Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals

Actually it relates directly to the topic… when individuals and corporations are offered such lightly fettered freedom as this country currently offers, they will most iften make choices which are not in the best interests of the society.

If the interests of society require the subjugation of a large portion of society, the choices are only made by the few who enjoy the freedom to do so.

That system, luckily, has died.

Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals : INTERNEWSCAST

Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals

ARTIFICIAL intelligence could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts have claimed.

In a new opinion piece for CNN, Peter Bergen says that for a while experts have speculated AI will replace humans in fields such as customer service, insurance underwriting, and manufacturing.
AI could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts say

AI could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts sayCredit: Getty
But now, Bergen has expressed concern that AI may also overtake writers.

“For the past several days, I have been hearing about the AI chatbot ChatGPT,” Bergen writes.

“Users of the tool claim to be able to write coherent essays and op-eds in seconds.”

“So, I signed up to give it a try and asked it to perform a task that I had hitherto believed required at least some level of skill. I asked ChatGPT to ‘Write an op-ed in the style of Peter Bergen.'”

The journalist shared the AI-generated opinion piece and argued that while it was impressive, it did contain some factual errors.

Bergen attributed the mistakes to the fact that ChatGPT was created in 2021 and may not have knowledge of current events.

He then asked the AI-powered tool a historical question about the role of women in the French Revolution.

The answer, Bergen said, was not exactly like the work of leading historians but did “suggest a future in which college students will likely be able to submit long and complicated papers that are entirely generated by AI.”

“And then what does it mean to be educated at a liberal arts college? And why go to all the bother and expense?” Bergen asked.

He continued: “So, I head into 2023 with a sobering realization. My career as a CNN op-ed writer, which began in earnest over a decade ago, may not exactly be over yet since AI-generated op-eds make factual errors – just as humans do, though those are typically caught during the fact-checking process.”

“Yet my writing career could still go the way of the grocery checkout jobs eliminated by automation.”

He noted that Al tools will keep getting smarter, and telling apart AI-written op-eds from ‘real’ human ones will also get harder over time.

“As a writer and professor, that makes for a dystopian future. (I promise this sentiment was not generated by AI),” Bergen concluded.

What is ChatGPT?​

In technical terms, ChatGPT is a language model that can produce text.

It’s based on the GPT 3.5 model created by San Francisco-based AI research lab Open AI.

The mind-blowing app can talk to you like a human, write poems, give you baking advice, solve complicated puzzles and so much more.

This Post: Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals first appeared on Internewscast

Remote : Wed, 28 Dec 2022 01:17:57 +0000
Local : 2022-12-28(Wednesday) 02 : 17 : 57
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

while i fully support tech like ChatGPT receiving more development time, i also think that in the future, the government and the employers and the public at large will have to decide which type of body can perform which type of jobs in any given society.
Lets be honest, we all know that even a really dumbed down version of AI will replace left Wingers

People forget what Artificial Intelligence is.
It is not a sentient, self-aware, or a thinking computer.

Artificial Intelligence is just a human created simulation that slightly approximates or appears to be similar to human skill levels.
But in reality is all just hard coded decisions choices made ahead of time.
There is absolutely no flexibility or nuance, and can only do what the programmer predicted you would want.

Artificial Intelligence is only useful in removing mundane and repetitive tasks from bothering humans.
It can never be used for anything remotely creative, new, complex, or requiring imagination at all.

The greatest risk is if people start believing this AI myth and let computers make choices computers are totally incompetent to do, like drive cars or handle 911 calls.
People have to remember that computers do not and can not ever think or feel.
They just spit out whatever programmers put in, and nothing else is remotely possible.
this is not true. sentient artificial intelligence would be perfectly able to simulate emotions based on human input too, and make all or part of it's decisions based on that.

and while i don't currently see any need for SIA to ever be created, criminals and deep state officers might feel differently about that.

this is not true. sentient artificial intelligence would be perfectly able to simulate emotions based on human input too, and make all or part of it's decisions based on that.

and while i don't currently see any need for SIA to ever be created, criminals and deep state officers might feel differently about that.
now, you wanted 'the other side of this coin'?

so do i.

but i can't predict what criminals and deep state officers are going to do.
i can't predict what the future will bring.
we'll have to see examples 'in the wild' (city streets and hilltops in China among those locations).

but we flesh-and-blood humans are still in the majority.
and i don't see that changing.
we have the numerical odds working in our favor, big-time.
we have the recharging-station power strength to win any skynet battle.
because we can unplug regular PCs and mainframes from the electrical grid.
give it a solid reboot :D

I doubt you will have to. As I have said several times, it is not happening anytime soon. But eventually...
he will be in his next incarnation by then anyways..
dinosaurs can be ignored these days ;)
we developed large bullets, and when we did that, plenty of knife fighters couldn't stand it one bit either ;)
they're in their next incarnations now too, and because guns beat knives, they just added guns to their ehh 'toolsets' :)
same for explosives & the other modern violent tools.

Last edited:
I’m ready to die at any time. I just hope to leave this world the way I entered it…. Screaming at the top of my lungs and knee deep in blood and gore.

And all the other deaths? The women and children dying?

Not to mention the damages to the infrastructure, agriculture and the things that make life meaningful? I get that you want all the misery you can get. But your complete lack of compassion is disturbingly socio-pathic.

This nation was founded on the premise we all deserve Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

And all the other deaths? The women and children dying?
There’s nothing wrong with people dying so long as the right people are dying and/or they’re dying for the right reason.
Not to mention the damages to the infrastructure, agriculture and the things that make life meaningful? I get that you want all the misery you can get. But your complete lack of compassion is disturbingly socio-pathic
The old, mottled phoenix must die in order to be born again, new and beautiful.

I don’t want misery; but I have accepted it is to be my lot in this life. We’ll see what the next life holds for me soon enough.

My lack of compassion is simply me holding up a mirror so the world can see what it has shown me.
This nation was founded on the premise we all deserve Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
That’s one take on it. My family, which was here at that time has a different take on it; namely that this nation was founded to be the last hope for decency and propriety in the world.

Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals : INTERNEWSCAST

ARTIFICIAL intelligence could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts have claimed.

In a new opinion piece for CNN, Peter Bergen says that for a while experts have speculated AI will replace humans in fields such as customer service, insurance underwriting, and manufacturing.

AI could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts sayCredit: Getty

“For the past several days, I have been hearing about the AI chatbot ChatGPT,” Bergen writes.

“Users of the tool claim to be able to write coherent essays and op-eds in seconds.”

“So, I signed up to give it a try and asked it to perform a task that I had hitherto believed required at least some level of skill. I asked ChatGPT to ‘Write an op-ed in the style of Peter Bergen.'”

The journalist shared the AI-generated opinion piece and argued that while it was impressive, it did contain some factual errors.

Bergen attributed the mistakes to the fact that ChatGPT was created in 2021 and may not have knowledge of current events.

He then asked the AI-powered tool a historical question about the role of women in the French Revolution.

The answer, Bergen said, was not exactly like the work of leading historians but did “suggest a future in which college students will likely be able to submit long and complicated papers that are entirely generated by AI.”

“And then what does it mean to be educated at a liberal arts college? And why go to all the bother and expense?” Bergen asked.

He continued: “So, I head into 2023 with a sobering realization. My career as a CNN op-ed writer, which began in earnest over a decade ago, may not exactly be over yet since AI-generated op-eds make factual errors – just as humans do, though those are typically caught during the fact-checking process.”

“Yet my writing career could still go the way of the grocery checkout jobs eliminated by automation.”

He noted that Al tools will keep getting smarter, and telling apart AI-written op-eds from ‘real’ human ones will also get harder over time.

“As a writer and professor, that makes for a dystopian future. (I promise this sentiment was not generated by AI),” Bergen concluded.

What is ChatGPT?​

It’s based on the GPT 3.5 model created by San Francisco-based AI research lab Open AI.

The mind-blowing app can talk to you like a human, write poems, give you baking advice, solve complicated puzzles and so much more.

This Post: Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals first appeared on Internewscast

while i fully support tech like ChatGPT receiving more development time, i also think that in the future, the government and the employers and the public at large will have to decide which type of body can perform which type of jobs in any given society.

76u1n1.jpg

What is ChatGPT?​

The solution to advanced 21st-century technology replacing human wage labor, is to adopt a system of production that is non-profit. The means of production i.e. facilities, autonomous machines, and artificial intelligence. etc is publically owned and we produce everything that we consume to meet our needs rather than to sell it in a marketplace.

photo_2022-04-16_11-07-32.jpg

Based on how insufferable automated customer service chat and telephone systems are, I am not going to bet the farm on AI quite yet. Sure it may be able to kick my ass in chess, but it sure seems unable to get me to the right department let alone to answer the right questions
There will be a day when AI comes to the conclusion it's creators are a problem and need to be fixed.....permanently.

What is ChatGPT?​

I had time to play around with ChatGPT over the holidays. I asked it to solve some math problems. It was pretty good at solving equations written in mathematical notation. It sucked at solving word problems. I gave it some geometry problems (using words not diagrams) and it was hit and miss on those.

I also asked it some general questions. One problem is that it used information from the net that may be true or not. Often times it would be possible to rephrase the questions slightly differently and get contradictory answers.

There will be a day when AI comes to the conclusion it's creators are a problem and need to be fixed.....permanently.
It depends on how we program and use AI. An AI designed to examine CT Scans at a local hospital that specializes in finding cancer, isn't going to kill humanity or take over the world. AI along with advanced automation technology and autonomous machinery will inevitably replace human labor hence the public will be forced to adopt a socialized, democratized, and non-profit system of production. Without wage labor or with too little of it we won't have a market due to the lack of paying consumers. Customers pay capitalists, for the products they consume, with their wages. Eliminate wage-labor or significantly reduce it with advanced automation technology and you no longer have a market, hence you have to produce everything with a different motive and objective, which is based upon a publicly owned, non-profit system of production.

Copy of Copy of Black Modern Girl Youtube Profile Picture (500 × 500 px) (800 × 500 px) (800 ×...gif

Last edited:
I had time to play around with ChatGPT over the holidays. I asked it to solve some math problems. It was pretty good at solving equations written in mathematical notation. It sucked at solving word problems. I gave it some geometry problems (using words not diagrams) and it was hit and miss on those.

I also asked it some general questions. One problem is that it used information from the net that may be true or not. Often times it would be possible to rephrase the questions slightly differently and get contradictory answers.
ChatGPT is impressive but it's nothing compared to what it could be if more resources were available for it. The potential for ChatGPT and other similar AIs is orders of magnitude greater than what we the public are seeing now with these introductory testing/sampling opportunities. ChatGPT isn't designed for mathematics, although it could be and become just as good if not better than humans at math.

It depends on how we program and use AI. An AI designed to examine CT Scans at a local hospital that specializes in finding cancer, isn't going to kill humanity or take over the world. AI along with advanced automation technology and autonomous machinery will inevitably replace human labor hence the public will be forced to adopt a socialized, democratized, and non-profit system of production. Without wage labor or with too little of it we won't have a market due to the lack of paying consumers. Customers pay capitalists, for the products they consume, with their wages. Eliminate wage-labor or significantly reduce it with advanced automation technology and you no longer have a market, hence you have to produce everything with a different motive and objective, which is based upon a publicly owned, non-profit system of production.

Great, but AI has already shown racist determinations.

If the interests of society require the subjugation of a large portion of society, the choices are only made by the few who enjoy the freedom to do so.

That system, luckily, has died.
if workers are replaced by robots you seem to assume the robots will buy the products they produce....this is incorrect....robots buy nothing so industry collapses with no market for their products cause humans earn no wages to pay for all that shit at wal mart

Great, but AI has already shown racist determinations.
All of that can be fixed with programming and conditioning. An AI that analyzes CT Scans isn't going to be racist. Maybe a chat AI in a social platform may have a racist bias, due to the data it has been fed. So you are making a good point, however, that can be resolved. It's not a problem worth throwing AI in the trash bin for. That can be fixed.

Forum List

Back