Australia's Energy Success

And since then, moss landing in california has had multiple fires.
So, of course, nothing to do with Australia and once again "The fire was isolated to a single battery pack". Of course, you don't even wanna know about what happened there in 2003:
2003-07-10 04:00:00 PDT Moss Landing (Monterey County) -- Santa Cruz and Monterey counties simmered under Los Angeles-style smog Wednesday in the wake of a spectacular fire in an oil storage tank at Duke Energy's Moss Landing power plant.
OMG:eek:, who knew fossil fuels tend to catch fire!

South Australia has done gone green. Bigly, apparently due in part to a bet made with Musk:

Why claim something that is so easy to fact check?

energy_consumption.png

Why claim something that is so easy to fact check?

View attachment 705116
Ah, 2020 was sooo two years ago. You understand the difference between past practice and current commitments to change. I knew you did ;)
The increase in primary energy between 2019 and 2021 was entirely driven by renewable energy sources.
Source? Same as the EIA's above, except from 2022: "BP Statistical Review of World Energy".

Ah, 2020 was sooo two years ago. You understand the difference between past practice and current commitments to change. I knew you did

Can you cite an article where it states Australia replaced 90% of it's electricity generation infrastructure in the past two years?

I'm pretty sure, even with the tiny population of Australia, this would have been news.

South Australia is closing fast on its target to be powered by 100% net renewables by the end of the decade with new data revealing a combination of wind and solar energy provided a daily average of almost 70% of the state’s electricity needs last financial year.

Not all that impressive when you consider that South Australia has fairly little in the way of powering needs and receives near constant sunshine that even during their winter gets almost 50% of their days as sunny.

First state why you're asking? Could it be for the sake of Saint Non-Sequitur? The little Toddster confused you perhaps?

Well ... your reply to my chart was ...

Ah, 2020 was sooo two years ago. You understand the difference between past practice and current commitments to change. I knew you did​

So, I take it, you're claiming that in the year between the production of the chart (published in 2021 based on 2020 values) the Australians have gone from 90% fossil fuel energy production to a majority of "renewable energy". If this is your claim, I would love to see a citation to that affect.

It would, understandably, be big news, even if it was in Australia.

Not all that impressive when you consider that South Australia has fairly little in the way of powering needs and receives near constant sunshine that even during their winter gets almost 50% of their days as sunny.

In fact, just a little background here, the state of South Australia, located on the Southern edge of the Australian continent, has a population of 1.7 Million people in an area 1.5 times the size of Texas. The total energy production for that state is 11.614 GIGAW/h per year.

By comparison, the state of Texas, with very similar climate, has a population of 29 Million and yearly energy consumption of 365 TERAWatt / h. Several orders of magnitude greater than South Australia.

It's safe to say that anything they're doing there bears very little impact on what we do here.

Ah, 2020 was sooo two years ago. You understand the difference between past practice and current commitments to change. I knew you did ;)

Source? Same as the EIA's above, except from 2022: "BP Statistical Review of World Energy".

1664843346843.png

Page 51.

Shit man, so sorry.

Last year coal was 137.4 terawatt-hours. Renewables were only 61.3 terawatt-hours.

Thanks for the very useful source.
Sorry it made you look stupid.

Well ... your reply to my chart was ...

So, I take it, you're claiming that in the year between the production of the chart (published in 2021 based on 2020 values) the Australians have gone from 90% fossil fuel energy production to a majority of "renewable energy". If this is your claim, I would love to see a citation to that affect.

It would, understandably, be big news, even if it was in Australia.
Still no idea why you would take it that way. To the contrary, South Australia switching "bigly" to green energy production was no doubt "big news" for South Australia and, by extension, one could easily presume for Australia as a whole.

By comparison, the state of Texas, with very similar climate, has a population of 29 Million and yearly energy consumption of 365 TERAWatt / h. Several orders of magnitude greater than South Australia.

It's safe to say that anything they're doing there bears very little impact on what we do here.
The topic was clearly just about Australia, but since you bring it up, statistically speaking, specifically why does it bear "very little impact on what" goes on in Texas with its "very similar climate" and all?

The topic was clearly just about Australia, but since you bring it up, statistically speaking, specifically why does it bear "very little impact on what" goes on in Texas with its "very similar climate" and all?

This is the "US Message Board" . Since most of the posters here are American, there is no harm in injection a little context into the discussion.

I don't see why you would object to people knowing just how insignificant Australia is and why no one really gives a fetid dingo's kidney what they do.

This is the "US Message Board" . Since most of the posters here are American, there is no harm in injection a little context into the discussion.

I don't see why you would object to people knowing just how insignificant Australia is and why no one really gives a fetid dingo's kidney what they do.
Again, to the contrary. No objection to injecting "a little context" or comparison to part of America. Still waiting for you to address my latest questions is all..

So, of course, nothing to do with Australia and once again "The fire was isolated to a single battery pack". Of course, you don't even wanna know about what happened there in 2003:

OMG:eek:, who knew fossil fuels tend to catch fire!
There has been four battery fires at moss landing and multiple battery fires in australia.

Omg, who new lithium batteries were even more toxic and flammable then oil and gas.

Of course the plastic the batteries are made from is from fossil fuels so it stands to reason as toxic but with all the other elements more toxic.

And there millions of oil storage tanks, one caught fire? There are only three or four giant lithium batteries and all have caught on fire.

South Australia has done gone green. Bigly, apparently due in part to a bet made with Musk:
No idea what the bet was yet..?
What's the price of electricity there?

Forum List

Back