AT - After Trump

You see, this is where you are confused... You actually think there's a "Cheney Wing" to start with. And there really isn't a McConnel Wing.

The Republicans are a coalition of different interest groups. Those being.

The Evangelical, religious zealots
The Gun fetishist ammosexual wing.
The Libertarian Children
The business/corporate WIng that really runs everything.

For years, the last group manipulated the other three groups by playing on their racial, religious and sexual fears. Trump kind of upended that by replacing the various dogwhistles with bullhorns.

Well, I'll agree you have no idea.

DeSantis seemed to have a moment in the sun because he was the only bright spot in a disappointing midterm where the GOP didn't win all the races they were convinced they were going to win. If he were on the national ticket, he'd probably carry all the states Trump carried in 2020, but not much beyond that. (Unless the economy really goes south next year.)

The real problem with any of these people is that if they win the nomination in 2024, Trump will run as a third party candidate and Biden wins again.

The big X factor is whether Trump wins or loses in 2024. If he loses, the GOP might do the soul searching that you can't win by just appealing to the worst people. If he wins, they will keep doing that.
None of the groups you mention are actually elected or have held office.
Coming out and calling yourself an "ammosexual" as your only claim to office is a sure path to a big loss.

The three I mention are actual current/former elected officials who represent groups witthin the party.
If you've other names to suggest I'm willing to listen.
For example, who has come out and said "I represent the corporate wing" and all my actions will go toward supporting their desires?"

AND

As your response clearly shows you have no idea either. The difference is I don't pretend to know what I don't know.

You could also ask for the sake of argument what happens if Biden dies before the election. That might be a more likely scenario. Anyway for the sake of discussion what happens next after Trump? Some other republican defeats the doddering old fool.

He is very healthy.
Not going to Russia.
He loves the USA too much to back out now.

No path.
So you're incapable of understanding the premise.
Why not say that.

He gets run over by a SS driven golf cart while trying to steal someones putter.
Lot's of viable scenarios.
You could also ask for the sake of argument what happens if Biden dies before the election. That might be a more likely scenario. Anyway for the sake of discussion what happens next after Trump? Some other republican defeats the doddering old fool.
So you're still incapable of understanding the premise.
Still not surprising.

So you're incapable of understanding the premise.
Why not say that.

He gets run over by a SS driven golf cart while trying to steal someones putter.
Lot's of viable scenarios.

So you're still incapable of understanding the premise.
Still not surprising.

I simply don't accept your premise.
Being as you are a loon, I suspect that happens a lot.

I simply don't accept your premise.
Being as you are a loon, I suspect that happens a lot.
The premise is simple.
Made that way so even the tiny minded could understand.
I guess I should have targeted the tiniest minds so as to include you.

the republican candidates are weak and scared to stand up to Trump.
They are all scared of Trump, because they if they stand up to him, they will be "primaried" like Liz Cheney and Adam Kissinger guy. Republican politicians only care about their jobs and power and would not risk losing them.

All the weak GOP candidates bent the knee and conceded to Trump when they signaled Trump did nothing wrong when he illegally stole top secret documents, then lied about possessing them, then tried to hide them.
They have no chance.
The Republican candidates, save Ramaswamy, are just as corrupt as any Democrat and also owned by China or globalists.

What comes after Trump? The left lynching whoever the next R nominee is. They've been shown how successful their tactic of doing it to Trump has been, so they'll continue on. Now impeachments, indictments, etc.. will be the new norm if an R ever makes it to the WH again.

Okay
Reword it.
OK
Trump DEAD
Trump not run president.
Who run?

There ya go. Nice and simple. I left out the adverbs and adjectives and used as few noun, pronouns, and verbs as possible.

I STILL doubt you'll be able to form a cogent response.

But who wins the GOP nomination how and why?
You know what?

To regain their integrity, conservatism, and their moral compass, the GOP may need to lose a few elections while they purge the cancer in their ranks.

But then they would come back stronger than ever.

It's become about power to them instead of country. And that is destroying the country.

You know what?

To regain their integrity, conservatism, and their moral compass, the GOP may need to lose a few elections while they purge the cancer in their ranks.

But then they would come back stronger than ever.

It's become about power to them instead of country. And that is destroying the country.
So the Biblical "wander the desert for 40 years for worshipping false idols?"
Possibly.

Sadly, AT produces nothing for the GOP.
That is what I'm trying to understand.

Personally, I think most of the GOP is cheering what's going on now with Trump hoping that DoJ takes Trump out because they're too cowardly to do it themselves.

That is what I'm trying to understand.

Personally, I think most of the GOP is cheering what's going on now with Trump hoping that DoJ takes Trump out because they're too cowardly to do it themselves.
Or, they're worried that they don't have a replacement. DeSantos? That's laughable. There must be someone with conservative values that can come to the rescue. Mike Pence comes to mind.

None of the groups you mention are actually elected or have held office.
Coming out and calling yourself an "ammosexual" as your only claim to office is a sure path to a big loss.

Well, no, they won't call themselves an "Ammosexual"... they'll call themselves something like 'Second Amendment Patriot" like Majority Taylor Green or Lauren "Who's my Daddy" Boebert. They can propose the most insane gun laws, and STILL get re-elected, easily.

The three I mention are actual current/former elected officials who represent groups witthin the party.
Except they really don't. The individual politicians court all the major factions, but they know to take care of the Corporate Class.

It's why the Rich keep getting tax cuts but it took 50 years to overturn Roe v. Wade.

If you've other names to suggest I'm willing to listen.
For example, who has come out and said "I represent the corporate wing" and all my actions will go toward supporting their desires?"

See above. Also stop being stupid, you are whinier than George Takei.

As your response clearly shows you have no idea either. The difference is I don't pretend to know what I don't know.

Actually, I was a Republican for about 30 years (before the party got too crazy for me.) I understand the dynamics perfectly well. Lived in Republican DuPage County for 17 years.

Maybe you aren't picturing Joe Biden at age 83-86? About a year from now. After falling a few more times, and a few hundred more gaffes.
No one will vote for too old Joe Biden. No one wants him as president now.
Or the scenario that could be worst case for Dems. They give Xiden the nomination by cancelling all the debates so he doesn’t speak and show how far he’s fallen. Then (given his age and decline, this is certainly possible) he falls or suffers a health episode and passes away in October of 2024. Too late to put a replacement on the ballot.

Or, they're worried that they don't have a replacement. DeSantos? That's laughable. There must be someone with conservative values that can come to the rescue. Mike Pence comes to mind.
Sorry. Pence is persona non grata in the GOP.
A decade ago he's be the favorite as "next in line" but his failure to destroy the Constitution in sevice to Trump killed him with the GOP.

This will be interesting.
AT, does to GOP normalize or become even more radical.

One of the problems I have with "headhunting" as a policy, that is killing off the leaders of a group is that, in general, the leaders are a moderating force. So when they kill bin Laden, a more radical guy takes his place. It happened in the GOP. You could see it starting in 2010 when they began eating their own and replacing them with first,
1686838337249.jpeg

Then, believe it or not, those people weren't "conservative" enough so they were replaced with
images

And for some even these aren't radical enough and they want to replace them with ???

Well, no, they won't call themselves an "Ammosexual"... they'll call themselves something like 'Second Amendment Patriot" like Majority Taylor Green or Lauren "Who's my Daddy" Boebert. They can propose the most insane gun laws, and STILL get re-elected, easily.

Except they really don't. The individual politicians court all the major factions, but they know to take care of the Corporate Class.

It's why the Rich keep getting tax cuts but it took 50 years to overturn Roe v. Wade.

See above. Also stop being stupid, you are whinier than George Takei.

Actually, I was a Republican for about 30 years (before the party got too crazy for me.) I understand the dynamics perfectly well. Lived in Republican DuPage County for 17 years.
Sorry, Inline quotes make you appear well, insane. See above.

ALSO

What is it with you and George? Get a room already.

So with trump's indictment perhaps we should talk about the GOP after Trump.

For the sake of discussion let's assume, for whatever reason, on dec 1, 2023 Trump is no longer running for President. What happens next in the GOP?

This is not about Trump and attempts to discuss him will be reported

Traditionally, in the GOP, Mike Pence would be the most likely successor. But...ewww. Even the GOP doesn't like him.

Desantis
Christie
Abbott
Ernst
Cotten
Cruz
Hawley
Johnson
Langford
Paul
Rubio
The Scotts
Sanders
Kemp
Noem
Lee
Youngkin
...Romney???

And what happens during the primaries? Do the losers claim voter fraud and challenge the results in court? Perhaps delaying the nomination past the general?
Do the losing GOP candidates resort to violence because they feel they've been cheated?

Absent Trump who would win the GOP nomination?
How much actual support would they have from within the GOP base?

I'd like to have a serious discussion so please refrain from Democrats, Trump (except as an endorser), LBGTQ+, Ukraine, and religion.
Ummmmmmm, Trump leads the primary polling in every single state there is, by quite a bit. It would behoove you to take Trump seriously instead of writing him off.

Forum List

Back