Atheism's Wrong Turn II

Ah, considering there is no concrete proof that a god (of any description) has ever existed, what other proof is necessary?

There is all kind of circumstantial evidence, there are eye witness accounts as well.

You can not prove God does NOT exists.

Your claim that since you have never seen him he doesn't exist means for you there is a very large number of things you must believe do not exist.

Yes there is.

Reading accurately would be nice. Or typing accurately. You fucked up on one of them.

Although regardless, no theres not evidence that god exists. People in Salem thought that witches exist, do you think thats evidence of witches? No? Oh right because it doesn't match your preconceived beliefs.

Yes there is.

I’m still waiting for specific definitive proof that god exists. Am I supposed to contend with the logical argument that if I can’t prove the god does not exist, then god exists. I guess that Unicorns and elves exist too. I bet that my plaid elephant having three trunks and webbed feet exists too. Come on, you theists. Give me something more to consider.

Really? Want to take a poll on how many people have changed their views, or believe his opinion and/or yours is more correct than theirs?

There is nothing I, or anyone, could say to change folks minds about God. Its an irrational belief and people don't like being irrational so they make shit up. Rationality has nothing to do with it.

Sure thing. :rolleyes:

Well, try looking at it this way... people who believe in G-d do so because they have FAITH that G-d exists. Why would that faith suddenly be shaken because someone raises logical arguments? There isn't anything logical about it, it's spiritual by definition.

By the same token, why would an atheist suddenly have faith in the existence of a deity simply because someone makes arguments based on their own faith in G-d's existence? It's not like there are any logical arguments that could be made to change THEIR minds.

Well, try looking at it this way... people who believe in G-d do so because they have FAITH that G-d exists. Why would that faith suddenly be shaken because someone raises logical arguments? There isn't anything logical about it, it's spiritual by definition.

By the same token, why would an atheist suddenly have faith in the existence of a deity simply because someone makes arguments based on their own faith in G-d's existence? It's not like there are any logical arguments that could be made to change THEIR minds.

Any minute now Chips is going to explode! :badgrin:

There is nothing I, or anyone, could say to change folks minds about God. Its an irrational belief and people don't like being irrational so they make shit up. Rationality has nothing to do with it.

It is so much more rational to believe that a giant explosion out of nothing created everything. How again did this explosion occur when there was, by your definition NOTHING there to explode? And it is so logical to assume this explosion of nothing created something. That this something randomly created planets and randomly created life on those planets.

Remind us again of how life began, scientifically that is, and provide some evidence that the theory is sound.... ohh wait you CAN NOT.

So we have a belief that nothing created something.... no more "logical" than Nothing created God.

It wasn't an accusation. Note the question marks. Now care to anwser it?
Since there's evidence for the fabrication of Santa, the easter bunny, and the FSM, there's evidence for their non-existence in reality--so yes, Larkinn, the assertions that Santa, the easter bunny, and the FSM are not real are assertions founded in evidence.

Not my point. I'm not trying to sell anything. Merely point out that Diuretic's little victory chant is hollow.

Intransigents don't count, they wouldn't recognise a proof if it slapped them around the face with a Rainbow Trout.

What proof would THAT be? I've heard this argument since they first began pushing it in school and I have YET to see any factual evidence to support EITHER argument.

Since this particular one concerns atheism vs religion, what proof exists that there is no God?

And do take note of the fact that YOU put the onus of proof on yourself, so save the "don't hve to prove a negative, yada, yada, yada ..." argument.
;)

Since there's evidence for the fabrication of Santa, the easter bunny, and the FSM, there's evidence for their non-existence in reality--so yes, Larkinn, the assertions that Santa, the easter bunny, and the FSM are not real are assertions founded in evidence.

Please provide the evidence.

It is so much more rational to believe that a giant explosion out of nothing created everything. How again did this explosion occur when there was, by your definition NOTHING there to explode? And it is so logical to assume this explosion of nothing created something. That this something randomly created planets and randomly created life on those planets.

We are talking about whether god exists, not about the origins of the world. Do keep up.

Remind us again of how life began, scientifically that is, and provide some evidence that the theory is sound.... ohh wait you CAN NOT.

So we have a belief that nothing created something.... no more "logical" than Nothing created God.

Again, stay on topic.

We are talking about whether god exists, not about the origins of the world. Do keep up.

Again, stay on topic.

I am on topic, YOU claim that God can not exist because, well because. You have no evidence to support the claim, just your opinion.

I respond with the fact that you claim the universe , the world and life all are explained by science. This is patently false. Science can no more prove their theory of creation, the Big Bang or how worlds came to be any more than I can prove God exists.

Now if your going to admit science can not explain it, remind me why my belief in a God, you can not prove does not exist is as you claim a foolish thought.

Forum List

Back