At least 8 people killed in shooting in Germany....but...gun control? Europe has gun control?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just breaking.....10 people have been shot and killed in gun controlled Germany.....where it is completely against the law to use guns to shoot people.......

Original source...

Shooting in Germany leaves 11 dead including the suspect (Update: Shooter identified)

Actual news from the BBC....

Nine dead after gun attacks on Germany shisha bars

A gunman opened fire on two shisha bars in the western German city of Hanau, killing at least eight people and injuring several others, police say.

The shootings took place around 22:00 (21:00 GMT) on Wednesday. In both places the clientele were reported to have been predominantly Kurdish.

The suspect then fled to his home where he was later found dead along with the body of a second person.

The motive for the attacks is unclear. An investigation is ongoing.

Police say the suspect killed himself. The Bild tabloid reports he was a German citizen with a firearms licence, and that ammunition and gun magazines were found in his car.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Just breaking.....10 people have been shot and killed in gun controlled Germany.....where it is completely against the law to use guns to shoot people.......

Original source...

Shooting in Germany leaves 11 dead including the suspect (Update: Shooter identified)

A gunman opened fire on two shisha bars in the western German city of Hanau, killing at least eight people and injuring several others, police say.

The shootings took place around 22:00 (21:00 GMT) on Wednesday. In both places the clientele were reported to have been predominantly Kurdish.

The suspect then fled to his home where he was later found dead along with the body of a second person.

Police say the suspect killed himself. The Bild tabloid reports he was a German citizen with a firearms licence, and that ammunition and gun magazines were found in his car.
11 dead because no one was armed to DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Yeah gun confiscation is such a wonderful thing. Just ask the families of the DEAD PEOPLE.

142.jpg

@Everyone

Some information about this deed: Seems to be a right-wing racist terror attack. One of the victims seems to be the own mother of this mass-murderer. He had attacked two sisha bars (=a shisha bar is a pub, where people smoke water pipes). The assassinator is dead.

Pray for them all.

Last edited:
yep. gun control is the problem, not a right wing terrorist shooting people he does not consider real germans.
Does not sound like guns are very controlled in Germany other than requiring registration, which I certainly do not approve of, but according to Wikipedia: The German Ministry of the Interior estimated in 2009 that the number of firearms in circulation, legally and illegally, could be up to 45 million.[2] Germany's National Gun Registry, introduced at the end of 2012, counted 5.5 million firearms in use, which are legally owned by 1.4 million people in the country. About 1.5 million sport shooters in several thousand Schützenvereinen own and use guns for sport, about 400,000 hunters have a licensed gun, about 300,000 collect guns and about 900,000 own an inherited gun.[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Germany.

I never heard of a shisha bar before, but understand now, it is a Hookah bar popular with people from the middle east, where they share tobaccos, smoke from a Hookah pipe. Sounds like a specific attack against middle easterners. I wonder why these nutballs often shoot themselves after shooting others in mass. Seems self defeating.

Rathjen left behind a 24-page manifesto in which he put forward a mixture of conspiracy theories and far-Right racist views. He called for the extermination of several peoples in the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia. Although he did not emphasise the issue of religion, most of the countries he named have Muslim majority populations.

He justified his call for mass murder by claiming certain races could be scientifically proven to be superior to others.

He showed signs of paranoia and espoused conspiracy theories, claiming he had been under surveillance by the intelligence services and that Donald Trump stole his ideas.

Rathjen left behind a 24-page manifesto in which he put forward a mixture of conspiracy theories and far-Right racist views.

He called for the extermination of several peoples in the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia. Although he did not emphasise the issue of religion, most of the countries he named have Muslim majority populations.

He justified his call for mass murder by claiming certain races could be scientifically proven to be superior to others.

He showed signs of paranoia and espoused conspiracy theories, claiming he had been under surveillance by the intelligence services and that Donald Trump stole his ideas.

He also claimed to have been voluntarily celibate for 18 years and never to have had a relationship with a woman.

Rathjen also posted a video in English on his website recently. Although the site has since been taken down, the video was circulating on social media on Thursday.

"This is my personal message to all Americans," Rathjen says in mildly accented English in the recording. "Your country is under control of invisible secret societies... If you don't believe the following, you'd better wake up, quick!"

He goes on to claim that children are tortured and killed in Satanic worship rituals at "secret underground military bases" in the US.

German authorities believe Rathjen had no accomplices and acted alone. He had no criminal record and had never come to the attention of police or security services before the attacks, prosecutors said.

Rathjen was a registered marksman and had a gun license to possess guns including a 9mm handgun. Germany has strict gun control laws and licenses are hard to obtain. They are generally only issued to registered hunters and marksmen, who have to pass tough checks.

Rathjen claimed to have a university degree and his manifesto was written in excellent German, according to experts. Although he speaks with an accent in his video message to Americans, his English is fluent.

Before his site was taken down, it reportedly contained a brief CV in which he claimed to have studied business management and worked as a trainee banker in Frankfurt.

Ten dead after far-Right terror attack in Germany

yep. gun control is the problem, not a right wing terrorist shooting people he does not consider real germans.
Does not sound like guns are very controlled in Germany other than requiring registration, which I certainly do not approve of, but according to Wikipedia: The German Ministry of the Interior estimated in 2009 that the number of firearms in circulation, legally and illegally, could be up to 45 million.[2] Germany's National Gun Registry, introduced at the end of 2012, counted 5.5 million firearms in use, which are legally owned by 1.4 million people in the country. About 1.5 million sport shooters in several thousand Schützenvereinen own and use guns for sport, about 400,000 hunters have a licensed gun, about 300,000 collect guns and about 900,000 own an inherited gun.[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Germany.

I never heard of a shisha bar before, but understand now, it is a Hookah bar popular with people from the middle east, where they share tobaccos, smoke from a Hookah pipe. Sounds like a specific attack against middle easterners. I wonder why these nutballs often shoot themselves after shooting others in mass. Seems self defeating.

Those bars are everywhere.

I haven't gotten around much since the mid 90s, did not remember them from my time in Germany and I did not read German much then, except for road signs and menus. I was in and out tobak shops, but no shisha or hookah bars.

Original source...

What's the homicide rate in Germany

I haven't gotten around much since the mid 90s, did not remember them from my time in Germany and I did not read German much then, except for road signs and menus. I was in and out tobak shops, but no shisha or hookah bars.

I live there. Times have changed.

Original source...

There are 20 million illegal guns in Germany....if their criminals want to murder each other they have the guns to do it....they choose not to commit murder...that is a choice, gun control has nothing to do with stopping them...

Germany has 5.5 million guns belonging to 1.4 million people | Daily Mail Online

According to data from the German Firearms Register, there are almost 5.5 million guns in private ownership belonging to 1.4 million people.

But research by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung in January estimated there are up to 20 million illegal firearms in Germany.

Original source...

There are 20 million illegal guns in Germany....if their criminals want to murder each other they have the guns to do it....they choose not to commit murder...that is a choice, gun control has nothing to do with stopping them...

Germany has 5.5 million guns belonging to 1.4 million people | Daily Mail Online

According to data from the German Firearms Register, there are almost 5.5 million guns in private ownership belonging to 1.4 million people.

But research by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung in January estimated there are up to 20 million illegal firearms in Germany.
Cool info. So what's the homicide rate in Germany?

Original source...

Cool info. So what's the homicide rate in Germany?

Don't know or care.......

How does German gun control keep criminals from using guns to murder each other?

Please...explain.

Add another atrocity to the right wing battle flag.

That was not stopped by the worthless stupid gun control laws.
No way to tally how many were prevented by those gun control laws. You can check the homicide rate, though.

Has no bearing on the gun murder rate of criminals.......the weapon of choice for French and Swedish criminals is the fully automatic military rifle....and grenades, in Sweden.....their murder rates are low.

Murder is a voluntary act, they have guns, they just don't use them to commit murder......but that too is changing.......

Forum List

Back