As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Why was a 6 year old child at such a movie?????

You ask the obvious question. Clearly, this was no place for a six year old. Proper parents don't take their kids to violent movies at midnight, they tuck them up in bed. I want to know what the hell her mother was thinking.

You ask the obvious question. Clearly, this was no place for a six year old. Proper parents don't take their kids to violent movies at midnight, they tuck them up in bed. I want to know what the hell her mother was thinking.

probably regretting it now. I dont get it. Id never even consider taking my daughter to a midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises. Heck, I wouldn't take her to a midnight showing of Brave.

You dont take children to violent movies like that. Im all for Batman and I cant wait to see the movie, but this just makes me absolutely crazy.

Most likely she wasn't thinking. And if she was, I don't want to know. Stupid and irresponsible is stupid and irresponsible.

probably regretting it now. I dont get it. Id never even consider taking my daughter to a midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises. Heck, I wouldn't take her to a midnight showing of Brave.

You dont take children to violent movies like that. Im all for Batman and I cant wait to see the movie, but this just makes me absolutely crazy.

I saw Prometheus the other month and there were kids in the audience. And when I went to see Ted a few weeks ago, there was a 7 year old girl there! NOT an appropriate movie for a young child!

I saw Prometheus the other month and there were kids in the audience. And when I went to see Ted a few weeks ago, there was a 7 year old girl there! NOT an appropriate movie for a young child!

I don't get it. My parents never took me to Violent movies. I think the most violent movie I saw in Theatres was Star Trek or Masters of the Universe.

I am not even sure I should be seeing half these movies anymore. They are well made, entertaining, and have great effects but they are just too violent and inappropriate. I dont want to fill my life with violence.

Different times between her's and your's and mine. The mother was probably young maybe mid 20's and wanted to be hip and with the times and throw in a little lack of experience. So try and not be too hard on her I'm sure she's hurting enough.

Different times between her's and your's and mine. The mother was probably young maybe mid 20's and wanted to be hip and with the times and throw in a little lack of experience. So try and not be too hard on her I'm sure she's hurting enough.

Not being hard on her at all. Im questioning the direction or society is going where even a young mother would do something like this.

And if it wasn't for people like you and the author of that bullshit oped more people would not feel the stigma of owning a gun and would carry one where they went and there would be fewer no gun zones and even fewer mass murders.

Oh please accept my apology all you poor folk who feel threatened by "people like me". I am soooo sorry for hurting your feelings with my gun disapproval. Poor petals. Aww, what can I do to make you feel better... Sweep it under the carpet?? Please, how can I ever make YOU feel better about the gun in YOUR pocket that makes YOU feel secure..
The article you posted is nothing but an irrational whine by someone overshelmed by his emotions, brought about by a tragic event. There's not an ounce of logic or reason or thought in any of it - not an ounce.

This is, of course, the liberal way.

Whatever you say, "M14 Shooter"

Next post coming up is for ya.

I'd like to preface this long tweet by saying that my passion comes from my deepest sympathy and shared sorrow with yesterday's victims and with the utmost respect for the people and the police/fire/medical/political forces of Aurora and all who seek to comfort and aid these victims.

This morning, I made a comment about how I do not understand people who support public ownership of assault style weapons like the AR-15 used in the Colorado massacre. see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15

That comment, has of course, inspired a lot of feedback. There have been many tweets of agreement and sympathy but many, many more that have been challenging at the least, hostile and vitriolic at the worst.

Clearly, the angry, threatened and threatening, hostile comments are coming from gun owners and gun advocates. Despite these massacres recurring and despite the 100,000 Americans that die every year due to domestic gun violence - these people see no value to even considering some kind of control as to what kinds of weapons are put in civilian hands.

Many of them cite patriotism as their reason - true patriots support the Constitution adamantly and wholly. Constitution says citizens have the right to bear arms in order to maintain organized militias. I'm no constitutional scholar so here it is from the document itself:

As passed by the Congress:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

So the patriots are correct, gun ownership is in the constitution - if you're in a well-regulated militia. Let's see what no less a statesman than Alexander Hamilton had to say about a militia:

"A tolerable expertness in military movements is a business that requires time and practice. It is not a day, or even a week, that will suffice for the attainment of it. To oblige the great body of the yeomanry, and of the other classes of the citizens, to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well-regulated militia, would be a real grievance to the people, and a serious public inconvenience and loss."

Read more HERE

Forum copyright and fair use policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety.

~Oddball

Proper parents aren't constrained by your opinion.

A note to all the jerks who are calling this mother a bad parent, she just lost her daughter because an asshole decided to shoot up a movie based on a comic book. Blaming her for that is absurd, you should all apologize to the entire planet for being lowlife scum.

Last edited:

It has a PG-13 rating, how violent do you think it is?

Amazing how the Left pays so much attention to "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state", but jumps through more hoops than a circus dog to ignore "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

What kind of rifle would you approve of? Oswald killed JFK with a bolt-action Mannlicher Carcano.
I would approve of any assault weapon or gun, to be in the hands of most people if it had some sort of smart technology on board in which I spoke of earlier within this thread. Right now we have people getting guns that are not even registering the guns or having to register them in certain states, then we have these guns falling into the hands of complete embassils/idiots who are straight out hell itself. The idle mind is the devils playhouse, and we have to many idle minds or game playing minds (X-box etc.) who have been conditioned to be able to do such things (training themslevs with these games), and then it is taken from the relm of fiction and on into the relm of reality, in which is another area to explore concerning these newly created kooks that are now living in this nation we have today, who are making use of our freedoms & theirs, but making use of them in the wrong ways.

Your smart technology idea is like a lot of Liberal ideas: they sound great in theory, but work poorly in practicality.

You do realize that technology can be defeated, don't you? If some guy can walk past you on the street with a device that steals your credit card numbers and your cell phone's info, what makes you think that they won't be able to do the same thing to your pistol, rifle or shotgun? How long will it be until some guy makes a device that he can carry in his pocket that simply turns your smart gun off while he robs or assaults you?

The drones that the military and CIA are flying over Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc., are some of the most cutting edge technology on the planet. Yet, Iran somehow managed to make one land. Some college students recently managed to spoof a drone's GPS system.

Identity theft happens all the time. People's email accounts get hacked. Bank servers get hacked. What makes you think that a smart gun can't get hacked or disabled?
Goes back to getting tougher on crime then, by re-instilling the fear into a criminals mind, that if he gets caught doing these things in which you say that he could do, will do, and already has done, then they will face dire consequences for their actions, like never seeing the light of day again etc. These crimes in which people are doing now, in which is upsetting the apple cart so terribly, and to the point of creating a wild west society again, needs hanging judges, hangings and electric chairs to return in order to meet the needs & challenges again, and this in order to get a society back in step and back on track once again. Going soft on crime like the liberals have done, is what has cost this country it's freedoms and liberty's. Of course the liberals want to claim everytime that their man is innocent, and that he is locked up for nothing and/or no reason at all, then if that don't work, they work tirelessly to make sure that he lives a good easy life in prison as best that he can. Just look at the accusations or charges against this nation in which they have claimed or made, and then look at the works by them over the years that has caused the nation to go soft on crime and the criminals who commit these heinus crimes... It is my take in which I may be wrong somewhat of my charges levied against them, but not wrong by much I don't figure looking back upon it all now. We can still have comprehensive reform of these things, and work on the smart technology as well just the same so no problem. I am glad you are thinking in ways to counter me, because it makes for progress in ones thinking about the next hump we all need to get over, so it is good.

Last edited:
Amazing how the Left pays so much attention to "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state", but jumps through more hoops than a circus dog to ignore "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
Is it really amazing to you, that they are looking for the hole in the words in ways that will give them what they want ?

Why not?

Because a 6 year old should be in bed at such a time.
Trying to make rules for a liberal minded family is fruitless, but the point should be still yet, that a 6 year old should be able to go anywhere in America, and at anytime, where as they are not threatened, molested or killed as they are being done in these ways today. I remember when I was six years old, that me and my sisters could walk from our house and through trailer parks, housing subdivisions and rural communities on halloween, and do it with absolutely no problems back in the 60's, and we had enough candy to last till Christmas because of this, but somehow all of this has gone very wrong now in America, and people know the reasons looking back now, but they are powerless to change these things, all due to the Feds & the ACLU along with others whom won't allow for anything to be changed back to the way that it was as far as a better balance in security and safety goes. Hollywood is also a HUGE problem now (major Obama donors), by what they have put out there for these idle minded teens to sit around and take in day in and day out, thus creating a generation of youth that is almost done before they even get started in life. Many areas that are out of whack or are whack to begin with we know about, and yet no one knows why this all came to be now in America ? Go Figure!

same reason a 3 month old was there

Thoughtless parents.

Have to agree.
Uh oh the thought police are on the job again, but you know what(?) just about anything hollywood these days is putting out, is bad for anyone under the age of 45 anymore, so is there any escaping it really ? I mean yes people can stay home and become hermits, never seeing the light of day anymore for them and their children, but that is unexceptable as well in America. Ohhhhh boy the tangled web that we all have allowed to be weaved around us now in America, as the spiders lay in wait for their American dinner to finally get to weak to resist anylonger.

People are just conforming more and more as sheep led to a slaughter, even with their young right their by their side.

Forum List

Back