Attention Congress/Mr. President, Your Countrymen Need Your Help Immediately

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
A friend of mine just got a very distressing phone call. His daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild are trapped in Peru. Peru has closed their borders. No one in or OUT.

Why the hell they won't let anyone out is beyond me.

United Airlines was charging $25,000 for the three of them to fly out. And that was just to Mexico. Thats as far as United would take them, they would be on their own from there.

They had tickets for today. But then Peru shut the borders on Monday. So they are trapped.

$25,000. Someone at United Airlines needs to go to prison.

On top of all that, they are being charged thousands of dollars a day in hotels and food, more price gouging. They are having a very difficult time finding formula for their baby and are Ubering all over the damned countryside trying to find some.

There are a lot of Americans trapped down there. My friend's family went to the US Embassy and let them know where they are staying. The embassy would not take them in!

Mr. President/Congress: You need to send a C-130 IMMEDIATELY to Peru and rescue our citizens.

I have shown my friend how to write to his Congressman and our two Senators. He is doing that right now.

If anyone has contacts in government, please make them aware of this emergency. The more directions this comes from, the better.

Thank you.

Are these people retarded? We're in a pandemic. They are involved. Live with your decisions.
They were trying to get out. The soonest they could get out was today, for $25000. Can you afford that much?

Then the Peruvian government shut the border.

I can't imagine Peru is the only country with stranded Americans. I hope our government is all over this.

They better be.

Are these people retarded? We're in a pandemic. They are involved. Live with your decisions.
They were trying to get out. The soonest they could get out was today, for $25000. Can you afford that much?

All I can say is live with your decisions, amigo. Maybe some people have to get a little smarter.

There are a lot of Americans trapped down there

511cc4c8a42e839d99e597c91a716a1f.jpg

giphy.gif

~S~

The stranded travelers have sought help with the US State Department and the US Embassy in Lima. Those who spoke with CNN say they have received minimal to no response.

"I received one response to a tweet; otherwise it's been email auto replies and forever-ringing phones," said Curry, who lives in Florida. "Even the emergency number just rang and rang."

Malhi said he has been able to email American Citizens Services, "but all they can offer is an interpretation of the emergency degree."

They have received minimal to no response.

Exactly the experience my friend's kids are having.

Jesus H. Christ.

When you leave the US and go to another country you are subject to their LAWS, PERIOD.
I remember when a college kid spit gum on the sidewalk in Singapore and got a bamboo cane whipping, exactly what the law prescribed.
The parents were outraged, tough shit.

A friend of mine just got a very distressing phone call. His daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild are trapped in Peru. Peru has closed their borders. No one in or OUT.

Why the hell they won't let anyone out is beyond me.

United Airlines was charging $25,000 for the three of them to fly out. And that was just to Mexico. Thats as far as United would take them, they would be on their own from there.

They had tickets for today. But then Peru shut the borders on Monday. So they are trapped.

$25,000. Someone at United Airlines needs to go to prison.

On top of all that, they are being charged thousands of dollars a day in hotels and food, more price gouging. They are having a very difficult time finding formula for their baby and are Ubering all over the damned countryside trying to find some.

There are a lot of Americans trapped down there. My friend's family went to the US Embassy and let them know where they are staying. The embassy would not take them in!

Mr. President/Congress: You need to send a C-130 IMMEDIATELY to Peru and rescue our citizens.

For that amount of money they can buy a hacienda and kick it down there until this thing blows over.

When you leave the US and go to another country you are subject to their LAWS, PERIOD.
I remember when a college kid spit gum on the sidewalk in Singapore and got a bamboo cane whipping, exactly what the law prescribed.
The parents were outraged, tough shit.

Yet these are just kids caught in the wrong place at the wrong time

~S~

All I can say is live with your decisions, amigo. Maybe some people have to get a little smarter.

Yeah that. Why the hell would any American want to go to Peru, except to observes the indigenous people in the simple native environment and pet the llamas, while getting mugged? Fuck that.

"Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Peru. As of 1:00 PM Peru local time on March 16, the Peruvian Ministry of Health had confirmed 89 cases of COVID-19 in the country."

"Exercise increased caution in Peru due to crime and terrorism. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Do not travel to:

• The Colombian - Peruvian border area in the Loreto Region due to crime.
  • The Valley of the Apurímac, Ene, and Mantaro Rivers (VRAEM), including areas within the Departments of Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancavelica, and Junin, due to crime and terrorism.
Crime, including petty theft, carjackings, muggings, assaults, and violent crime, is a concern in Peru, and can occur during daylight hours, despite the presence of many witnesses. The risk of crime increases after hours and outside the capital city of Lima where more organized criminal groups have been known to use roadblocks to rob victims.

U.S. government personnel cannot travel freely throughout Peru for security reasons."

Peru Travel Advisory

If anyone has contacts in government, please make them aware of this emergency. The more directions this comes from, the better.

Thank you.

You're an asshole, why would anyone help you?

Forum List

Back