At least 21,579 gun laws in towns,counties,states alone.. what will more do?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
A) but there are about 18,443 towns (after taking out bouroughs and counties).
Source: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/..
B) there are 3,086 counties There are HOW MANY Counties in the US ?
C) There are 50 states.

It is conceivable that every town, every county ever state has at least ONE or more laws regarding fire arms .

That is 21,579 laws regarding fire arms.

That number DOES NOT include the following Federal gun laws.

Federal gun laws are enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).[1] Most federal gun laws were enacted through:
National Firearms Act (1934)
Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (1968)
Gun Control Act of 1968 (1968)
Firearm Owners Protection Act (1986)
Undetectable Firearms Act (1988)
Gun-Free School Zones Act (1990) (ruled unconstitutional as originally written; has been upheld repeatedly after minor edits were made by Congress)
Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (1993)
Federal Assault Weapons Ban (1994–2004) (expired)
Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (2005)
Gun law in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What will MORE laws do?????

So would one more gun law make any difference then the approximately 21,000 laws that cities,counties,states and the Federal Government have on the books?

More importantly why aren't these laws being enforced rather the calling for more laws?

Criminals could care less if there's 20 thousand or 20 million gun laws on the books. And lefties will never understand that.

I agree!

And what is worse is Obama calling for MORE gun laws WHEN his administration is NOT enforcing laws on the books!
President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws,
cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.
Gun prosecutions under Obama down more than 45 percent | WashingtonExaminer.com

$Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 10.50.59 AM.png

AGAIN... I'm asking all you people that want MORE GUN LAWS...

Is more then 21,000 gun laws NOT ENOUGH?

If the Federal government has reduced gun prosecutions by 40% under Obama, why in the hell is it necessary to
have MORE LAWS....IF THE CURRENT LAWS aren't enforced???

$Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 1.00.38 PM.png

A) but there are about 18,443 towns (after taking out bouroughs and counties).
Source: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/..
B) there are 3,086 counties There are HOW MANY Counties in the US ?
C) There are 50 states.

It is conceivable that every town, every county ever state has at least ONE or more laws regarding fire arms .

That is 21,579 laws regarding fire arms.

That number DOES NOT include the following Federal gun laws.

Federal gun laws are enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).[1] Most federal gun laws were enacted through:
National Firearms Act (1934)
Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (1968)
Gun Control Act of 1968 (1968)
Firearm Owners Protection Act (1986)
Undetectable Firearms Act (1988)
Gun-Free School Zones Act (1990) (ruled unconstitutional as originally written; has been upheld repeatedly after minor edits were made by Congress)
Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (1993)
Federal Assault Weapons Ban (1994–2004) (expired)
Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (2005)
Gun law in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What will MORE laws do?????

Get rid of all the exceptions that neutralize preceding statutes in the current laws. Don't need new ones.

For example: Go to the State of Connecticut and read their new assault gun ownership law. It's a joke.

If the Federal government has reduced gun prosecutions by 40% under Obama, why in the hell is it necessary to

View attachment 30390

What's wrong, Attention Queen? Can't you find a bigger font?

Gun-control laws failed Connecticut children

Lanza, therefore, if you count theft, murder and breaking and entering – since CBS New York now reports it likely Lanza broke into the school through a window to circumvent a locked-door and intercom security system – would have violated a half-dozen laws in his crime, including the following gun-control statutes:

First, Connecticut law requires a person be over 21 to possess a handgun. Lanza was 20.

Second, Connecticut requires a permit to carry a pistol on one’s person, a permit Lanza did not have.

Third, it is unlawful in Connecticut to possess a firearm on public or private elementary or secondary school property, a statute Lanza clearly ignored.

Fourth, with details on the Bushmaster rifle still sketchy, it’s possible Lanza may have violated a Connecticut law banning possession of “assault weapons.”

Of course, these laws were violated because Lanza did not own any of the firearms in question, but rather stole them, and he clearly had no regard for the law in committing his crime.

If they just had another law or two it probably would have stopped him. I'm sure the threshold for him would have been 6.
He was willing to break 6 laws...but he would have probably drawn the line there....not 7.:doubt:

View attachment 30390

What's wrong, Attention Queen? Can't you find a bigger font?

Obviously still hasn't worked for you! You still keep begging for "more laws"...when all your bud needs do is enforce the ones on the books!

Lanza, therefore, if you count theft, murder and breaking and entering – since CBS New York now reports it likely Lanza broke into the school through a window to circumvent a locked-door and intercom security system – would have violated a half-dozen laws in his crime, including the following gun-control statutes:

First, Connecticut law requires a person be over 21 to possess a handgun. Lanza was 20.

Second, Connecticut requires a permit to carry a pistol on one’s person, a permit Lanza did not have.

Third, it is unlawful in Connecticut to possess a firearm on public or private elementary or secondary school property, a statute Lanza clearly ignored.

Fourth, with details on the Bushmaster rifle still sketchy, it’s possible Lanza may have violated a Connecticut law banning possession of “assault weapons.”

Of course, these laws were violated because Lanza did not own any of the firearms in question, but rather stole them, and he clearly had no regard for the law in committing his crime.

If they just had another law or two it probably would have stopped him. I'm sure the threshold for him would have been 6.
He was willing to break 6 laws...but he would have probably drawn the line there....not 7.:doubt:

So why the need for "MORE GUN LAWS"??? The recent school killing the first 3 victims were stabbed not covered by "gun laws!"
So you are right... more laws don't prevent the individual intent on breaking the law!

So why the need for "MORE GUN LAWS"??? The recent school killing the first 3 victims were stabbed not covered by "gun laws!"
So you are right... more laws don't prevent the individual intent on breaking the law!

Relax. I'm on your side.
Lanza also murdered his mother, stole her car and killed I don't remember how many kids...not to mention the attempted murder charges he would have collected.
I doubt he was concerned if he broke 10 laws or 1000.

Criminals could care less if there's 20 thousand or 20 million gun laws on the books. And lefties will never understand that.

As firearms can now be fashined in homes, I do. And that pesky 2nd Amendment controls in any event.

As firearms can now be fashined in homes, I do. And that pesky 2nd Amendment controls in any event.

You certainly don't engender confidence in your opinion if you don't pay attention to the little red dotted lines indicating the word is
"fashioned" not "fashined"!
See it is paying less attention to the details that seemingly keeps most people like you uninformed.
How can MORE gun laws or banning guns entirely help if people can't even read the laws in the first place... i.e. what is a "fashined" gun?

Relax. I'm on your side.
Lanza also murdered his mother, stole her car and killed I don't remember how many kids...not to mention the attempted murder charges he would have collected.

You don't remember how many kids he killed? We need more people like you in this country.

Given your logic, we don't need any laws against stealing cars either.

Relax. I'm on your side.

You don't remember how many kids he killed? We need more people like you in this country.

Obviously this is a VERY VERY BIG DEAL to you isn't? Wow! How many kids???

The FBI defines mass murder as:
“Four or more murders occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders."
According to the 2010 FBI crime data, since 1980, single victim killings have dropped by more than 40 percent. While that's very good news, there's a new sobering trend: Mass murders are on the rise. This New York Times article researched the frequency of mass murders. It found during the 20th century there were about one to two mass murders per decade until 1980. Then for no apparent reason they spiked, with nine during the 1980s and 11 in the 1990s. Since the year 2000 there have been at least 26, including the massacre in Aurora, Colorado.
Mass Murders Are On The Rise | Psychology Today

Add the numbers up:
So 1900 to 1980 there are 7 decades 2 mass murders of 4 or more equals less the 100 people killed.

from 1980 to 2000 there have been 46 mass shootings of 4 or more or 184 people killed.

From 1900 to 2010.. total people killed via mass shootings..less then 300!

300! And you have your little diaper in a wad over 300?
Hell 31,000 people die in car accidents EVERY YEAR and you are all bent out of shape for less then 10 a year???

Talk about hysteria. Hyperbole. Exaggeration! Why don't you get a little agitated about the facts that every day people are dying because of Obamacare!
How about that for hysteria?
4.2M Americans Dropped From Health Plans! How Many Americans Have Lost Their Health Insurance Under ObamaCare? | Fox News Insider
If the same percentage of those 4.2 million as % died of mass shootings because they were dropped due to Obamacare why aren't you pissed then?

Relax. I'm on your side.

*yawn*

Nice diversion.

Forum List

Back