At what point will Americans stop buying stuff?

No I wouldn't because like I did earlier in my life, I did something about it. When I was unsatisfied with the money I was making, I simply made myself worth more to potential employers.

When I landed that better paying job I spoke of earlier, it was driving a van. When I left there, similar work paid about the same because just about anybody with a drivers license can drive a van. So I got my CDL Class B license which enabled me to take truck driving jobs. After a few years of that, I learned how to drive a tractor-trailer and upgraded my license to a Class A. I made a reasonable living and retired as a tractor-trailer driver.

It wasn't easy, but I didn't sit home and cry that employers should pay me great money to do a job just about anybody could do. I went into a field to do a job a lot of people cant or won't do. The more people that can do your job, the less you are worth. So find a line of work that's in demand because a lot of people can't do that job.

And if you want a job that pays you based on your productivity, that's what piece work jobs are all about. If you want to make money based on how well your company is doing, you get a job that has profit sharing as a benefit. If you feel the company is successful but doesn't offer profit sharing, you can buy stock in that company like other investors. Some companies even offer discounts to their employees that invest in the company. Then you can make money right along with them.

Or people can form unions and force their employers to pay more.

Or people can vote for liberal candidates that raise the minimum wage and force the wages of everyone up.

Or people can do a shitty job that alienates customers and reduces their employers profits.

People do not have to accept your rules.

Schoolboy eh?
"Well, a recession is two quarters in a row of negative growth."
President Bill Clinton - Dec. 2000

It's nice to see that you take Bill Clinton's words as sacred!

Maybe you can learn from all Liberals!

Or people can form unions and force their employers to pay more.

Or people can vote for liberal candidates that raise the minimum wage and force the wages of everyone up.

Or people can do a shitty job that alienates customers and reduces their employers profits.

People do not have to accept your rules.

I don't offer rules, I offer solutions to problems which mine are more than reasonable since millions of Americans do it every day.

Why aren't people forming unions now? Because if they did, the company will simply move away or shutdown, and workers realize that.

You voted for candidates that promised a higher minimum wage and they won. Why have they not done it? Because of what we're seeing today. It's called inflation and in fact, the highest inflation we seen in 40 years. It's primary cause are employers having to pay much more money for labor, which losses get passed to us consumers. the definition if inflation is paying more for products or services than you did before.

Employers don't keep employees that sabotage their industry. They get fired and it's on their permanent record so you will never get another decent paying job again.

Nobody in our country is forced to work any job. The employer posts the job, tells you of the pay at application time, and if offered, you either accept or decline the opportunity. If nobody is willing to pay you the money you want, it's because you have minimal skills and experience. That's not the employers fault, it's your fault.

I don't offer rules, I offer solutions to problems which mine are more than reasonable since millions of Americans do it every day.

Why aren't people forming unions now? Because if they did, the company will simply move away or shutdown, and workers realize that.

You voted for candidates that promised a higher minimum wage and they won. Why have they not done it? Because of what we're seeing today. It's called inflation and in fact, the highest inflation we seen in 40 years. It's primary cause are employers having to pay much more money for labor, which losses get passed to us consumers. the definition if inflation is paying more for products or services than you did before.

Employers don't keep employees that sabotage their industry. They get fired and it's on their permanent record so you will never get another decent paying job again.

Nobody in our country is forced to work any job. The employer posts the job, tells you of the pay at application time, and if offered, you either accept or decline the opportunity. If nobody is willing to pay you the money you want, it's because you have minimal skills and experience. That's not the employers fault, it's your fault.

People are forming Unions again - and if employers move they'll form unions at the new location.

Employers usually don't know when employees do a shit job. Employees aren't stupid enough to get caught. I've worked with lots of coworkers that do it. It's annoying as hell to good workers because it usually results in the good workers workload increasing. (note: even Homer Simpson once described this as 'The American Way' - wish I knew which episode it was)

Yes, people are forced to work in this country. The penalty for not working is being homeless and starving.

Inflation may go up until people stop buying the products & services. Only vital products & services can continue passed a certain point - and that will bring political consequences. As long as workers continue to demand increased wages, employers will have to pay. Employers can afford it. Workers can not continue to work for slave wages in an inflationary economy.

Sorry, no new Lexus this year!

People are forming Unions again - and if employers move they'll form unions at the new location.

Employers usually don't know when employees do a shit job. Employees aren't stupid enough to get caught. I've worked with lots of coworkers that do it. It's annoying as hell to good workers because it usually results in the good workers workload increasing. (note: even Homer Simpson once described this as 'The American Way' - wish I knew which episode it was)

Yes, people are forced to work in this country. The penalty for not working is being homeless and starving.

Inflation may go up until people stop buying the products & services. Only vital products & services can continue passed a certain point - and that will bring political consequences. As long as workers continue to demand increased wages, employers will have to pay. Employers can afford it. Workers can not continue to work for slave wages in an inflationary economy.

You morons and your minimum wage stupidity. Where does the money come from to pay any increased wage? Where does the capital come from?

You are living in your own little world if you think the big guy loses one dime when hit with expenses. All expenses are compensated for. If the owner doesn't stop pay raises, he will ask for a higher health insurance contributions from employees. If not higher contributions, he will invest in automation to replace workers. If not automation, he charges more for the products or services his company provides. If he or she can't recoup all their losses that way, they move to another country or state, usually a right to work state. But one way or another, the business and owner will not take any losses and still buy that new Lexus every year.

There are plenty of people that don't work in this country. Trust me, the idiot next door to me rents to Section 8 people. Of course they live in poverty, but they don't have to work, or work part-time just a few hours a week. However if you do decide to work, what you make is entirely up to you, not your employer. If you accept a job anybody can do, you will not make out very well financially. If you get into a field of work not anybody can do, you will make out better. If you decide on working hard labor like construction, you will make out very well like my father did.

There was a topic about UPS drivers a few weeks ago I got into. The highest paid UPS drivers make 83K a year plus benefits. This probably includes overtime, but still excellent pay for no skill labor. We can't find enough people to deliver mail today. Last week my mail didn't come until 8:00 pm. My father tells me they can't find anybody that can pass the drug test to be a bricklayer. With benefits it pays around $60.00 an hour. The union is offering their retirees $500.00 if they can find any young people to join the trade. Can't find them.

So I don't want to hear anything about too low of pay when your pay is entirely up to you. No, you will not get good pay for turning nuts onto bolts or inspecting parts. But if you are willing to work hard, or take the time to learn a trade like I did, you will live happily ever after.

You are living in your own little world if you think the big guy loses one dime when hit with expenses. All expenses are compensated for. If the owner doesn't stop pay raises, he will ask for a higher health insurance contributions from employees. If not higher contributions, he will invest in automation to replace workers. If not automation, he charges more for the products or services his company provides. If he or she can't recoup all their losses that way, they move to another country or state, usually a right to work state. But one way or another, the business and owner will not take any losses and still buy that new Lexus every year.

There are plenty of people that don't work in this country. Trust me, the idiot next door to me rents to Section 8 people. Of course they live in poverty, but they don't have to work, or work part-time just a few hours a week. However if you do decide to work, what you make is entirely up to you, not your employer. If you accept a job anybody can do, you will not make out very well financially. If you get into a field of work not anybody can do, you will make out better. If you decide on working hard labor like construction, you will make out very well like my father did.

There was a topic about UPS drivers a few weeks ago I got into. The highest paid UPS drivers make 83K a year plus benefits. This probably includes overtime, but still excellent pay for no skill labor. We can't find enough people to deliver mail today. Last week my mail didn't come until 8:00 pm. My father tells me they can't find anybody that can pass the drug test to be a bricklayer. With benefits it pays around $60.00 an hour. The union is offering their retirees $500.00 if they can find any young people to join the trade. Can't find them.

So I don't want to hear anything about too low of pay when your pay is entirely up to you. No, you will not get good pay for turning nuts onto bolts or inspecting parts. But if you are willing to work hard, or take the time to learn a trade like I did, you will live happily ever after.
To expand on that a little… a local citizen explained to our city council that the amount of welfare money necessary to pay rent for a new welfare housing project in town would be the same as would cover a mortgage for one of our many decaying historic homes in town. IOW, welfare sloth could afford to buy a house if only they had the incentive and motivation.
So it’s not about inevitable hardships or racism or any of that nonsense.
It’s all about a culture of sloth carefully cultivated by democrat policy.

To expand on that a little… a local citizen explained to our city council that the amount of welfare money necessary to pay rent for a new welfare housing project in town would be the same as would cover a mortgage for one of our many decaying historic homes in town. IOW, welfare sloth could afford to buy a house if only they had the incentive and motivation.
So it’s not about inevitable hardships or racism or any of that nonsense.
It’s all about a culture of sloth carefully cultivated by democrat policy.

Yes it is, but the problem is it's spreading rapidly. The Democrat party has conditioned people not to work and that's bringing our country down. Today we have the most young people living with their parents since statistics were kept. I'm not talking young adults in their early 20s, but people in their 30's, 40's and even older. The younger parents today welcome it. On talk radio when the subject came up, I was shocked to hear parents calling in stating not only do their adult kids live with them, they hope they never move out.

Our government is spending way too much money providing housing. If I have to support you, I want to support you there, not here in the suburbs. People work hard to live here and government just inserts these lowlifes into our neighborhood, and along with it comes the noise, filth and crime. The Democrats don't care, they are using our tax money to pander to their voters.

You may stick with your schoolboy definition of recession if you want, but everyone knows that there are plenty of positive economic indicators - far more than negative. Most economists recognize that the reduced GDP is due to overstocking and is in this case, meaningless.

When businesses start shutting down and tens of thousands lose their jobs, the rest of us will believe that there's a recession.
like what are the positives?

Oh, God no! Not their permanent record?

Come on Ray, that's ridiculous! :abgg2q.jpg:

First, UPS drivers are all UNIONIZED which is why they are paid decently. They are a perfect example of low skilled workers getting paid on par with the value of their labor, instead of the minimum and employer can get away with paying them. So you proved my point (Thank You!)

Second, what you fail to realize is that society NEEDS it's low skilled workers. They are of tremendous real value to us all. There is NO reason why they should have to live in poverty while corporate CEOs & business owners live a lavish lifestyle.

Not everyone should have to 'better themselves'. If left up to you we'd have a society with nobody but lawyers and no essential workers. We'd all die.

I don't agree with your implication that I support able bodied people living on government social programs. Those programs should only be for people who either cannot work, or cannot work temporarily. If employers paid decent wages there would be a lot less people on Section 8. Maybe you should be complaining about employers who pay such low wages that the government, with your tax dollars, has to supplement their rent payments. Or you shuold complain about landlords charging such high rent that working people need the government Section 8 program or they'd be homeless.

First, UPS drivers are all UNIONIZED which is why they are paid decently. They are a perfect example of low skilled workers getting paid on par with the value of their labor, instead of the minimum and employer can get away with paying them. So you proved my point (Thank You!)

Second, what you fail to realize is that society NEEDS it's low skilled workers. They are of tremendous real value to us all. There is NO reason why they should have to live in poverty while corporate CEOs & business owners live a lavish lifestyle.

Not everyone should have to 'better themselves'. If left up to you we'd have a society with nobody but lawyers and no essential workers. We'd all die.

I don't agree with your implication that I support able bodied people living on government social programs. Those programs should only be for people who either cannot work, or cannot work temporarily. If employers paid decent wages there would be a lot less people on Section 8. Maybe you should be complaining about employers who pay such low wages that the government, with your tax dollars, has to supplement their rent payments. Or you shuold complain about landlords charging such high rent that working people need the government Section 8 program or they'd be homeless.

I never said you supported able bodied people not working. I only brought them up to your comment about being forced to work or live in the streets.

Not everybody should have to better themselves to make a living? Why not? I don't follow that logic. You want employers to overpay labor and that's just fantasy world.

You and I own widget factories. You pay your union widget workers supreme money and benefits. I pay my non-union widget workers the lowest I can but still have a labor force. Now Amazon needs 2 million widgets. Who do you think they'll buy them from, your company or mine? Your widgets are twice as expensive as mine because your labor costs are twice as high as mine. I'm going to easily put your widget factory out of business. That's how competition works.

Even if all American companies colluded to pay their workers better money, what about foreign competition where the Chinese are paying their workers a dollar an hour? I could never compete against them and neither can you. We both close down.

I responded to a UPS email looking for new employees back when Obama had fucked our budget with his energy policy. I needed to augment my current salary to cover the Obama cost increases. You don’t fill out an application and land a job driving deliveries to the homes of horny housewives. The work is loading and unloading vehicles at a UPS facility at a merciless pace. The pay is relatively low and you must pay union dues with no representation until after a year of employment. Free money for a union from what amounts to a high turnover of temporary employees.
No thanks.

Forum List

Back