Atlanta storm cluster is PROOF that government DOESN'T WORK

Anyone watching this cluster mess in Atlanta? Oh, a little snow storm and it shuts down the whole city. Kids spending the night IN school buses. Thousands of abandoned cars on the highway, looking like a Walking Dead episode.

And the Atlanta government is helpless. The stupid police, lazy firemen, incompetent national guard, and idiot politicians, all making excuses.

Well, if they'd GET OUT OF THE WAY and stop taxing us, we could let the PRIVATE sector fix the mess. Corporations like Home Depot, Wal-Mart and dozens of private construction crews could have joined forces, prevented this mess, and fixed what little damage was done.

But OH NO, the mighy government steps in and says they'll protect us all, and fail of course.

Some construction crews from private business and supplies provided by Wal Mart, Lowes, etc, could've all had the preparation done BEFORE the storm, and then respond to problems as they occur.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

I think this gets the Dumbest Post of the Day award.

1. It was ice, not a little snow. If you live in the north you know the difference.
2. It was the mayor's call, not the federal government. He, like the mayor of N.O. before Katrina, was warned.

Apparently Atlanta purchased lot of new equipment after the last time this happened 3 years ago. Poor to no planning will get you every time. Does that mean Government in general doesn't work? No of course not. But you know the true politicians motto, "never let a crisis go to waste".

Southern cites don't do ice well. They should have closed my office on Tues, but noooooo, everyone got here, and then they got sent home at 10. The commutes were 3x longer both ways, and there have been 400plus accidents in two days. Then they closed the office yesterday till noon. I got in at 9:15 and the roads were ok, though I shouldn't have used the interstate.

Stupid op. Happens all the time down here, only we only get snow maybe once in five years.

ps, Katrina was a different beast, however. They had a plan to avoid a killer storm, but failed ot execute it in NOLA. Miss had 200plus dead, but the system more or less worked, and the dead chose not to evacuate.

Last edited:
Anyone watching this cluster mess in Atlanta? Oh, a little snow storm and it shuts down the whole city. Kids spending the night IN school buses. Thousands of abandoned cars on the highway, looking like a Walking Dead episode.

And the Atlanta government is helpless. The stupid police, lazy firemen, incompetent national guard, and idiot politicians, all making excuses.

Well, if they'd GET OUT OF THE WAY and stop taxing us, we could let the PRIVATE sector fix the mess. Corporations like Home Depot, Wal-Mart and dozens of private construction crews could have joined forces, prevented this mess, and fixed what little damage was done.

But OH NO, the mighy government steps in and says they'll protect us all, and fail of course.

Some construction crews from private business and supplies provided by Wal Mart, Lowes, etc, could've all had the preparation done BEFORE the storm, and then respond to problems as they occur.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

Are you in Atlanta?

Bendog, guess who built all those roads that we don't need? Government. Just so they can have a reason to tax us more, and hire more government slobs because "Oh we need them to manage the roads".

The free market would've created just enough roads, and would've resulted in better ways of transportation. Cant blame the market for cars. They just responded to the government flooding us with roads. With all that tax money taken away, the free market corporate world couldn't do as much as they want to make transportation better.

God help us if Rand Paul doesn't win. America will be doomed.

Bendog, guess who built all those roads that we don't need? Government. Just so they can have a reason to tax us more, and hire more government slobs because "Oh we need them to manage the roads".

The free market would've created just enough roads, and would've resulted in better ways of transportation. Cant blame the market for cars. They just responded to the government flooding us with roads. With all that tax money taken away, the free market corporate world couldn't do as much as they want to make transportation better.

Absolutely, the only thing that will save Atl is if they do away with that HORRID interstate system. ayn paul is joke, and it's on u.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

Are you in Atlanta?

Nope. But I don't need to be to see the obvious signs of a failure of government, yet again.

The free market, if it had all that tax money that it is robbed of, would not allow these messes to happen.

Dude, you obvioously have no fcking clue what you're talking of. Atl is the easiest maj city in the US to drive through. I do it 4 times a year on my way to and from the horrid NE.

Clearing highways is the job of the state. Last time I looked, Georgia is ran by Republicans.

And LOL at thinking the private sector is going to take care of clearing an entire metropolitan region. Just pure insanity.

Private sector (i.e. the 1%) are going to sit inside and tell the workers who deign to be in rush hour traffic, to eat cake.

Wow.. even managed to work this into an rant about the evil one-percenters...

:lol:

Absolutely, the only thing that will save Atl is if they do away with that HORRID interstate system. ayn paul is joke, and it's on u.

What's an "ayn paul"?

I think this gets the Dumbest Post of the Day award.

1. It was ice, not a little snow. If you live in the north you know the difference.
2. It was the mayor's call, not the federal government. He, like the mayor of N.O. before Katrina, was warned.

Apparently Atlanta purchased lot of new equipment after the last time this happened 3 years ago. Poor to no planning will get you every time. Does that mean Government in general doesn't work? No of course not. But you know the true politicians motto, "never let a crisis go to waste".

Southern cites don't do ice well. They should have closed my office on Tues, but noooooo, everyone got here, and then they got sent home at 10. The commutes were 3x longer both ways, and there have been 400plus accidents in two days. Then they closed the office yesterday till noon. I got in at 9:15 and the roads were ok, though I shouldn't have used the interstate.

Stupid op. Happens all the time down here, only we only get snow maybe once in five years.

ps, Katrina was a different beast, however. They had a plan to avoid a killer storm, but failed ot execute it in NOLA. Miss had 200plus dead, but the system more or less worked, and the dead chose not to evacuate.

Houston shuts down on the forecast of ice and/or snow, and we don't get snow or ice nearly as much as Atlanta.

Which came first the Cars or the Roads??????

You want them to buy 500 salt trucks for a once every 3 year event...

No, I want taxes slashed, and let the private sector use all that saved cash to do all the shit that the government obviously cant.

Atlanta wouldn't need to buy ice trucks. The private companies could move resources from other parts of the country that they own them to help.

Whereas with GOVERNMENT, you don't see the city of Detroit or Boston sending ice trucks to help Atlanta, because governments don't help ANYONE. They hurt their own cities, and refuse to help others.

Wal-Mart and Lowes and private construction companies are nation wide, even global, so they have resources and people everywhere. So, with the money they'd save from slashed taxes they could pool that money into a "Civic Response Fund" that would do the things government does, only FAR FAR better.

Typical libtard question.

Easy.

Roads. We used to drive horse-and-buggy on them.

The government forced roads as an excuse to raise taxes and create more need for government employees. The free market had no choice but respond with cars since it didnt' have all it's resources to produce more efficient travel for it's supplies and workers.

The government didn't invent the sky and can't make excuses to need to repair the air, and see how the private sector thrived with air travel?

If government would've stayed out of the way of commerce travel, which is what most travel is, then the private free market would've come up with a better way than cramming a million cars onto a straight road with no plan for ice and wrecks.

Clearing highways is the job of the state. Last time I looked, Georgia is ran by Republicans.

And LOL at thinking the private sector is going to take care of clearing an entire metropolitan region. Just pure insanity.

Private sector (i.e. the 1%) are going to sit inside and tell the workers who deign to be in rush hour traffic, to eat cake.

A rant? Honey, you haven't seen me rant yet.
Top 1% owns 42% of the wealth. Top 10% owns 86%. And they don't give a flying fuck about you, either.

A rant? Honey, you haven't seen me rant yet.
Top 1% owns 42% of the wealth. Top 10% owns 86%. And they don't give a flying fuck about you, either.

Why should we? If you aren't family, you aren't my responsibility. You and all the others had the same opportunity at birth to earn money that the rest of us did. You made choices in life that landed you where you are. We made choices that landed us where we are.

Life has no rewind button. No pause button. And I have no obligation to erase or assist you after your bad decisions.

Typical libtard question.

Easy.

Roads. We used to drive horse-and-buggy on them.

The government forced roads as an excuse to raise taxes and create more need for government employees. The free market had no choice but respond with cars since it didnt' have all it's resources to produce more efficient travel for it's supplies and workers.

The government didn't invent the sky and can't make excuses to need to repair the air, and see how the private sector thrived with air travel?

If government would've stayed out of the way of commerce travel, which is what most travel is, then the private free market would've come up with a better way than cramming a million cars onto a straight road with no plan for ice and wrecks.

Typical dumbass response.

Private Highways in America, 1792-1916 : The Freeman : Foundation for Economic Education

The notion of private highways, which would seem fantastic to our parents, was commonplace to our great-great-grandparents. Initiated in the 1790s in the growing Republic, these roads stimulated commerce, settlement, and population. During the nineteenth century more than 2,000 private companies financed, built, and operated toll roads. States turned to private initiative for much the same reason they are doing so today: fiscal constraints and insufficient administrative manpower. Knowledge of our toll-road heritage may help encourage today’s budding toll-road movement.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

Are you in Atlanta?

Nope. But I don't need to be to see the obvious signs of a failure of government, yet again.

The free market, if it had all that tax money that it is robbed of, would not allow these messes to happen.

What a joke. These people wouldn't be out in shitty weather if their free market employers didn't make them go into work.

No, I want taxes slashed, and let the private sector use all that saved cash to do all the shit that the government obviously cant.

Atlanta wouldn't need to buy ice trucks. The private companies could move resources from other parts of the country that they own them to help.

Whereas with GOVERNMENT, you don't see the city of Detroit or Boston sending ice trucks to help Atlanta, because governments don't help ANYONE. They hurt their own cities, and refuse to help others.

Wal-Mart and Lowes and private construction companies are nation wide, even global, so they have resources and people everywhere. So, with the money they'd save from slashed taxes they could pool that money into a "Civic Response Fund" that would do the things government does, only FAR FAR better.

Or the dumbasses could listen to the weather report. Gov't works fine, if it's not run by Republicans...like the interstates around Atlanta...

Yeah, you didn't think this through at all. Snow storms don't strike isolated areas, they hit and keep moving on to other locations. How are cities or private companies going to move thousands of plows when nearly 70% of the country is covered in snow? We've been getting hit up north with storms every 2-3 days over the last month, there are no plows to spare.

This is possibly the dumbest idea ever proposed on here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back