...Atrim County, Michigan.....

Any conservatives out there want to take a swing at the actual topic here, which is the Trump supporter’s attempts to claim that the Antrim county results are evidence of fraud have been disproven?
Right now we are waiting for the AZ auditors to make their announcement about fraud there. GA and other states will surely follow with audits of their own.

"You think Dems want to admit fraud is the reason Biden.....?"

Ummm, poster partiv.....today's topic is Antrim County. And the multiple responsible authorities who have investigated it, audited it, hell, checked its teeth I suppose.

And the result was as reported in several posts earlier in this thread. And in multiple credible media reportages.
I'm mildly sure you know that.

But, with the risk of over-driving the nail.....lemme once again point out: The Michigan Senate's Oversight Committee was designated by the Republican controlled Michigan legislature. The Chair of the Committee was selected by Republican Senators, and he is a lifelong Republican (from the UP, no less), all of the members of the Committee (save one) were Republicans.
And that Oversight Committee after weeks of investigation determined there was no fraud....not only in Antrim, but in Michigan itself.

So here now, you come along and want to bring up 'Dems' and fraud and Biden as if that is relevant to Antrim County.

What don't you get that perhaps I can try to make clearer for you?

Biden lost Antrim.....something like 39% to Trump's 61%, if memory serves, And that happened despite the Rightfield voices that shrilly said that Antrim was totally corrupt, and a bell-cow for the 'Big Steal'.

What don't you understand about the Republican Oversight Committee's investigation?
What don't you understand about Trump's lopsided victory in Antrim?

If you would ask a sincere relevant question related to the Antrim findings, well, I'm sure some responsible posters here will address your puzzlement.
Sincerely.

DEMOCRATS stole the election, that makes it not fraud.
You guys call everything fraud.

Antrim was fraud, except it wasn’t.

I remember right after the election there was a lady in Michigan (going by memory) who posted a video on Facebook of people wheeling in suitcases claiming it was filled with fraudulent ballots. It wasn’t. It was a camera crew from local news wheeling in their equipment. Did this lady see any ballots? No. She saw suitcases and because she was already primed to believe in fraud, decided that the suitcases must be filled with ballots.

The point of the story is that many Trump supporters are so committed to believing that Trump won, that they will make enormous leaps of logic to make this true.

Yes, we always call everything fraud. Like Gore. No wait, that was you. Ah, like Russia. No wait, you again. Like Ukraine. Oh wait, that was you. Like the Electoral College, wait, that was you. Hillary? Damn, you again.

What a dumb ass. You morons always come up with these stupid talking points and never reality test them. You impeached Trump for supposed fraud TWICE, you fucking boob

Trump was not impeached on either occasion because of fraud. He was impeached on the first occasion because of bribery and extortion. He was impeached in the second place for instigating a riot and an attempted overthrow of Congress.

You have just proven is that you will say anything to try to discredit Democrats, except the truth:

The election was not stolen;

Trump lost;

You’re an idiot to think otherwise.

Any conservatives out there want to take a swing at the actual topic here, which is the Trump supporter’s attempts to claim that the Antrim county results are evidence of fraud have been disproven?
Right now we are waiting for the AZ auditors to make their announcement about fraud there. GA and other states will surely follow with audits of their own.

Regardless of what the fraudsters in Arizona say, the report is meaningless and will have no impact on the rest of the nation whatsoever except that no other state will allow such an audit to destroy their ballots and their voting machines.

The audit in Arizona would never be taken seriously because it was conducted by a qualified amateurs who had no idea of what they were doing and we’re irresponsible in their responsibility to preserve the ballots.

Other states will be going to court to prevent such idiocy in their states.

Leftism is a fraud and it’s been proven time and time again over centuries.

Lets re-visit beautiful…but lightly populated….Antrim County, Michigan. County seat is Bellaire, with it’s population of about 1,100.

If you recall it was much in the news in some circles recently. Dominion voting machines, cheating, stolen election, vote fraud, etc. etc.

In fact, we had a cohort of critics of Antrim’s ability to hold a fair election on this very venue. Some may wish to raise their hand. Judging by their posting history, those skeptics were vehement Don Trump supporters.

And then, the Secretary of State’s office did an audit of Antrim and found no fraud. And then the Michigan GOP led Senate’s Oversight Committee investigated Antrim county…..and found no fraud. In the end, as it was the evening of November 3rd, Don Trump won Antrim County. Handily. Which no one was surprised by. It’s rural Michigan, it is GOP country. Has been for a long long time.

Regrettably, partisan critics made the good poll workers and the county and township clerks appear to be crooks betraying America.

So here is a column from an opinion writer with the Washington Post (see link below). He informs us on some of the details of that Antrim brouhaha. I include it here as a separate thread as it seems to me to be one more example as to why so much of America is so skeptical of the conviction is some quarters that the 2020 election ‘was stolen’.
Plus the columnists fleshes out some of the count's 'irregularities' that sent the partisans on their harmful crusade. THAT is quite informative.

The ‘Stop-the-Steal’ voices have proven themselves so wrong, so unprepared, so uninformed and ill-informed, that their credibility is obliterated. Rudy G,. Krakenpot Powell, Trumps Jr and Sr.; Melissa Carone , Lin Wood, et al, haven’t inspired a whole lot of confidence.
And then comes Antrim County.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the column: (btw, what follows is just a small excerpt of a longer article. Think of it as a taster.)

--------------------------------------------------------

“If you remember that the lower part of Michigan is shaped a bit like a left-handed mitten, look for Antrim County between the tips of the middle and ring fingers. It’s a beautiful place. The Lake Michigan beaches are delightful in summer. The fishing is fantastic year-round. Unlikely as it seems, this is an epicenter of Stolen Election mania.

On Nov. 3, 2020, Election Day, vote-tabulating machines in Antrim spat out the following results shortly after the polls closed, the committee found. In a county with 22,082 registered voters, 16,044 ballots were cast. A pretty good turnout. Not every ballot included a vote for president. Of those that did, the lion’s share went to then-president Donald Trump: 9,748. Challenger Joe Biden received 5,960 votes.

No surprise. Rural counties in western Michigan reliably vote Republican.

What happened next was very surprising, though. When the results were fed into the county clerk’s spreadsheet, flaws in the spreadsheet design produced a mistaken report that Biden had won Antrim County. But no one was fooled for a minute. Folks in Antrim immediately started looking for the cause of the suspected error. On Nov. 5, they figured out that a number of Trump votes had been improperly entered in the spreadsheet, and a new report was made with Trump’s total corrected.

Alas, now there were more “votes” than actual ballots, so obviously the spreadsheet was still messed up. Antrim officials decided to recount the actual ballots. Back through the counting machines they went, exactly 16,044 of them. On Nov. 6, the tabulators spat out results identical to the original election night numbers: 9,748 for Trump, 5,960 for Biden. This total was eventually certified.

Just to be sure — given the brief confusion — a decision was made to recount the ballots again, this time by hand.

These results were finalized on Dec. 17. The painstaking manual inspection of the ballots found that the machines misread one ballot as a vote for Biden when it was not. Eleven ballots were determined to show Trump votes that the machines could not read. A total adjustment of 12 ballots out of nearly 16,000 presidential votes.

In other words, the original Election Day tabulation in Antrim County was 99.9 percent accurate.

Since then, the Internet and social media have been jammed with wild theories about international conspiracies to hack the vote in Antrim County. In the Joe Friday, just-the-facts tone preferred by McBroom, the report finds:

“Events in Antrim County sparked a significant amount of concern….which led to much speculation, assumptions, misinformation, and in some cases, outright lies meant to create doubt and confusion.” The committee recommends that the Michigan attorney general consider investigating the various lowlifes who have deployed lies “to raise money or publicity for their own ends.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I 'bolded' that last sentence as I find it the most heartening of the whole column.)

Beautiful little Antrim, with it’s county seat of a thousand souls, got be-smirched by careless, callous partisans who refused to do their homework. Including some on this venue.

Pity little Antrim County.

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=Antrim County&satid=id.sid:42fe6120-c0ae-4c88-c687-edf161c9ac0e

So what you're saying is that the vote in Atrim County was intentionally misreported but they got caught so that's proof of no fraud?

Votes all over the nation held up under recount but the fraud was in submitting mail-in ballots that had never even been folded. Yes, if you recount an illegal ballot a hundred times, you'll get a hundred identical results - but they ignore the fact that the vote was cast illegally in the first place. Yes, this is different from the fraud in Atrim County but it's the same in that the left is focused on the recount and not the fraud. In Atrim County, the recount undid the fraud; that's not proof of no fraud; that's proof that they got caught.

"In Atrim County, the recount undid the fraud; that's not proof of no fraud; that's proof that they got caught."

Ummm, the good poster does know that Don Trump won Antrim County....bigly?
Won it ---bigly ---before the re-count.
Won it --- bigly -- after the re-count.
By nearly identical numbers both times.

What was there to catch?

Is the poster suggesting that Don Trump won Antrim fraudulently?

Ummm, the good poster does know that Don Trump won Antrim County....bigly?
Won it ---bigly ---before the re-count.
Won it --- bigly -- after the re-count.
By nearly identical numbers both times.

What was there to catch?

Is the poster suggesting that Don Trump won Antrim fraudulently?
Ummm, the idiot original-poster does know that the article he quoted tells the story of the fraud, right? The obvious fraud that was so blatant it led to the recount?

"When the results were fed into the county clerk’s spreadsheet, flaws in the spreadsheet design produced a mistaken report that Biden had won Antrim County. "

When the fraudsters realized just how stupid it was to cheat in Antrim County, and the people of Antrim County spoke out, there was a recount and, of course, the recount told the truth and proved the fraud.

There are, among probably many other forms, at least three forms of voter fraud. This was an example of #3.

1. Fake or fraudulent votes submitted:

2. Vote counting fraud:

3. Vote reporting fraud:

"When the fraudsters realized just how stupid it was to cheat in Antrim County,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ominous sounding narrative, but.......

But the blatantly obvious "fraud" that the good poster Woodie has identified leads us to believe that Woody knows who these blatantly obvious fraudsters were.

So, poster, Woodworker, who are they?
Name names. Which townships?
Do you know the names of the township clerk(s) where the blatant fraud occurred?
The name of the county clerk?
The various poll workers in the precincts?

Which one (or more) of them was the dastardly cheater?
Did you look closely at Warner Township?
After all, their 228 total votes has got to seem suspicious to vigilant vote counters such as yourself. (of course they have only 307 registered voters.

Regardless, it started somewhere by someone poster Woodie, so who and where?

And if you are so deadsolidperfectly convinced one or more of the township clerks cheated......well, what are you gonna do about it?
Other than whine about it anonymously using a fake name on an internet gossip board.

No disrespect intended, but my avatar thinks your avatar really doesn't know very much at all about the vote in Antrim County Michigan....population 24,000 with its total of about 16,000 votes cast in the 2020 election.

Saddle up, Woodie.
Show us if your little pony can trot.
Show or go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ominous sounding narrative, but.......

But the blatantly obvious "fraud" that the good poster Woodie has identified leads us to believe that Woody knows who these blatantly obvious fraudsters were.

So, poster, Woodworker, who are they?
Name names. Which townships?
Do you know the names of the township clerk(s) where the blatant fraud occurred?
The name of the county clerk?
The various poll workers in the precincts?

Which one (or more) of them was the dastardly cheater?
Did you look closely at Warner Township?
After all, their 228 total votes has got to seem suspicious to vigilant vote counters such as yourself. (of course they have only 307 registered voters.

Regardless, it started somewhere by someone poster Woodie, so who and where?

And if you are so deadsolidperfectly convinced one or more of the township clerks cheated......well, what are you gonna do about it?
Other than whine about it anonymously using a fake name on an internet gossip board.

No disrespect intended, but my avatar thinks your avatar really doesn't know very much at all about the vote in Antrim County Michigan....population 24,000 with its total of about 16,000 votes cast in the 2020 election.

Saddle up, Woodie.
Show us if your little pony can trot.
Show or go.
Well, that's about a stupid response. Do you know the people who certified the election there? You raised it. It's your thread. How much do you know about the election in Antrim County, Michigan? All I know is that they were caught reporting the wrong number, with a claim that Biden won. I know that from your own opening post in the thread. If you're challenging my intimate knowledge of Antrim County election history then you must certainly challenge your own knowledge when you created the thread. Idiot.

"All I know is that they were caught reporting the wrong number, with a claim that Biden won."

Well, poster Woody, what I think I know comes from reporting about the state's audit, and the reporting of the audit by the Michigan Republican Senate.

Your description that "they were caught reporting the wrong number"......seems a bit overwrought. A bit screechy.

Without digging through the old reportage from the Detroit Free Press, Detroit News, WaPo or New York Times....what I recall.....is that it was a spreadsheet error. (as you know with your own work with Excel, or similar, a small error in a column or row formula can have big impacts) .....anyway, a clerk made a spreadsheet error. It showed Biden with a large number of votes. A level up supervisor thought that was incongruous with the township's or the county's long history of being a GOP stronghold. So they did some tire-kicking to determine if that reported number could pass the smell test.

They found the formula error. They corrected it. Trump won Antrim County. Bigly. As expected.

But Rudy G., Don Trump, Krakenpot Powell, Melissa Carone, and other mendacious folks took that clerical error and tried to manufacture an insidious far reaching conspiracy to rig the Antrim County election. All, 16,000 voters.

So, it is sorta basic, Woody. About 16,000 registered voters cast their individual ballot. Those individual ballots were then hand counted......hand counted.....twice.

Which means, they took a box of legal completed ballots apportioned them to a handful of folks in a room with little rubber tips on their fingers......and paged through each one and tallied them (ps....I made up the rubber tips....but it is plausible. I've used 'em myself.) They did it twice.

And in the end, they found that Don Trump gained 11 votes, Joe Biden lost 1.........so Trump had a net increase of 12 votes over Joe Biden. The result was Trump = 9,748.. Joe Biden = 5,960.

There was very little reason....in a very very Republican and very rural 'Up North' county in Michigan ...... to resort to Italian satellites, Hugo Chavez's algorithms, or even Marjorie Taylor Greene's Jewish Space Lasers.

You mileage may vary, poster Woody.

Well, poster Woody, what I think I know comes from reporting about the state's audit, and the reporting of the audit by the Michigan Republican Senate.

Your description that "they were caught reporting the wrong number"......seems a bit overwrought. A bit screechy.

Well, it was YOUR linked story in your own OP that said they reported the wrong numbers to claim Biden winning the county in spite of the actual vote count that clearly showed Trump winning. Even with that, they insisted on a recount with the hope of changing the count to support Biden winning and Trump still won.

If you want to pull your original post, or at least take the linked story out of it, go for it.

"If you want to pull your original post, or at least take the linked story out of it, go for it."
OK.
So I did.

I found this: "What happened next was very surprising, though. When the results were fed into the county clerk’s spreadsheet, flaws in the spreadsheet design produced a mistaken report that Biden had won Antrim County. But no one was fooled for a minute. Folks in Antrim immediately started looking for the cause of the suspected error. On Nov. 5, they figured out that a number of Trump votes had been improperly entered in the spreadsheet, and a new report was made with Trump’s total corrected."

Which, it seems........is pretty much what my poor avatar stated in post #74 (FYI, it's the post just above #75).

To wit: An unintentional clerical error resulted in numbers that the experienced county crew knew couldn't be right. They dug into why they were the way they were.
And they promptly found the 'why'.

Which was.....hold for it......an unintentional clerical error in the Excel (or similar) spreadsheet design. As you surely know, poster Woody, in your own work with Excel-type computer spreadsheets a tiny addition, or a tiny omission in setting the formulas on such spreadsheets can result in some not-right totals at the end of the formula. At the end of the column, or the row.

I know you know that.

Hence, we got an unintentional clerical error which.....much to our surprise and now delight.....turned into a "Full Employment Act" for Rudy Shirt-tucker Giuliani, Krakenpot Powell, Lin Wood, and Melissa Carone, et al.

I hope you can rest easy now.

By the way I have been to Lake Bellaire, the jewel of Antrim. It's nice. Tho it is mainly for rich folk. From Detroit. Chicago. Grand Rapids. Lansing. And so on.
But I think you would be able to hold your own with those types, poster Woody.

Really, I do.

OK.
So I did.

I found this: "What happened next was very surprising, though. When the results were fed into the county clerk’s spreadsheet, flaws in the spreadsheet
Clerical error? Are you suggesting that the validity of elections is based on the quality of work of clerical staff?

Just how do you think the flaw got into that spreadsheet?

Forum List

Back