Australia is looking for help, they can't help themselves

That video was very emotive and contained a lot of out of context images ... according to my friends in Australia.

However, they did confirm several things...

Many states in Australia imposed border restrictions with police and military guarding border crossings. People were arrested and fined for crossing state borders.

Most private and public sector jobs, roughly 75% of the workplace, workers were given the option to be vaccinated or be fired. Only businesses with fewer than 50 employees were exempt. Labor unions backed these government mandates across the board.

In most states, in-store retail and all dining except take away or home delivery was shut down for several months.

Some states implemented a 9:00PM curfew for everyone except critical workers -- with government approved work permits required to be carried at all time and checked by police for several months.

For months, states in lockdown did not allow children to attend school or anyone except critical workers to leave their homes for any reason except, food shopping, medical treatment, or 1 hour a day maximum exercise.

People were arrested and fined for not wearing masks indoor or outdoors and, in some cases, for not wearing an approved style mask or wearing that mask improperly.

People have been arrested and fined for attending non-violent protests.

People have been arrested and fined for trying to organize non-violent protests.

Despite these restrictions and mandatory vaccinations, case of COVID continue to rise in Australia.

News organizations in Australia openly mock and deride anyone who attempts to debate the legality or necessity of these measures. No debate is aired on either public or private media sources.

Now ... I'm sure there are some who will claim that all these measure were right and necessary given the threat of flu. Some will say they didn't nearly go far enough.

It's not Nazi Germany, but it's certainly not the type of behavior expected in a Western democracy.

I have some friends over there. Reports of officials locking people out of their bank accounts and stealing their homes. They are fighting back but their tyrants are worse at the moment than ours.

My neighbor to our left moved to Australia because her husband is a high muckety muck in his fathers company.
This was before the covide crap started. I wonder how they're doing sometimes. They are wealthy so I'd imagine they're doing better than most but it cant be as good as they thought it was going to be.
I myself thought about spending some time in Aussie land ....not anymore.

Aussie's never tossed the yoke of being a penal colony! They just invited a Gov't of their own making to be their new wardens!!
Poor sumsabitches!!!
Have you heard some of their politicians in videos? They are more open about being disgustingly fascist than some of ours.

Actually, some facts about Australia make me wonder if gun ownership in America is any impediment to home-grown totalitarianism.

In 1996, in reaction to the Port Arthur mass shooting, Australia confiscated approximately 650,000 guns from owners. As most states in Australia didn't require gun registration prior to 1996, it is impossible to know exactly what percentage of existing guns that constituted. However, it is widely believed that Australians only turned in about 25% of existing guns.

Today, legal gun registration in all states of Australia equals about 3 million registered firearms.

In addition, there is a flourishing market for unregistered firearms, and there are believed to be another million illegal firearms.

So, take 3 million legal firearms, another million illegal firearms, and approximately 2.5 million firearms still in private hands from before confiscation, that adds up to nearly 7 million firearms ... in a country with only 25 million inhabitants.

That means one firearm for every 3.5 Australians, a very high average indeed.

And yet .. not a single person has used a firearm to stand up against the draconian restrictions on personal and public liberty by the Australian government.

It leads me to at least accept the possibility that were American liberties equally discarded, even gun owning Americans would not fight back to secure their rights.

Forum List

Back