CDZ avoiding climate catastrophe : paying attention to our methane output should be of bigger concern to us, i and quite a few others think

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the exact answer is pencil pusher politicians want to get everyone on a Battery plan when the answer is more H2O to grow stuff, grow population, grow economy and most of all live in a water world. If ya got 300% more green plants you got a good environment but ya go the opposite way of drying it out with E power. So Take an aspirin and call me tomorrow is a great fix ! Nothing those pencil pushers will do can make a bid of difference in the scheme of it all. Is heating and drying out. been doing it for a very long time. Mankind started in Africa because it was very lush with lowland waters. they are all gone now and Africa is a mess.

Regarding your comment about carbon, carbon capture along the tropics is much greater than previously estimated. This is a good selling point to stop deforestation efforts and unethical research team invasion of the Amazon.
Yes, let's hamstring ourselves yet again so that China and other countries can laugh at us for it.. countries that enter into "agreements" with us and arent' required to do anything, like the Paris Treaty.

"Hey, if I give up $50 right now, will you maybe think about giving up $5 in the next 10 years?
your point is well taken and also alludes to the fact that does it really matter what the US does isn’t it more about what China does in the first place given their landmass, population size and massive air/water polluter status? I read where they were reducing air pollution due to the hosting the Olympics this year, which involved funneling air polluts into to water pollution lol great “success” there. With this recent reduction in air quality (at least according to CCP) people living in Beijing can now live 3 years longer on average compared to a few years ago. Hard to know what’s accurate with CCP posturing, but I don’t wish ill will on the people.

Pssst -- quick reminder:

Who cares. Consensus is not scientific. Consensus is weak minded people being led by the nose.

Pssst -- quick reminder:

Consensus project is a continuing fraud by the cartoonists at SKEPTICALSCIENCE. The SHITTIEST site to learn anything about Global Warming science.

These folks PUSHED the 97% consensus stupidity back about 2 DECADES AGO with a fraud of reading papers for a couple key words and counting ANYTHING they didn't have those key words as a CONSENSUS.

Since the jerks behind this are NOT scientists, they dont realize that GW science is NOT ONE FUCKING question. It's a hundred or MORE critical questions.

So -- since you stepped into this -- what was the ONE question they found consensus on.. Need an answer here.

Did they find "consensus" on how much warmer it will BE in 2100?

Did they ASK any scientists how good the prediction models were?
Did they ASK any scientists if GW science is "SETTLED"??
Did they ASK any scientists anything?

All noes. ONE QUESTION. One even I can answer yes to. What was this feeble attempt at "the science is settled" question GrumbleNuts??.

Like I said above I believe Desalting Ocean Water on a Massive scale, pumping it to lakes and then pumping it to Agriculture areas that are dry now can help in a massive scale. It just takes those 1000's of Desalting plants and storage/delivery systems. The Lakes will also increase rainfall as the winds change. We got the technology now to easily do it. Floodings in Rainy months is a yearly event, those excess waters need to be relocated for storage in dry area months. Its simple but not acceptable by todays political stance.
IIRC, desalinization is a very costly endeavor.

Consensus project is a continuing fraud by the cartoonists at SKEPTICALSCIENCE. The SHITTIEST site to learn anything about Global Warming science.

These folks PUSHED the 97% consensus stupidity back about 2 DECADES AGO with a fraud of reading papers for a couple key words and counting ANYTHING they didn't have those key words as a CONSENSUS.

Since the jerks behind this are NOT scientists, they dont realize that GW science is NOT ONE FUCKING question. It's a hundred or MORE critical questions.

So -- since you stepped into this -- what was the ONE question they found consensus on.. Need an answer here.

Did they find "consensus" on how much warmer it will BE in 2100?

Did they ASK any scientists how good the prediction models were?
Did they ASK any scientists if GW science is "SETTLED"??
Did they ASK any scientists anything?

All noes. ONE QUESTION. One even I can answer yes to. What was this feeble attempt at "the science is settled" question GrumbleNuts??.
Don't be talking 'misinformation'......LOL

My, my, triggered again so easily. I don't recall pretending to be a climate scientist and found the provided link blurb quite self-explanatory. Is this forum suddenly restricted to only those pretending to be qualified to peer review doctoral level research or is it post doctoral level now and barking mad? Got questions? Read their methodology, sparky. They're not hiding anything and have clearly considered far more than you've concocted to shake your fist at. Calm down. Don't blow a gasket. Here, some nice Brits have put it all in a tidy nutshell for ya:

My, my, triggered again so easily. I don't recall pretending to be a climate scientist and found the provided link blurb quite self-explanatory. Is this forum suddenly restricted to only those pretending to be qualified to peer review doctoral level research or is it post doctoral level now and barking mad? Got questions? Read their methodology, sparky. They're not hiding anything and have clearly considered far more than you've concocted to shake your fist at. Calm down. Don't blow a gasket. Here, some nice Brits have put it all in a tidy nutshell for ya:

No, they haven't. They rely on studies that are based almost completely on computer generated fiction.

They have even been so bold as to declare that the scientific method doesn't apply to climatology.

Which makes climatology a religion, and no longer a science.

No, they haven't. They rely on studies that are based almost completely on computer generated fiction.

They have even been so bold as to declare that the scientific method doesn't apply to climatology.

Which makes climatology a religion, and no longer a science.

while i thanked you for this post, as it has a lot of truth in it, not all of the climate science is 'a religion' though..

statistical models (short-termed ones especially, dating back in the 10-year to 2-year range i suppose) still can tell us a lot about what's ahead in the near future, and what to prepare for, what adjustments would be wise to implement in our economies, stuff like that.

and when combined with longer range models (up to the start of the industrial age even), or when combined with models estimating what happened during the ice ages, can lead to even more valid insights about what's wise and what's unwise to do in terms of our economic endeavors.

Last edited:
while i thanked you for this post, as it has a lot of truth in it, not all of the climate science is 'a religion' though..

statistical models (short-termed ones especially, dating back in the 10-year to 2-year range i suppose) still can tell us a lot about what's ahead in the near future, and what to prepare for, what adjustments would be wise to implement in our economies, stuff like that.

and when combined with longer range models (up to the start of the industrial age even), or when combined with models estimating what happened during the ice ages, can lead to even more valid insights about what's wise and what's unwise to do in terms of our economic endeavors.

They actually can't. Every climate model that has ever been tested showed that no matter what numbers you plugged in to the program you always get warming.

They have an inherent bias in their programming and thus, they are worthless.

either your knowledge is outdated, or we need to spend more money and time on engineering cheaper solutions for that!

Desalination plants are expensive. They are a hell of a good idea though. Especially in California.

either your knowledge is outdated, or we need to spend more money and time on engineering cheaper solutions for that!
Must be me then.

To put it simply, desalination removes salt and other minerals from water. Most desalination technology follows one of two methods thermal distillation and membrane filtration. Based on methods used for thousands of years, distillation involves boiling sea water to produce steam—purified water vapor. The steam is collected in a separate container and cooled so it will condense back into water.

The most common type of membrane separation is called reverse osmosis. It involves pushing the water through a series of microscopic sieves rolled up into larger cylindrical filters. The energy-intensive process separates pure water from both salt molecules and impurities.
All desalination methods produce a concentrated waste product composed of the salts found in seawater and chemicals used in the process. Disposal methods for the concentrate include dumping it back in the ocean, injecting it into deep underground wells, storing it in above-ground evaporation ponds, and zero-liquid discharge procedures that produce a solid waste product.
Seawater desalination is one of the most expensive sources of fresh water. The total costs of desalination, including the costs of planning, permitting, and concentrate management, are high, both in absolute terms and in comparison with the costs of other alternatives.

Why Desalination is Not the Answer to the World's Water Issues

The actual facts about desalting installs is if desalting can remove melt water from the oceans at a rate it melts it, ='s the amount melting and the Salt Brine can be transported out to the deep where mostly it can re- mix. The whole thing depends on Nations stop spending Trillions on War and weapons and fix the globes dry in many nations. Sooner than later the World has to recognize what is fact. Drying out is happening on a grand scale.

1644523064301.png

Last edited:

The actual facts about desalting installs is if desalting can remove melt water from the oceans at a rate it melts it, ='s the amount melting and the Salt Brine can be transported out to the deep where mostly it can re- mix. The whole thing depends on Nations stop spending Trillions on War and weapons and fix the globes dry in many nations. Sooner than later the World has to recognize what is fact. Drying out is happening on a grand scale.
Yeah, right.

People Living in Dry Counties world wide get it that Desalting plants work. 1.5 million cubic yards of water a day per plant Fills a lot of swimming pools ! The technology exists, the scale has to be upped to make it happen worldwide Dry Counties / Countries. Its the only way to solve the problem of a drying Earth, one that is gradually warming for many 1000's of years into the future.

People Living in Dry Counties world wide get it that Desalting plants work. 1.5 million cubic yards of water a day per plant Fills a lot of swimming pools ! The technology exists, the scale has to be upped to make it happen worldwide Dry Counties / Countries. Its the only way to solve the problem of a drying Earth, one that is gradually warming for many 1000's of years into the future.
Hello, Stuartbirdan2.

If you take your hat off and walk around out there in that sun, maybe on a tractor or whatever for a couple of hours, in Mid June when its 105 degrees, you will most likely get a heat stroke and be grateful for some Ice water from my desalting plant ! + you will never want to go thru it again ! Lol
+ the Donals group is so screwed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back