As Democrats go hard Left, Hispanics head to the Center

bullshit joe.....people voted third party because they are sick and tired of the 2 parties and same old shit they offer.....self righteous my ass....and you voted for hillary because you are a democrat...

Actually, Hillary was only the second time I voted for a Democrat. I only voted for Obama in 2012 because I really, really hate Mormons.

Now, I'll be the first one to admit, I'm a lot more liberal than I was 15 years ago. Part of that is my disillusionment with the GOP's toadying to the investor class over the working class. (This is my big frustration with Vichy Mac. He'd be fine with the GOP if it weren't for the social conservative stuff.) But a large part of it is how the nuts have taken over the GOP.

But at the end of the day, voting for third parties is a useless endeavor. I blame the idiots who voted third party for Trump. You had a man whose own family knew he was unfit for the presidency, and you let him have the job anyway.

Nice to have a rare kindred spirit here.

As bad as that is in terms of hurting the organic growth of minorities, it also plays into the hands of the Right. It gives them reasonable material to add to their grievances.

You agree with the crazy person? That's special.

The reality is, racism is a key part of the GOP message. How do you think that they get all the stupid white people to vote for them.

It's the old joke. A Wall Street Guy, a Teabagger and a welfare mom are in a restaurant. A waiter brings out a dozen cookies and the Wall Street Guy wolfs down 11 of them, and then says to the Teabagger, "That welfare queen wants half your cookie."

bullshit joe.....people voted third party because they are sick and tired of the 2 parties and same old shit they offer.....self righteous my ass....and you voted for hillary because you are a democrat...

Actually, Hillary was only the second time I voted for a Democrat. I only voted for Obama in 2012 because I really, really hate Mormons.

Now, I'll be the first one to admit, I'm a lot more liberal than I was 15 years ago. Part of that is my disillusionment with the GOP's toadying to the investor class over the working class. (This is my big frustration with Vichy Mac. He'd be fine with the GOP if it weren't for the social conservative stuff.) But a large part of it is how the nuts have taken over the GOP.

But at the end of the day, voting for third parties is a useless endeavor. I blame the idiots who voted third party for Trump. You had a man whose own family knew he was unfit for the presidency, and you let him have the job anyway.
you let him have the job anyway.

sorry joe i didnt vote for trump...i was calling him an asshole during the primaries.....

you let him have the job anyway.

sorry joe i didnt vote for trump...i was calling him an asshole during the primaries.....
Joe is binary. Its either this or that. Sad life to live...

Funny, our mixed-race family was just talking about this last night.

The Democratic Party has long been depending on demographics to lead the way to a more progressive American future. My impression has always been that the party thought the elections of Obama in 2008 and 2012 were a sign that such a process had taken over. That was a major part of the shock of Trump's win.

This is why it's not a good idea to make long term assumptions. One large group has been virtually ignored by the Democratic Party for a long time (as it continues to push its PC/Identity Politics-soaked strategies), and it may not be a good idea for the party to keep making assumptions about the future:

In a recent New York Magazine interview, Democratic pollster David Shor weighed in on his party’s performance in the 2020 election. Based on the interview, it appears that Democrats continue to interpret 2022 in the context of demographics, race and class and less about voters’ belief systems and positions on issues.

Give him credit: Shor does recognize that white liberal elites are pushing the party to the left and alienating certain voter groups, including Hispanics.

“We’ve ended up in a situation where white liberals are more left wing than Black and Hispanic Democrats on pretty much every issue: taxes, health care, policing, and even on racial issues or various measures of ‘racial resentment,’” he told the magazine. “So as white liberals increasingly define the party’s image and messaging, that’s going to turn off nonwhite conservative Democrats and push them against us.”
Mixed racing ? It that like drag car vs. circle track ?

The Democratic Party has long been depending on demographics to lead the way to a more progressive American future. My impression has always been that the party thought the elections of Obama in 2008 and 2012 were a sign that such a process had taken over. That was a major part of the shock of Trump's win.

This is why it's not a good idea to make long term assumptions. One large group has been virtually ignored by the Democratic Party for a long time (as it continues to push its PC/Identity Politics-soaked strategies), and it may not be a good idea for the party to keep making assumptions about the future:

In a recent New York Magazine interview, Democratic pollster David Shor weighed in on his party’s performance in the 2020 election. Based on the interview, it appears that Democrats continue to interpret 2022 in the context of demographics, race and class and less about voters’ belief systems and positions on issues.

Give him credit: Shor does recognize that white liberal elites are pushing the party to the left and alienating certain voter groups, including Hispanics.

“We’ve ended up in a situation where white liberals are more left wing than Black and Hispanic Democrats on pretty much every issue: taxes, health care, policing, and even on racial issues or various measures of ‘racial resentment,’” he told the magazine. “So as white liberals increasingly define the party’s image and messaging, that’s going to turn off nonwhite conservative Democrats and push them against us.”

The democrats have not gone hard left.

When democrats start confiscating private property for the government to own, they will have gone hard left.

Please, stop with the exaggerations.

What exactly constitutes ‘hard left’?

Supporting the rights and protected liberties of gay and transgender Americans?

Defending the privacy rights of women?

Safeguarding the voting rights of all Americans?

Recognizing the due process rights of immigrants?

Promoting sound, responsible governance such as addressing the infrastructure crisis, ensuring the health and safety of working Americans, and repairing the relationship with America’s allies?

Democrats are the actual conservatives, seeking to preserve settled, accepted, and appropriate public policy.

You people have two open Holocaust deniers in Congress. Your governor in Virginia was in the KKK. You cheered when the cops killed an unarmed woman in DC in January. That's "hard left".

I know what you mean but your title should read "As Democrats go more hard authoritarian, Hispanics head for libertarianism"

What exactly constitutes ‘hard left’?

Supporting the rights and protected liberties of gay and transgender Americans?

Defending the privacy rights of women?

Safeguarding the voting rights of all Americans?

Recognizing the due process rights of immigrants?

Promoting sound, responsible governance such as addressing the infrastructure crisis, ensuring the health and safety of working Americans, and repairing the relationship with America’s allies?

Democrats are the actual conservatives, seeking to preserve settled, accepted, and appropriate public policy.

You people have two open Holocaust deniers in Congress. Your governor in Virginia was in the KKK. You cheered when the cops killed an unarmed woman in DC in January. That's "hard left".
jones is the dumbass who says political correctness does not exist...

rumor has it kids locked up in xiden’s cargo boxes, on the southern border, are disquising themselves as dnc brownshirts, insurrectionist like BLM, in hopes that Harris will pay for their bail

When democrats start confiscating private property for the government to own, they will have gone hard left.

On cultural issues, I think they have.

I've been saying this for years.

Minorities are liberals that love the American dream, they are liberals, not leftists.

The white upper class elites in America, which are highly trained intellectuals have technocratic dreams which rely on a leftist paradigm to shoe horn into the culture. . . they are overplaying their hand, IMO.
Nice to have a rare kindred spirit here.

As bad as that is in terms of hurting the organic growth of minorities, it also plays into the hands of the Right. It gives them reasonable material to add to their grievances.
I have been saying the same thing, Mac.

I call myself a liberal (not a leftist) and have for years.

A TRUE, REAL liberal is always a friend of mine.

You mean like this Joe Biden created program?
Joe Biden: Father of the Drug War's Asset Forfeiture Program

OMG.

Dana. . . you are too much.

"the DNC hasn't gone hard left until there are purges and there are "killing fields, cultural revolution and red terror,"

Anything short of that? Nope, not far enough.

iu

Which cultural issues?

Which cultural issues?
The many issues that fall under the categories of PC and Identity Politics. From race and sexuality to college campuses and sports.

Which cultural issues?
The many issues that fall under the categories of PC and Identity Politics. From race and sexuality to college campuses and sports.

The Tokyo Olympics marks the beginning of the end for the integrity of women's sports​

". . .There is almost no athletic organization that oversees women’s sports that is willing to push back on this. World Rugby has so far, but national rugby organizations have rejected its ban and invited biological men to join their competitions. The WNBA is willing to invite biological men, seeing as that it prioritizes woke politics over the product it puts on the court. And, of course, the International Olympic Committee has now opened the doors on one of the biggest stages in sports.

Even while Russia is banned from fielding a team for the next two Olympics over doping, the natural biological advantage of male puberty has received the green light for competition, so long as a mostly useless one-year minimum of testosterone suppression is adhered to. And with transgenderism being a growing trend, we are likely to see more athletes like Hubbard, Wolfe, and Telfer.

More biological men will be waiting in the wings to take Olympic spots, professional contracts, or college scholarships. Women’s sports will be forever distorted as record after record falls to biological men, as has been the case in Connecticut track. And the Tokyo Olympics will mark the beginning of that process, at the global stage, at the highest level of the sport."

Which cultural issues?

The Tokyo Olympics marks the beginning of the end for the integrity of women's sports​

". . .There is almost no athletic organization that oversees women’s sports that is willing to push back on this. World Rugby has so far, but national rugby organizations have rejected its ban and invited biological men to join their competitions. The WNBA is willing to invite biological men, seeing as that it prioritizes woke politics over the product it puts on the court. And, of course, the International Olympic Committee has now opened the doors on one of the biggest stages in sports.

Even while Russia is banned from fielding a team for the next two Olympics over doping, the natural biological advantage of male puberty has received the green light for competition, so long as a mostly useless one-year minimum of testosterone suppression is adhered to. And with transgenderism being a growing trend, we are likely to see more athletes like Hubbard, Wolfe, and Telfer.

More biological men will be waiting in the wings to take Olympic spots, professional contracts, or college scholarships. Women’s sports will be forever distorted as record after record falls to biological men, as has been the case in Connecticut track. And the Tokyo Olympics will mark the beginning of that process, at the global stage, at the highest level of the sport."
Yep, great example.

^^^That's how the left treats women.

Forum List

Back