"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

Gee, I missed that completely.

I do remember reading her books in junior high but then I grew up.

Pillowbite, you wouldn't have successfully completed "Green Eggs and Ham" in Jr. High. You would have ZERO chance of comprehending the vocabulary used in Atlas even today.
:rofl:

Ayn Rand's writing style is a joke ... Her vocabulary? :laugh2:

And your support for this claim is? Her vocabulary is obviously about 5 time the size of yours.

Listening to her affectations and her crazy immigrant from a totalitarian regime rants is enough to push any sane person into fits of seizure. Reading her books is entertaining when taken for what they are --- fantasy.

Anyone who advocates Rand's writings as a philosophy is almost always exposing their own arrested emotional and intellectual development

Rand was a crazy immigrant who never recovered from her nightmares

Of course, that's pure opinion driven by a viral hatred of freedom.
Why do crazy people always think they know what FREEDOM is?

Yep, the people who attack Rand's writing can never explain what's wrong with it - not with examples, at least. It's the same meme regurgitated over and over.

What's funny is that I reread Atlas over Christmas break, and have quite a few criticisms, but what Dainty and Pillowbite claim is just stupid, clearly demonstrating that the speaker never read the book.

The chance of Pillowbite knowing the word "superlative" is less than zero, as you know.

I find it pathetic that the left cannot debate the ideas presented, and instead take this tack. Clearly Pillowbite is just reciting memes he memorized on the hate sites, this is one that floats around a lot, with folks who have an IQ of 85 thinking they are really clever for reciting it.

It shows the weakness of collectivists that you must stoop to such idiocy. Pillowbit is one of the dumber people on the board - you are not. I doubt Pillowbite has ever read a book in his life, anything beyond a hate script on DailKOS is beyond his attention span. But YOU know what you claim is false, and thus expose the weakness of the ideas you promote.
Not all ideas deserve debating -- it's like the 9/11 conspiracy ideas or the "I was abducted by space aliens" ideas.

Collectivists? Using ideological jargon is a sure sign of imbecility.

Yep, the people who attack Rand's writing can never explain what's wrong with it - not with examples, at least. It's the same meme regurgitated over and over.

What's funny is that I reread Atlas over Christmas break, and have quite a few criticisms, but what Dainty and Pillowbite claim is just stupid, clearly demonstrating that the speaker never read the book.
Dante has stated before:
developmentally stunted psyches will always see some genius in cartoonish caricatures put forth by the likes of :cuckoo: Ayn Rand

Dante has stated before:
developmentally stunted psyches will always see some genius in cartoonish caricatures put forth by the likes of :cuckoo: Ayn Rand

Referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental illness. The caricatures put forth by Ayn Rand are amazingly similar to personalities in the Obama Administration and Congress. It's truly uncanny.

Pillowbite, you wouldn't have successfully completed "Green Eggs and Ham" in Jr. High. You would have ZERO chance of comprehending the vocabulary used in Atlas even today.

And your support for this claim is? Her vocabulary is obviously about 5 time the size of yours.

Listening to her affectations and her crazy immigrant from a totalitarian regime rants is enough to push any sane person into fits of seizure. Reading her books is entertaining when taken for what they are --- fantasy.

Anyone who advocates Rand's writings as a philosophy is almost always exposing their own arrested emotional and intellectual development

Why do boot-licking toadies always call people who believe in freedom "crazy?"

Go out and but a Don't Tread On Me flag or banner -- It'll make you FEEL better about yourself. It will make you feel better and feed your delusion(s) about actually doing something to support freedom :rofl:

Not all ideas deserve debating -- it's like the 9/11 conspiracy ideas or the "I was abducted by space aliens" ideas.

Collectivists? Using ideological jargon is a sure sign of imbecility.

I see.

So you have never read the book, yet still feel entitled to bash it.

Got it.
Hey moron, Dante has read her crap. He was young and developmentally immature at one time too -- but that was in his teenage years. :laugh2:

Dante has stated before:

Referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental illness. The caricatures put forth by Ayn Rand are amazingly similar to personalities in the Obama Administration and Congress. It's truly uncanny.

Cariatures -- look up the term

then :anj_stfu: you are embarrassing usmb

Go out and but a Don't Tread On Me flag or banner -- It'll make you FEEL better about yourself. It will make you feel better and feed your delusion(s) about actually doing something to support freedom :rofl:

I suppose we can expect to see you sporting a flag with the hammer and sickle on it shortly. I'll bet you're also fond of wearing Che Guevara T-shirts.

Dante has stated before:

Cariatures -- look up the term

then :anj_stfu: you are embarrassing usmb

What would I learn if I did look up the term?

While the chief-idiot-in-this-thread is doing his homework... "caricature"

Dante will highlight 'parody'

"I want to give you a raise," she said.

"No Miss Stank," he threw back his hood and laughed. His face was like one she had never seen but always known. It was a proud face with hard, angular cheeks and cold, clear eyes, and it was crowned by black, angular hair. Intelligence shone from it like light off an expertly cleaned window.

"Why not?"

"Because my mind is not for sale.""I don't understand."

"Who is John Goat?""I don't..."

"Do you see these tools?" He held up his belt of window washing tools. "Who do you think made them? Man did or, rather, man's mind did. Squeegie, wash bottle, soap...each is the product of man's mind. Man makes his tools with his mind; with his mind man, makes his tools." He paused, "But man who makes his tools with his mind can also discard them. Like this..." he hurled the belt into the darkness.

"Who is John Goat? If you really want to know, you'll have to come with me Miss Stank." He tore the robe from his body and was naked.

Dallas gave him her hand and he took it.

She felt a value pass between them.

They leapt from the train and flapped their arms like the wings of a great copper bird. They flew upward into the objective moonlight, and freedom.

An anonymous tribute to Ayn Rand through parody - WendyMcElroy.com

I suppose we can expect to see you sporting a flag with the hammer and sickle on it shortly. I'll bet you're also fond of wearing Che Guevara T-shirts.
:cuckoo:

Ahh the romanticism of a crazed old Russian emigre An anonymous tribute to Ayn Rand through parody - WendyMcElroy.com

"Who is John Goat?"
Dallas turned away from the window and looked at the man in the seat beside her. He had got on at one of the stops outside New York City but she had not noticed him before now. He had a bald head that seemed to rest like an unused bowling ball atop a pillow of fat that had once been a neck. His eyes were pale and lifeless.

"Pardon me?"

"Who is John Goat?""I don't know. Besides, those words are just meaningless nonsense."

The man nodded dully. His nod seemed to reject the possibility of objective knowledge. Dallas turned back to the window and gazed out on the vast blank prairies. A lighted billboard flickered and her heart trembled with joy. She remember her thrill when, long ago, she first heard a radio commercial. Her brother had told her that bird songs were prettier but Francisco had laughed and said, "When I grow up I will make birds out of copper and sell them for money!" And the next day he had presented her with his first copper bird made from metal he had mined with his own hands.

"Does it know any songs," she had asked.

"Only radio commercials."And, then, they had made love.

"Pardon me Miss." It was the bald man.

"Yes."

"My name is Waldo Mudge. What's yours?""Stank. Dallas Stank."

"Stank! The same Stank who runs the railroad?""Yes!" Dallas proudly threw back her head.

"You loathsome capitalist, I hate you! I abhor you! Don't look at me that way; you have no right! I give all my blood to the poor! Organs, too, when I have the chance. All I have left are three ribs and a testicle. Stop looking at me like that! I live for others, for love...something YOU would never understand!" He sneered hysterically.

"You're right, I wouldn't," she said.

She turned back to the window. Suddenly, she felt a rush of air go past her head. She turned around and gasped. Waldo Mudge had deflated.​

Ahh the romanticism of a crazed old Russian emigre An anonymous tribute to Ayn Rand through parody - WendyMcElroy.com

"Who is John Goat?"
Dallas turned away from the window and looked at the man in the seat beside her. He had got on at one of the stops outside New York City but she had not noticed him before now. He had a bald head that seemed to rest like an unused bowling ball atop a pillow of fat that had once been a neck. His eyes were pale and lifeless.

"Pardon me?"

"Who is John Goat?""I don't know. Besides, those words are just meaningless nonsense."

The man nodded dully. His nod seemed to reject the possibility of objective knowledge. Dallas turned back to the window and gazed out on the vast blank prairies. A lighted billboard flickered and her heart trembled with joy. She remember her thrill when, long ago, she first heard a radio commercial. Her brother had told her that bird songs were prettier but Francisco had laughed and said, "When I grow up I will make birds out of copper and sell them for money!" And the next day he had presented her with his first copper bird made from metal he had mined with his own hands.

"Does it know any songs," she had asked.

"Only radio commercials."And, then, they had made love.

"Pardon me Miss." It was the bald man.

"Yes."

"My name is Waldo Mudge. What's yours?""Stank. Dallas Stank."

"Stank! The same Stank who runs the railroad?""Yes!" Dallas proudly threw back her head.

"You loathsome capitalist, I hate you! I abhor you! Don't look at me that way; you have no right! I give all my blood to the poor! Organs, too, when I have the chance. All I have left are three ribs and a testicle. Stop looking at me like that! I live for others, for love...something YOU would never understand!" He sneered hysterically.

"You're right, I wouldn't," she said.

She turned back to the window. Suddenly, she felt a rush of air go past her head. She turned around and gasped. Waldo Mudge had deflated.​

Apparently you believe quoting someone who is ridiculing Ayn Rand is a valid example of her work. Just as I stated previously, none of Rand's attackers can quote her work and explain what's wrong with it.

Forum List

Back