At 2:45 p.m., or within one minute after shooting Ashli, Lt. Byrd made the following radio call:

The original report was that there was no asphixiation to George Floyd.
On May 29, 2020, the Hennepin County Coroner’s Office issued a press release that reported the preliminary findings to the Hennepin County Prosecutor’s Office as stating that the autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

Robert M. Paule and Natalie R. Paule, attorneys for Tou Thao, claimed in a motion filed on May 12 that Hennepin County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker changed his autopsy findings after he was threatened by the former DC chief medical examiner with a nasty column in The Washington Post, Law&Crime reported.

The Paules alleged in their motion that Baker received a call in the two days prior to the release of the autopsy report from former DC Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Roger Mitchell who reportedly told the Hennepin County ME he “should fire his public information officer” for releasing the initial statement that said the autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

“After the phone conversation between Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Baker, Dr. Mitchell decided he was going to release an op-ed critical of Dr. Baker’s findings in the Washington Post,” the motion read. “Dr. Mitchell first called Dr. Baker to let him know.”

Thao’s attorney alleged that Mitchell told Baker he didn’t want to be the smartest person in the room and be wrong and told him that neck compression had to be in the diagnosis, Law&Crime reported.

The Paules also pointed out in the motion that Mitchell went after former Maryland Chief Medical Examiner David Fowler after he testified on behalf of the defense and sent a letter asking for an investigation of Fowler’s medical license, Law&Crime reported.

“Less than 24 hours after receiving the letter, the Maryland Attorney General’s Office announced that there should be a review of all in custody death reports produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner during Dr. Fowler’s tenu[r]e,” the motion read.

“There is no discovery disclosed condoning Dr. Mitchell’s intimidation and coercion,” the defense filing reads. “This includes no documentation that the State reported Dr. Mitchell to the pertinent medical board(s) for his behavior and potential criminal activity.”

The original report was that there was no asphixiation to George Floyd.
On May 29, 2020, the Hennepin County Coroner’s Office issued a press release that reported the preliminary findings to the Hennepin County Prosecutor’s Office as stating that the autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

Robert M. Paule and Natalie R. Paule, attorneys for Tou Thao, claimed in a motion filed on May 12 that Hennepin County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker changed his autopsy findings after he was threatened by the former DC chief medical examiner with a nasty column in The Washington Post, Law&Crime reported.

The Paules alleged in their motion that Baker received a call in the two days prior to the release of the autopsy report from former DC Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Roger Mitchell who reportedly told the Hennepin County ME he “should fire his public information officer” for releasing the initial statement that said the autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

“After the phone conversation between Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Baker, Dr. Mitchell decided he was going to release an op-ed critical of Dr. Baker’s findings in the Washington Post,” the motion read. “Dr. Mitchell first called Dr. Baker to let him know.”

Thao’s attorney alleged that Mitchell told Baker he didn’t want to be the smartest person in the room and be wrong and told him that neck compression had to be in the diagnosis, Law&Crime reported.

The Paules also pointed out in the motion that Mitchell went after former Maryland Chief Medical Examiner David Fowler after he testified on behalf of the defense and sent a letter asking for an investigation of Fowler’s medical license, Law&Crime reported.

“Less than 24 hours after receiving the letter, the Maryland Attorney General’s Office announced that there should be a review of all in custody death reports produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner during Dr. Fowler’s tenu[r]e,” the motion read.

“There is no discovery disclosed condoning Dr. Mitchell’s intimidation and coercion,” the defense filing reads. “This includes no documentation that the State reported Dr. Mitchell to the pertinent medical board(s) for his behavior and potential criminal activity.”

Fake news, gramps. There is no new information.

And this clown gets lauded and a promotion. Disgraceful.

"At 2:45 p.m., or within one minute after shooting Ashli, Lt. Byrd made the following radio call:
405B. We got shots fired in the lobby. We got shots shots fired in the lobby of the House chamber. Shots are being fired at us and we’re sh, uhh, prepared to fire back at them. We have guns drawn. Please don’t leave that end. Don’t leave that end.
Approximately 35 seconds later, Lt. Byrd made another radio call, stating, “405B. We got an injured person. I believe that person was shot.” In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers. The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli. He heard the loud noise of the gunshot. He saw her fall backwards from the window frame.
The facts speak truth. Ashli was ambushed when she was shot by Lt. Byrd. Multiple witnesses at the scene yelled, 'you just murdered her.'
Lt. Byrd was never charged or otherwise punished or disciplined for Ashli’s homicide."

There’s no statute of limitations on murder

"At 2:45 p.m., or within one minute after shooting Ashli, Lt. Byrd made the following radio call:
405B. We got shots fired in the lobby. We got shots shots fired in the lobby of the House chamber. Shots are being fired at us and we’re sh, uhh, prepared to fire back at them. We have guns drawn. Please don’t leave that end. Don’t leave that end.
Approximately 35 seconds later, Lt. Byrd made another radio call, stating, “405B. We got an injured person. I believe that person was shot.” In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers. The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli. He heard the loud noise of the gunshot. He saw her fall backwards from the window frame.
The facts speak truth. Ashli was ambushed when she was shot by Lt. Byrd. Multiple witnesses at the scene yelled, 'you just murdered her.'
Lt. Byrd was never charged or otherwise punished or disciplined for Ashli’s homicide."

If Babbit were black, you would be the first one claiming that the officer needed a promotion for doing his job.

There’s no statute of limitations on murder
So I checked the link on X. No mention of that radio call on the judicial watch press release. It has a link to the actual complaint. Looked for that radio call. Referred too but not verbatim.

Makes me doubt the veracity of the claim. Considering they did provide a transcript from another call that was made over the radio that day.

Let us just assume the call exists and is actually as it's claimed. The only thing it would prove that the situation was confused. Something the complaint itself actually uses to try to assert negligence in other parts of the complaint.

In order to win this claim Judicial watch will have to overcome qualified immunity. Purely going by what is in the complaint that's not going to happen. Since gross negligence needs to be established.

If in order to get there you have to both concede that the situation was chaotic and the officer somehow still would have to have been able too somehow taken out time too investigate the veracity of the information he was getting at the time. Gross negligence is going to be impossible to prove.

Not to mention the fact that some of the stuff in the filing I know to be untrue because I've seen the security footage of the incident.

So I checked the link on X. No mention of that radio call on the judicial watch press release. It has a link to the actual complaint. Looked for that radio call. Referred too but not verbatim.

Makes me doubt the veracity of the claim. Considering they did provide a transcript from another call that was made over the radio that day.

Let us just assume the call exists and is actually as it's claimed. The only thing it would prove that the situation was confused. Something the complaint itself actually uses to try to assert negligence in other parts of the complaint.

In order to win this claim Judicial watch will have to overcome qualified immunity. Purely going by what is in the complaint that's not going to happen. Since gross negligence needs to be established.

If in order to get there you have to both concede that the situation was chaotic and the officer somehow still would have to have been able too somehow taken out time too investigate the veracity of the information he was getting at the time. Gross negligence is going to be impossible to prove.

Not to mention the fact that some of the stuff in the filing I know to be untrue because I've seen the security footage of the incident.
I can’t vouch for the veracity of the transcript.

But you’re claiming that if it is true, the killing is fully justified because of “confusion?”

Huh?

The situation, at that scene was not chaotic. The police officers were standing flat footed in the hallway. No one was shooting at them. No one was throwing anything at them. They weren’t ducking for cover.

If Lieutenant Byrd was confused, he must’ve started the day confused, because there was nothing in that scene that was confusing

Last edited:
I can’t vouch for the veracity of the transcript.

But you’re claiming that if it is true, the killing is fully justified because of “confusion?”

Huh?

The situation, and that scene was not chaotic. The police officers were standing flat footed in the hallway. No one was shooting at them. No one was throwing anything at them. They weren’t ducking for cover.

If Lieutenant Byrd was confused, he must’ve started the day confused, because there was nothing in that scene that was confusing
I'm claiming that in order to overcome qualified immunity, that plaintiff would have to be able to prove gross negligence beyond a reasonable doubt. Not by a preponderance of the evidence.

If you concede that the officers themselves didn't really know what's going on. Relying on a call that shots were fired at officers when they weren't, in order to prove gross negligence, is going to be impossible.

I simply read the complaint, and what they said.

Last edited:
Ashli was a terrorist leading an assault on Congressional chambers

Officer Byrd is a hero who protected 40 Congress members from an irate mob
An unarmed terrorist?
These are the most ardent enforcers of Second Amendment rights. If they intended an "Insurrection" why wouldn't they all use weapons?

What group expects to "overthrow" govt by protesting with signs but no weapons?

SAY HER NAME !!!

Byrd is a demon …

Ashli was a terrorist leading an assault on Congressional chambers

Officer Byrd is a hero who protected 40 Congress members from an irate mob
There were tons of police officers right behind Ashli …. She and the crowd never posed Any kind of violent threat

Evil people applaud her death.

Byrd is a demon.

Cops killed a terrorist attacking the Congressional chamber.
She got what she deserved
You will never get around the fact that Ashli was surrounded by tons of cops..thus she and those around her never posed any threat.

It’s telling that the January 6 protesters killed nobody. Compared to the vicious evil BLM rioters who murdered over 20 people in one summer …

All you and your supporters have are media talking points, and even some of you folks use personal attacks and keep repeating the same points that are debunked easily

The Democrats sudden lionizing of police is the only thing that’s confusing here. They spent most 2020 hating on police at every turn.

Then, suddenly, January 6, 2021, and these particular police are heroes. Why? Four gunning down a Trumper? I guess a lot of them would like to do that. Probably would have by now, if they were not so afraid of firearms.

It’s not even just heroes. Apparently they are also infallible saints who can do no wrong, no matter how much evidence that they did wrong.

I'm claiming that in order to overcome qualified immunity, that plaintiff would have to be able to prove gross negligence beyond a reasonable doubt. Not by a preponderance of the evidence.
Gross negligence implied they didn’t mean to do it. It appeared very deliberate to me in the video. What is your evidence that they didn’t mean to do what they did?
If you concede that the officers themselves didn't really know what's going on. Relying on a call that shots were fired at officers when they weren't, in order to prove gross negligence, is going to be impossible.
They knew what was going on there in the hallway. They were calmly standing around. A woman broke a window, stuck her head in the window and lieutenant bird fatally shot her.

If Lieutenant bird truly called in “shots fired“ when he knew that there were no shots fired, or had no reason to believe that there were shots fired, then, yes, it was premeditated murder. He was laying down his excuse which indicates guilty knowledge of his plan to shoot an unarmed person.
I simply read the complaint, and what they said.
Why do you feel you need to write as if you are lieutenant birds attorney? Nobody else should be willing to bend the truth. And twist the facts as much as you are doing.

I just wonder what is your motivation? Is your hatred of Trump supporters that strong that you truly believe that anyone who shot one must’ve been in the right, regardless of how much evidence is presented otherwise? if that’s the case, you are not alone. Lieutenant birds getting off got free evidence of that.

By the way, are you claiming that Lieutenant bird is highly susceptible to confusion? If so, is your evidence that he has a history of being confused over whether his firearm should be carefully secured on his person or locked up or Can safely be left unguarded in a bathroom stall?

Gross negligence implied they didn’t mean to do it. It appeared very deliberate to me in the video. What is your evidence that they didn’t mean to do what they did?

They knew what was going on there in the hallway. They were calmly standing around. A woman broke a window, stuck her head in the window and lieutenant bird fatally shot her.

If Lieutenant bird truly called in “shots fired“ when he knew that there were no shots fired, or had no reason to believe that there were shots fired, then, yes, it was premeditated murder. He was laying down his excuse which indicates guilty knowledge of his plan to shoot an unarmed person.

Why do you feel you need to write as if you are lieutenant birds attorney? Nobody else should be willing to bend the truth. And twist the facts as much as you are doing.

I just wonder what is your motivation? Is your hatred of Trump supporters that strong that you truly believe that anyone who shot one must’ve been in the right, regardless of how much evidence is presented otherwise? if that’s the case, you are not alone. Lieutenant birds getting off got free evidence of that.

By the way, are you claiming that Lieutenant bird is highly susceptible to confusion? If so, is your evidence that he has a history of being confused over whether his firearm should be carefully secured on his person or locked up or Can safely be left unguarded in a bathroom stall?
No, gross negligence when a cop fires his gun, means he did something egregiously out of the bounds of his duties. Like for instance sitting on someone's neck for nine minutes while people are yelling at the cop for 4 minutes that the guy has lost consciousness.
If Lieutenant bird truly called in “shots fired“ when he knew that there were no shots fired, or had no reason to believe that there were shots fired, then, yes, it was premeditated murder.
Again, beyond a reasonable doubt. You have to able to prove he couldn't have possible concluded shots were fired. And that he lied to claim it was a righteous shoot when he knew it wasn't.
Why do you feel you need to write as if you are lieutenant birds attorney?
I don't feel the need to write like I'm anyone's attorney. I feel the need, like I always do, to rely on what I myself can research using primary sources. Meaning I don't rely on a post on X, I don't rely on a press release, I rely on what is in the complaint. Forming my opinion on what I understand to be the relevant issues and applicable law. I put in a considerable amount of effort to form an independent conclusion. Note I'm not saying a by definition correct one.

This leads me to believe, that the complaint will be insufficient to overcome qualified immunity.

No, gross negligence when a cop fires his gun, means he did something egregiously out of the bounds of his duties. Like for instance sitting on someone's neck for nine minutes while people are yelling at the cop for 4 minutes that the guy has lost consciousness.
I oppose that as much as I oppose the Ashley Babbitt killing. I oppose all police murders of civilians.
Again, beyond a reasonable doubt. You have to able to prove he couldn't have possible concluded shots were fired.
No, I only have to prove that he could not have reasonably concluded that shots were fired. Which I can by the tape, which contains no sound of gunfire until he fires his gun at an unarmed woman.
I don't feel the need to write like I'm anyone's attorney. I feel the need, like I always do, to rely on what I myself can research using primary sources. Meaning I don't rely on a post on X, I don't rely on a press release, I rely on what is in the complaint. Forming my opinion on what I understand to be the relevant issues and applicable law. I put in a considerable amount of effort to form an independent conclusion. Note I'm not saying a by definition correct one.
You clearly don’t rely on what you can see with your own eyes in the tape, either. You rely on what you’re told by the media to believe, appears to be the case.
This leads me to believe, that the complaint will be insufficient to overcome qualified immunity.
Oh, I’m sure that he will be granted “Democrat immunity” just as Joe Biden recently was.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back