Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals : INTERNEWSCAST

Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals

ARTIFICIAL intelligence could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts have claimed.

In a new opinion piece for CNN, Peter Bergen says that for a while experts have speculated AI will replace humans in fields such as customer service, insurance underwriting, and manufacturing.
AI could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts say

AI could one day replace human workers in four major industries, experts sayCredit: Getty
But now, Bergen has expressed concern that AI may also overtake writers.

“For the past several days, I have been hearing about the AI chatbot ChatGPT,” Bergen writes.

“Users of the tool claim to be able to write coherent essays and op-eds in seconds.”

“So, I signed up to give it a try and asked it to perform a task that I had hitherto believed required at least some level of skill. I asked ChatGPT to ‘Write an op-ed in the style of Peter Bergen.'”

The journalist shared the AI-generated opinion piece and argued that while it was impressive, it did contain some factual errors.

Bergen attributed the mistakes to the fact that ChatGPT was created in 2021 and may not have knowledge of current events.

He then asked the AI-powered tool a historical question about the role of women in the French Revolution.

The answer, Bergen said, was not exactly like the work of leading historians but did “suggest a future in which college students will likely be able to submit long and complicated papers that are entirely generated by AI.”

“And then what does it mean to be educated at a liberal arts college? And why go to all the bother and expense?” Bergen asked.

He continued: “So, I head into 2023 with a sobering realization. My career as a CNN op-ed writer, which began in earnest over a decade ago, may not exactly be over yet since AI-generated op-eds make factual errors – just as humans do, though those are typically caught during the fact-checking process.”

“Yet my writing career could still go the way of the grocery checkout jobs eliminated by automation.”

He noted that Al tools will keep getting smarter, and telling apart AI-written op-eds from ‘real’ human ones will also get harder over time.

“As a writer and professor, that makes for a dystopian future. (I promise this sentiment was not generated by AI),” Bergen concluded.

What is ChatGPT?​

In technical terms, ChatGPT is a language model that can produce text.

It’s based on the GPT 3.5 model created by San Francisco-based AI research lab Open AI.

The mind-blowing app can talk to you like a human, write poems, give you baking advice, solve complicated puzzles and so much more.

This Post: Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries and leave billions without jobs, expert reveals first appeared on Internewscast

Remote : Wed, 28 Dec 2022 01:17:57 +0000
Local : 2022-12-28(Wednesday) 02 : 17 : 57

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

while i fully support tech like ChatGPT receiving more development time, i also think that in the future, the government and the employers and the public at large will have to decide which type of body can perform which type of jobs in any given society.

while i fully support tech like ChatGPT receiving more development time, i also think that in the future, the government and the employers and the public at large will have to decide which type of body can perform which type of jobs in any given society.
as SI (sentient intelligence) starts to become better than humans in certain professions, humans can move to yet other or new professions.
both SI and humans would have to be trained for roles in society. and possibly re-trained at some point in their lives. lifespans of robots may be far longer than a human's. that's gotta get factored in by the bean-counters too.

and like always, the pie eaters like me do hope for a stable peaceful economy at all points throughout the future, where-ever humanity may go. :)

Replacing lawyers and politicians would be a good start. Can you even fathom what applying the letter of the law and pure logic would be like?
i can actually. i'm a full stack web-developer and webserver administrator. i run my own .com

but you'd still have the problems of threats and corruption.
infinite intellect and IQ doesn't change that.

The trades will be the last thing to go. I'll be dead for a long time before they make a machine that can do what I do.

made by a company that is selling these things, dressed up and trained as butlers, to hospitals.
saw an ad for that on Fox News once.
vapor is worth nothing on the open market, and can never gain national-TV advertisement funding.
What company? Got a link? Let's see what they are really selling, that video is all CGI.

Artificial intelligence could replace humans in four key industries
ARTIFICIAL intelligence could one day replace human workers in four major industries
AI will replace humans in fields such as customer service, insurance underwriting, and manufacturing.
AI could one day replace human workers in four major industries

What do you say? AI could replace us in three key fields? Five? :smoke:
Thanks for repeating the same thing SIX TIMES/ Very interesting reading. :eusa_whistle:

as SI (sentient intelligence) starts to become better than humans in certain professions, humans can move to yet other or new professions.
both SI and humans would have to be trained for roles in society. and possibly re-trained at some point in their lives. lifespans of robots may be far longer than a human's. that's gotta get factored in by the bean-counters too.

and like always, the pie eaters like me do hope for a stable peaceful economy at all points throughout the future, where-ever humanity may go. :)
AI has demolished human chess players, GO players, even no limit hold ‘em players. I think 3 to 5 years tops they’ll supplant humans in everything.

Forum List

Back