Automation and robots taking over jobs. Like tollbooth collectors and cashiers.

I’m doing pretty good for myself brother. Could be better could be worse I suppose but all in all it’s OK …

But I’m concerned about fellow Americans losing their jobs which is an ugly site it’s against American values. That’s what the communists and fascists would want…. They love when robots take over jobs for Americans.

If we don’t stand up for the American past and bring back the good parts of the American past our country is totally screwed.
Some jobs just aren’t worth fighting for any longer.

The better fight lies in getting people to look to the future rather than lamenting the loss of the livelihoods their parents enjoyed. Those days are gone.

When a manufacturing business automates, after the initial outlay of capital to install it, profits increase. Liabilities decrease. That will make Wall Street and big business happy.
I have been investing in Home Depot and other stocks since 1987. Why cant other do the same? Instead of moaning and groaning about being replaced, invest in the technology that will make you a fortune.

I had just made $40,000 on a trade with Yahoo stock. Andrew Cuomo's housing crash of 2007 came and i took my family to Walmart in Virginia just to get away from Maryland. Across the street from Walmart was a eatery with people winding all through the store, out the door and wrapped all the way around it in line for the food. So i went and looked if that shop had stock and it did. Before Cuomo's crash the stock was valued at $155 a share, but went down to $50 a share after the collapse. So i took the $40,000 and put all of it into the stock. After a few years i checked the price and it was up to $600 a share. I called my broker and asked again how many shares i had. He replied 800 shares. I sold 600 shares, locking in $360,000 and sill had 200 shares left. When it gotto $800 a share, i sold the rest for $160,000 for a total of $520,000, which is now invested in many other companies paying dividends.

That stock is

Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc​

NYSE: CMG
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

$1,510.00
USD▲ +14.73 (+0.99%) today

When people rely on government handouts it’s a huge problem. It’s just like one of my immigrant friends from Palestine said he wants to be a maker not a taker. We got a country filled with takers because of these goddamn robots taking over jobs. Making a bunch of people lazy they eat fast food all the time
Manned toll plazas are a govt handout at this point. :rolleyes:

I have been investing in Home Depot and other stocks since 1987. Why cant other do the same? Instead of moaning and groaning about being replaced, invest in the technology that will make you a fortune.

I had just made $40,000 on a trade with Yahoo stock. Andrew Cuomo's housing crash of 2007 came and i took my family to Walmart in Virginia just to get away from Maryland. Across the street from Walmart was a eatery with people winding all through the store, out the door and wrapped all the way around it in line for the food. So i went and looked if that shop had stock and it did. Before Cuomo's crash the stock was valued at $155 a share, but went down to $50 a share after the collapse. So i took the $40,000 and put all of it into the stock. After a few years i checked the price and it was up to $600 a share. I called my broker and asked again how many shares i had. He replied 800 shares. I sold 600 shares, locking in $360,000 and sill had 200 shares left. When it gotto $800 a share, i sold the rest for $160,000 for a total of $520,000, which is now invested in many other companies paying dividends.

That stock is

Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc

NYSE: CMG
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

$1,510.00
USD▲ +14.73 (+0.99%) today

I am retired. I was able to do that because my 401k did well over the years.

But the majority of the people in this country would rather buy a car or new tv than save money.

Ever wonder why banks stopped calling themselves Saving & Loans?

Do you notice sometimes at McDonald’s that people are miserable. When it gets busy there everyone uses the kiosk to order the food and then they’re waiting in line miserable and angry. We don’t need McDonald’s anymore in this country they don’t really do anything good other than put out unhealthy food. Maybe they should change the menu

To your point about stock investing. I think it’s a good idea for companies to offer up maybe a one percent match on the folks at the company want to invest in their own company. Something to consider.

Guess what? They tried. No one bought the "healthy" menu items because they tasted like crap! Think back of all the McDonald's menu items that were discontinued. No one bought them, so why put them on the menu?

Do you notice sometimes at McDonald’s that people are miserable. When it gets busy there everyone uses the kiosk to order the food and then they’re waiting in line miserable and angry. We don’t need McDonald’s anymore in this country they don’t really do anything good other than put out unhealthy food. Maybe they should change the menu

To your point about stock investing. I think it’s a good idea for companies to offer up maybe a one percent match on the folks at the company want to invest in their own company. Something to consider.
Usually the company matches 3% for a 5% investment. So if you put 5 dollars into the stock they match it with 3 dollars. But in the 401k, they allow you to put up to 11% which is pre-tax so you get to write off on income taxes as the end of the year. I did this while working at Boeing for 5 years. Made oodles of money.

But the majority of the people in this country would rather buy a car or new tv than save money.

Rich people dont get rich by buying stuff that they want to compete with the Jones's.

859da60ef94f86412c8ab2a00f2ff7d8.jpg

It started well before that. Auto manufacturing started in the 1970s and before.

And that automation took the good jobs, not the minimum wage jobs. It was the beginning of the decline of the middle class.
Automation will take every job it can.

People need to recognize this and get the skills necessary to stay ahead of it.

Not everyone though can or will recognize this dynamic.

And eventually even those companies will be screwed because if this process keeps up not enough people will be able to afford the products that those companies use robots to put out.
Not in this country anyway.
It’s a global marketplace now.

You’re making the best case for people to leave these low paying jobs behind and skill up to sonething better.

If you want America to continue being the best, you need to recognize the need to have a highly educated and skilled workforce going foreword.

Usually the company matches 3% for a 5% investment. So if you put 5 dollars into the stock they match it with 3 dollars. But in the 401k, they allow you to put up to 11% which is pre-tax so you get to write off on income taxes as the end of the year. I did this while working at Boeing for 5 years. Made oodles of money.

That is exactly what I did. I started with a Quanta Service company in 2000. I put the maximum amount the company would match into my 401k. I retired in 2021 with enough money to live comfortably for the rest of my life.

But then, I drove my vehicles until they died. I didn't spend money on the latest gadgets.

Indeed.
Retirement saving is a lifetime endeavor.
This should be taught as a life skill in high school at the age kids start working.

Madison Avenue has everyone convinced they need a new widget. Or that they will be laughed at for driving a 9 year old car.
That’s what scares me with the younger generations is that they seem to follow the popular trends far too closely and have lost a degree of critical objectivity.

That is exactly what the corporations depend on.
That’s where the internet fucks us.
Too many viewpoints without consensus. Eventual chaos.

Now they want to parse what kids learn in school. That will only exacerbate the decline.

I prefer self check outs and toll roads are the bane of civilization. They are the ultimate Karen projects.

Forum List

Back