Average Net Worth Exceeds $1 Million For 50 year olds.

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic. From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

If you’re a 50-something and you’re not worth a cool $1 million, do not despair. Those numbers are averages, and the super-rich drive them waaaay up.

The “median” American household – picture the middle number in a long list of numbers – achieves a net worth of about $300,000 in the 50-to-59 age range, a far cry from $1 million.

The 1%:The wealthiest American earners now own more wealth than the entire middle class

• Average net worth: $1,132,532 (ages 50-54), $1,442,075 (ages 55-59)
  • Median net worth: $272,800 (ages 50-54), $320,700 (ages 55-59)

Did you know that is Bill Gates went to the Bills football game today, the moment he walked in the stadium the average net worth of everyone in the stadium would go up by millions?
Way up! I showed the real net worth of a household in its 50s is only $300k. And that probably includes their $150k house. And thats a couple.

I don’t have a million yet but I’m single with no debt. So i should have it before I turn 60. I’d already be there if not for the 8 years of bush.

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic. From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

If you’re a 50-something and you’re not worth a cool $1 million, do not despair. Those numbers are averages, and the super-rich drive them waaaay up.

The “median” American household – picture the middle number in a long list of numbers – achieves a net worth of about $300,000 in the 50-to-59 age range, a far cry from $1 million.

The 1%:The wealthiest American earners now own more wealth than the entire middle class
your typical millionaire is a couple in their 50s who never divorced.........divorce is hell on net worth......they worked the same job for 30 years, not job hopping everywhere.........either live in their 1st home or 2nd homes forever.....religiously took advantage of 401ks and such......................drove a used 3 yr old car and ran it in the ground.........never paid full price for anything...shop and clip coupons

Did you know that is Bill Gates went to the Bills football game today, the moment he walked in the stadium the average net worth of everyone in the stadium would go up by millions?
Don’t forget Taylor Swift will be there. She’s a billionaire too. And how much do the players make?

Interesting fact. Those highly paid players are unionized. And the owners still make good money. That’s how most companies should operate. Pay the workers a fair wage.

your typical millionaire is a couple in their 50s who never divorced.........divorce is hell on net worth......they worked the same job for 30 years, not job hopping everywhere.........either live in their 1st home or 2nd homes forever.....religiously took advantage of 401ks and such......................drove a used 3 yr old car and ran it in the ground.........never paid full price for anything...shop and clip coupons
And probably have one or no kids.

In terms of "money" that has never had less buying power.

OT8fJb.gif

Shows how much wealth is held by the ultra wealthy

My own wealth has increased significantly due to the rise in real estate prices
And?? The inflation that caused this is a good thing for America??

You are always saying you are for the poor but then brag about how them owning a home is becoming immpossible.

Pffft

• Average net worth: $1,132,532 (ages 50-54), $1,442,075 (ages 55-59)
  • Median net worth: $272,800 (ages 50-54), $320,700 (ages 55-59)

The difference between average and median is skewed by the billionaires at the top.

The joke used to be:
Q) What town has the highest average net worth?
A) Where ever Bill Gates lives.

And yet, the median income would only change by a few dollars.

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic.
Yes, being unemployed or your business forced closed for two years does wonders for the average pocketbook. :smoke:

A million bucks isn't all that much money now since Joe Biden.

A million dollars? Hunter snorts that much every day, so keep sending in those tax dollars!!

not necessarily if you only buy one set of clothes as they grow, don't give them everything and spoil them.etc....work their asses off and let them have fun

This is why the next generation isn’t getting married or having kids.

According to the study, Families are projected to spend $237,482 over 18 years to raise a child.

So you have to pay off your college, then save 20% for a down payment on a home, then pay for a wedding which is going to lead to a child that’s going to cost you $200k over 18 years?

Omg I should buy a $240k hunting property and get a 18 year mortgage. What would my monthly payment be? And in 18 years the property will be worth $400k. What’s my kid going to be worth? Lol

Yes, being unemployed or your business forced closed for two years does wonders for the average pocketbook. :smoke:

A million bucks isn't all that much money now since Joe Biden.
Remember that’s an average. So the rich got really rich. And even with your losing money, household incomes went up.

For example, your home is worth more.

Forum List

Back