature sewer system. So there's TONS of toxic and potentially flammable stuff DOWN THERE in the 1st place.

Can I go back to my cat and dog vids now?? :hyper:

Need better designs for storage tanks but yeah. Compressed is relative. You dont have chose liquid or compressed or HIGHLY compressed.

Here's the deal. Wind and solar are SOMEWHAT regional, so some pipelines MIGHT be necessary, But you could make and STORE IT LOCALLY in most of US. For instance, your local nat gas company takes PIPELINE nat gas and stores it OFF SEASON underground LOCALLY. Or uses the closest pipeline to replenish it.

With the generation MORE LOCALLY stored, it cuts much of the transport issues.

With a fuel cell outside your HOME and a local pipeline to the hydrogen storage - YOU CAN BE the electric company rather than burning hydrogen IN the home.
Where are you getting this hydrogen?

hydrogen fuel cells are very efficient. Elon Musk rejected it because he said it cost too much to extract hydrogen. Elon Musk also owns and has his money in Lithium mines so...........
Hydrogen fuel cells are simply storage device for hydrogen to transfer energy. It takes more energy to extract and store the hydrogen than you will ever get out a fuel cell.

Where are you getting this hydrogen?

Out of the air. OR -- by breaking down Hcarbons without "burning" them (for larger scale production). You can buy a unit for your home right now -- if you have a fuel cell generator or fuel cell car to power.

Pricey unit below, I've found some cheaper -- but this one INCLUDES the fuel cell that generates electricity from the hydrogen it makes.

Hydrogen fuel cells are simply storage device for hydrogen to transfer energy. It takes more energy to extract and store the hydrogen than you will ever get out a fuel cell.

If the energy comes from sun and wind -- the energy cost is "free". It's a matter of pushing a BETTER idea that can STORE enough solar IN THE FORM OF A FUEL to make it thru the times that the sun aint shining.

It would keep us off the DESTRUCTIVE MINDLESS current path of burying ourselves in battery waste to attempt to bandaid the flaky reliability of wind and solar.

If the energy comes from sun and wind -- the energy cost is "free". It's a matter of pushing a BETTER idea that can STORE enough solar IN THE FORM OF A FUEL to make it thru the times that the sun aint shining.

It would keep us off the DESTRUCTIVE MINDLESS current path of burying ourselves in battery waste to attempt to bandaid the flaky reliability of wind and solar.

BTW -- NOT RECOMMENDING that this BE DONE at a home level. But it could be done MORE LOCALLY than solar/wind by the resident utility company and the electricity delivered the way it comes into your home today.

Out of the air. OR -- by breaking down Hcarbons without "burning" them (for larger scale production). You can buy a unit for your home right now -- if you have a fuel cell generator or fuel cell car to power.

Pricey unit below, I've found some cheaper -- but this one INCLUDES the fuel cell that generates electricity from the hydrogen it makes.

US$26,900
And the final joy killer is the system's maximum continuous power output of 5 kW, limited presumably by the throughput of the fuel cell. There are single split-system air-con systems out there that draw more than 7 kW, and they're not particularly extravagant ones. 5 kW of continuous power output is going to be an issue; you'll need to keep your grid connection active.
Uh, no tanks! But check out these puppies:
lng_buy_img.png

They even remove warts and preserve bull semen!

ing_top_frm_img.jpg

Cryopreservation of bull semen or fertilized eggs

farm_simg01.jpg

farm_simg02.jpg

Last edited:

Out of the air? That's hilarious! There is .00005% of air that is hydrogen!

Breaking down hydrocarbons requires the expenditure of energy, making the entire process incredible inefficient. Contrary to popular opinion, hydrogen is not a fuel, but rather an energy transfer method.

OK, I see where you were going with that now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back