August jobs report is in, and it's disappointing

As the nation closes on full employment, the number of jobs created has to be smaller.

If you go from 10% unemployment to 5% unemployment, you have to create a certain number of jobs.

To go from 5% unemployment to 2.5% unemployment, do you have to create the same number of jobs as you did to go from 10% to 5%? No! It is only half as many, assuming a static state.

To go from 2.5% unemployment to 1.25% unemployment, the number of jobs needed to be created is smaller than before.

It is a concept well explained by calculus in that the changes as you approach a limit will be smaller and smaller, each and every time.

If you start off at the goal line and go half way to the goal line on the other end of a football filed, will you ever reach it?

The answer is "no:.

Yep, you're right.

The other consideration is that as frictional unemployed workers find jobs, the pool of available labor that is QUALIFIED for job openings becomes smaller, which explains why we have a persistently high number of job openings as shown on JOLTS (7.3 million at last count).

Employers have jobs available, they are just having a hard time finding qualified people to fill them.
and people who are not educating themselves for such high paying jobs, want more for jobs that are soon to be replaced by machines/automation.

flipping a burger is not a $15 an hour job. an EMT paramedic is around that or even a little less per an hour. which takes more skill and education?

Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) / Paramedic Hourly Pay | PayScale

Exactly, The United States labor force composition isn't matching up with the skills that employers need, which unfortunately will ultimately lead to higher structural unemployment and lower labor force participation (and of course all the costs of supporting people that are essentially unemployable).

IMHO we need to get our shit together when it comes to education and job training or things are going to get really ugly, really quickly.
our educational system needs an overhaul from top to bottom. we're lagging behind coddling people vs. challenging them. we're also setting false expectations that you can feed a family by flipping burgers or spinning pizza dough.
We can always improve the educational system. But the problem with Republicans isn’t the system, it’s Republicans.

Survey: 59% of Republicans Now Think College Is Bad for America

Funny how these filthy fucks seem to care about job growth, wages, the state of our economy etc etc....Yet not one of the disingenuous wetback loving bastards will dare point to the root of the problem....WETBACKS and their barely legal litters.
Golfing Gator Mac1958 pyetro
Yeah, that's the root of the problem, I think you've really nailed it there.

You’re a numbers guy...show us how/where the 100 million beaners and wetbacks here are assets to this nation. Simple request...no?

Over 29 months Obama added almost 1 million more jobs than Trump

Trump entered office on January 20, 2017, and starting with February 2017 he has been President for 29 months. Total job growth during that time has been 5.613 million or 194,000 per month with those results being helped by the tax cut.

Working back from January 2017, Obama’s last month in office, there had been 6.423 million jobs added or 221,000 per month. The difference for the 29 months is 810,000 more jobs or 27,000 more per month than Trump.

Trump Is Falling Almost 1 Million Jobs Short Vs. Obama

4%? 5%? Maybe even 6%?
I don’t think we’re going to be reaching 6% anytime soon.

Obama wouldn't know how to create a job if you drew him a road map, R-Derp! Those jobs were created DESPITE his idiotic economic policies! Tell me what Barry EVER did to create jobs! His stimulus was a disaster. So bad in fact that they had to use "Jobs created or saved" to hide how few jobs they did create! The energy boom which took place as a result of fracking technologies was a major driver of the economy and fracking was something that Obama opposed!

You keep trotting out this same narrative...how great Barack Obama was with jobs and the economy and to be quite blunt...it's farce!

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Fracking technologies? Really. Nope. Advancements in steering allowed the development of shale formations.

Obama never opposed oil & gas production. You are lying.

He opposed it on federal land & halted drilling in certain areas of the gulf due to the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Oil & gas production increased under his administration.

Did you really just claim that Obama never opposed oil and gas production? Really? Oil & gas production increased on lands that he had no control over! On areas that he did...oil and gas production decreased! I know Barry claimed increased oil and gas production as one of his "accomplishments" but that's about as laughable a statement as one could ever make!

To those of you on the left who are so delighted that we're going through a slow down in the economy? You do realize that was to be expected with what Trump is doing with China? Right? That it's something that should have been done years ago? That it's hurting China far more than it's hurting us? That when the Chinese finally do come to the bargaining table (which they will) that our economy is going to take off again?
Hardcore partisan ideologues -- "side" irrelevant, of course -- now regularly hope for the worst when the other "side" is in control. We're now party-over-country, and it's pretty much killing us. So yes, you're largely correct.

Regarding China, that's probably a bigger piece here than the Fed dropping rates. If we get a good (emphasis on "good") deal soon, it could turn around the current psychology damn near on a dime. There's still enough positive in the economy that it wouldn't take a miracle.

To those of you on the left who are so delighted that we're going through a slow down in the economy? You do realize that was to be expected with what Trump is doing with China? Right? That it's something that should have been done years ago? That it's hurting China far more than it's hurting us? That when the Chinese finally do come to the bargaining table (which they will) that our economy is going to take off again?
That’s the problem with your kind. All you know is the bullshit that your cult leader tells you. Remember he told you to believe what he tells you and not what you see or hear.
What a world LEADER would do would be to work with allies and force China to be fair in their trading practices. But we don’t have any allies now. Trump got rid of them all. Our only ally is Russia and North Korea, two of the poorest developed nations in the world.

So did Barry work with allies to force China to be fair in their trading practices, R-Derp? According to you liberals...the whole world LOVED Barack Obama...so why didn't he form this alliance and make China behave? Duh?

The number of unfilled jobs remains near an all time record high. In other words shut the hell up Trump haters.
Do you think unfilled jobs is a good thing? What do you think employers think of that?

Yes we know you pukes on the left are rooting for the economy to crash you can hardly hide your glee. People will lose their jobs and homes but hey so long as you improve your chances of winning elections in 2020 its okay if the people suffer am I right. You worthless scum are pathetic. :eusa_hand:

Hardcore partisan ideologues -- "side" irrelevant, of course -- now regularly hope for the worst when the other "side" is in control. We're now party-over-country, and it's pretty much killing us. So yes, you're largely correct.

Regarding China, that's probably a bigger piece here than the Fed dropping rates. If we get a good (emphasis on "good") deal soon, it could turn around the current psychology damn near on a dime. There's still enough positive in the economy that it wouldn't take a miracle.

The only thing that's keeping China from coming to the bargaining table and cutting a deal (which they need desperately!) is their belief that they can influence our elections and get someone into the Oval Office who will let them continue to do what they have been doing for decades!

Gee, the left HATED interference in our elections from Russia! Funny how they don't seem to give a shit when China is blatantly trying to interfere in our upcoming election!

You’re a numbers guy...show us how/where the 100 million beaners and wetbacks here are assets to this nation. Simple request...no?
You'll have to first confirm that number for me, and divide them into legal and illegal.

Then I guess I can try, if it will make you feel better.

Simple request.... no?

Let’s go with your numbers...show us that America has become a better nation thanks to the human cockroaches.

The only thing that's keeping China from coming to the bargaining table and cutting a deal (which they need desperately!) is their belief that they can influence our elections and get someone into the Oval Office who will let them continue to do what they have been doing for decades!

Gee, the left HATED interference in our elections from Russia! Funny how they don't seem to give a shit when China is blatantly trying to interfere in our upcoming election!
Well, I'm just concerned about the economy.

So is the left...only they're concerned that it's not going into recession!

You're such a disingenuous prick.

What were the circumstances under them both?

One president had a crash that made job creation easy because so many jobs had initially been lost and millions needed work.

The other guy had near full employment with more jobs than applicants.

Now go fuck your Obama blow up doll, loser
did this moron just say that inheriting a recession makes the job of the next president easier?

I repeat. This conservative guy just said that Obama handed Trump.a good economy . That negates conservative claims that Obama did a bad job on the economy.

No he didn't say that at all.

He said job creation was easy after a recession because employers refilled jobs.

He never said Ears handed Trump a great economy...only a dope would say that. Ear's handed Trump a tepid slow growth economy
So the stimulus worked?

No...what part of slow growing and tepid are you not grasping? The economy had nowhere to go but up. Ears stifled faster growth with regulations. Trump took that out of the equation and BOOM!

By the way your reading comprehension is awful
And BOOM! Tax cuts for billionaires.
So I'm a billionaire now? COOL!

You'll have to first confirm that number for me, and divide them into legal and illegal.

Simple request.... no?

Let’s go with your numbers...show us that America has become a better nation thanks to the human cockroaches.
I must admit, I have no way to quantify that. Being a numbers guy, I deal with facts and logic, and not hate and emotion.

Could you provide some kind of resource that I might access to "prove" a purely subjective point?

Thanks in advance.

So is the left...only they're concerned that it's not going into recession!
Well, as I said, that's the current condition of our politics. Sad but true.

Simple request.... no?

I must admit, I have no way to quantify that. Being a numbers guy, I deal with facts and logic, and not hate and emotion.

Could you provide some kind of resource that I might access to "prove" a purely subjective point?

Thanks in advance.

There’s tons of data out there Mac, tons of “facts and logic”, don’t play stupid.
Show us that we are better, safer, unified and more productive due to the brown invasion.
A smart guy like you could do just a little due diligence and enlighten us all...unless of course, this is a scary reality you prefer not to acknowledge?

Simple request.... no?

Thanks in advance.

There’s tons of data out there Mac, tons of “facts and logic”, don’t play stupid.
Show us that we are better, safer, unified and more productive due to the brown invasion.
A smart guy like you could do just a little due diligence and enlighten us all...unless of course, this is a scary reality you prefer not to acknowledge?
Well, clearly I'm not the one who is afraid.

Since I don't really know how to quantify what you're after, I guess I can't help you.

By the way, what's coming is coming.

Simple request.... no?

Thanks in advance.

Well, clearly I'm not the one who is afraid.

Since I don't really know how to quantify what you're after, I guess I can't help you.

By the way, what's coming is coming.

Haha..thought so.
Are you looking forward to “what’s coming”?
Tell us what we can look forward to...use a predominantly brown community, city or state as an example. Haha..dont get scared now...stay engaged and enlighten us.

Funny how these filthy fucks seem to care about job growth, wages, the state of our economy etc etc....Yet not one of the disingenuous wetback loving bastards will dare point to the root of the problem....WETBACKS and their barely legal litters.
Golfing Gator Mac1958 pyetro

you lost your job to an illegal, didnt you? That is why you are so pissed off all the time.

Forum List

Back