Assad to Netanyahu: Help Me Control the Region and I Guarantee You a Calm Golan

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
When lions lay down with sheep!

A Kuwaiti news website on Friday cited a source saying Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has received a message from Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, in which Assad vowed to keep the Golan as a demilitarized zone, and the rest of Syria committed to a cease-fire with Israel, if Netanyahu commits to not engaging Israel in an effort to topple Assad.

The source commented that Assad was saying to Netanyahu, in effect: “Help me to control my region and I guarantee calm for Israel in the Golan Heights.”

Commenting on rumors that former US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk is slated to be President Hillary Clinton’s special envoy on the peace process between Israel and its neighbors, the source told the news website that Israel is very concerned over a report that was prepared by Indyk for President Bill Clinton about the Golan Heights. Israel is anxious to point US attention to the fact that the situation on south Syria and south Lebanon has been altered by the five-year civil war, and American notions about returning the Golan to Syria are absurd under these circumstances. Assad apparently wishes to take advantage of an opportunity to strike a deal with the Israelis to secure their neutrality in the war.

Read more at Assad to Netanyahu: Help Me Control the Region and I Guarantee You a Calm Golan - Breaking Israel News | Israel Latest News, Israel Prophecy News

The Israelis know Assad is the lesser of two evils. It wouldn't surprise me if they would try to get some concessions from Assad in exchange for covert assistance, but the Israelis aren't going to do anything to topple Assad.

When lions lay down with sheep!

A Kuwaiti news website on Friday cited a source saying Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has received a message from Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, in which Assad vowed to keep the Golan as a demilitarized zone, and the rest of Syria committed to a cease-fire with Israel, if Netanyahu commits to not engaging Israel in an effort to topple Assad.

The source commented that Assad was saying to Netanyahu, in effect: “Help me to control my region and I guarantee calm for Israel in the Golan Heights.”

Commenting on rumors that former US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk is slated to be President Hillary Clinton’s special envoy on the peace process between Israel and its neighbors, the source told the news website that Israel is very concerned over a report that was prepared by Indyk for President Bill Clinton about the Golan Heights. Israel is anxious to point US attention to the fact that the situation on south Syria and south Lebanon has been altered by the five-year civil war, and American notions about returning the Golan to Syria are absurd under these circumstances. Assad apparently wishes to take advantage of an opportunity to strike a deal with the Israelis to secure their neutrality in the war.

Read more at Assad to Netanyahu: Help Me Control the Region and I Guarantee You a Calm Golan - Breaking Israel News | Israel Latest News, Israel Prophecy News

So all you have is an islamonazi source that has no supporting evidence of this. Then use it to go off topic in the same post

The Israelis know Assad is the lesser of two evils. It wouldn't surprise me if they would try to get some concessions from Assad in exchange for covert assistance, but the Israelis aren't going to do anything to topple Assad.
Precisely, in fact we both have bigger worries than a long beard conflict.

Bleipriester

Bleipriester
Yes, this conflict should finally end. The big question is if the Israeli government´s agenda allows a final settlement.

Bleipriester
Yes, this conflict should finally end. The big question is if the Israeli government´s agenda allows a final settlement.
Any progress is a progress my friend.

Bleipriester
We have to wait for Netanyahu´s response before we can speak of a progress.

The fact that Assad is still standing tells you all you need to know.

Roudy, BLEIPRIESTER, DANIYEL, STEVEN_R, Vigilanti, et al,

Is there any corroboration by the Government of Israel (GOI)?

This story just seems to feel wrong...

(COMMENT)

In a new interview with Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen TV, Syrian Grand Mufti Ahmad Hassoun, one of the nation’s top religious leaders, accused the Syrian rebel forces of being in league with Israel, claiming they’d repeatedly made offers of a peace deal centered around Assad making concessions to Israel.
SOURCE: By Jason Ditz | Antiwar.com | April 6, 2016

Why, would anyone in their right mind, give-up the advantage of the high ground, and believe in a promise made by Syria? Syria has twice crossed their borders for the purpose of engaging Israeli Forces. Syria still follows the "Three No's" of 1967. Syria has made no effort to develop a dialog for peace.

Something just doesn't feel right in this story...

(SIDE BAR)

I had to chuckle when I say this!!!

The religious leader (Syrian Grand Mufti Ahmad Hassoun) went on to say that “40,000 Muslims from Europe are fighting in Syria,” complaining that none of them are fighting for the liberation of Palestinian.

Why should anyone consider believing anything that comes out of Syria, when the Islamic Leader (Grand Mufti) wants to encourage more fighters to join the Arab-Israeli Conflict on the side of the Hostile Arab Palestinians. This runs counter to the proscription of Incitement, Propaganda, and External Interference (Article 2(4), UN Charter).

A/RES/34/102 Settlement by peaceful means of disputes between States
A/RES/2/110 Measures to be taken against propaganda and the inciters of a new war
A/RES/25/2625 Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States,​

Most Respectfully,
R

Roudy, BLEIPRIESTER, DANIYEL, STEVEN_R, Vigilanti, et al,

Is there any corroboration by the Government of Israel (GOI)?

This story just seems to feel wrong...

(COMMENT)

In a new interview with Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen TV, Syrian Grand Mufti Ahmad Hassoun, one of the nation’s top religious leaders, accused the Syrian rebel forces of being in league with Israel, claiming they’d repeatedly made offers of a peace deal centered around Assad making concessions to Israel.
SOURCE: By Jason Ditz | Antiwar.com | April 6, 2016

Why, would anyone in their right mind, give-up the advantage of the high ground, and believe in a promise made by Syria? Syria has twice crossed their borders for the purpose of engaging Israeli Forces. Syria still follows the "Three No's" of 1967. Syria has made no effort to develop a dialog for peace.

Something just doesn't feel right in this story...

(SIDE BAR)

I had to chuckle when I say this!!!

The religious leader (Syrian Grand Mufti Ahmad Hassoun) went on to say that “40,000 Muslims from Europe are fighting in Syria,” complaining that none of them are fighting for the liberation of Palestinian.

Why should anyone consider believing anything that comes out of Syria, when the Islamic Leader (Grand Mufti) wants to encourage more fighters to join the Arab-Israeli Conflict on the side of the Hostile Arab Palestinians. This runs counter to the proscription of Incitement, Propaganda, and External Interference (Article 2(4), UN Charter).

A/RES/34/102 Settlement by peaceful means of disputes between States
A/RES/2/110 Measures to be taken against propaganda and the inciters of a new war
A/RES/25/2625 Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States,​

Most Respectfully,
R
Israel doesn't believe a word coming out of Assad, it has decided on its own to chose the evil it knows vs the other evil that is unpredictable and out of control. And that is why Assad is still standing.

Had Israel perceived Assad as a imminent threat to its national security, he would have been removed three years ago, when the shit hit the fan in Syria. Israel still reserves the right to act against Assad's terrorist proxies when it chooses to.

Bleipriester

It will be , duh , we are the ones supplying the rebels. We want you gone and we want to put one of our men in charge of Syria, because we want to control Syria and Lebanon.

et al,

The response will certainly be interesting.

Bleipriester

It will be , duh , we are the ones supplying the rebels. We want you gone and we want to put one of our men in charge of Syria, because we want to control Syria and Lebanon.
(COMMENT)

While it will be based on the politics of the day and the risk assessment they make, I don't see an advantage.

If the IDF gets entangled with the DAESH threat or revolutionaries in Syria, it will turn-out to be a serious drain on the defense budget.

But again, that is a domestic consideration.

Most Respectfully,
R

Bleipriester

So you admit that Ass*ad have contacts with zionazis!
Offering the Golan in couterpart of helping end the revolution!

Bleipriester

That being from the branch of islamic extremism that you are a follower of. Imagine what the M.E minus Israel would be like if the west just let them get on with it, there would be no oil flowing and dead bodies piled up high. Disease would be ravaging the population and the death rate would be around 90%. And best of all there would be no palestine to worry about as they would have been used as cannon fodder to feed the internal wars

Bleipriester

Were did he say that, you really need to learn English

Bleipriester

That being from the branch of islamic extremism that you are a follower of. Imagine what the M.E minus Israel would be like if the west just let them get on with it, there would be no oil flowing and dead bodies piled up high. Disease would be ravaging the population and the death rate would be around 90%. And best of all there would be no palestine to worry about as they would have been used as cannon fodder to feed the internal wars

Its hard but I imagine it'd be a lot more peaceful.

Bleipriester

There ya go with your ignorance again. Even countries that are blood enemies like the US and N. Korea have ways to send and receive messages to each other.

BULLSHIT it would be just another islamonazi hell hole that would demand nuclear technology so they could destroy the world.

BULLSHIT it would be just another islamonazi hell hole that would demand nuclear technology so they could destroy the world.

All I see is us destroying other countries. If only we could leave those Arab countries alone, they would not want to come to Europe or the US, but hey I'd run from bombs too.

Forum List

Back