Article: Scientists may find life on Earth-like planets covered in oceans within the next few years

I note that you were unable to produce any documentation for your implied disagreement.
I notice you only can cite the opinions of religious freaks with zero research or evidence to support your insanity. That's because all of the evidence is on my side, and you would fail a 7th grade science quiz.

"
Life outside our solar system may be found within just a few years, thanks to the discovery of a new class of super hot, Earth-like planets, according to astronomers from the University of Cambridge.

The Cambridge researchers identified a new class of exoplanet, called Hycean planets, that, much like Earth, are covered in oceans and have atmospheres rich with hydrogen, an element that is essential for life. Many of the planets are "bigger and hotter than Earth"— up to 2.6 times larger than our planet and reaching atmospheric temperatures up to nearly 200 degrees Celsius, or 392 degrees Fahrenheit.

Hyceans are further categorized as either "dark" or "cold," with dark worlds only having habitable conditions on their permanent night sides and cold worlds receiving just a little radiation from the stars they orbit. But researchers believe that they could support microbial lifeforms that are similar to those found in the extreme aquatic environments on Earth, and that Hycean planets are likely common throughout space. ..."

It is going to be a interesting few years in the field. Finding and classifying/understanding the "biosignatures" is a field of science just now being born.
I hope it happens in my lifetime

God spoke his Word and the universe was created. God created the energy to do it. He can do anything He wants.
God the Easter Bunny spoke his word and the universe was created. God the Easter Bunny created the energy to do it. He [the Easter Bunny] can do everything.

Because they like hot dogs.
Or, because reason and rationality as the underpinnings of science have proven to be among the most influential and impactful human endeavors. It inspires thinking and iconoclasm rather than the intellectual rigor mortis of religious dogma.

And in this way it accomplishes what most religious beliefs do not; progress. This is why scientific and intellectual investigation deserves so much deference in comparison to the dogna delivered by religious faith. Science provides data and evidence that affords qualification for our rational allegiance.

I'm hoping we don't find life.

We haven't found any advanced civilizations.

If we find life, it raises the odds that life always tends to wipe itself out, since that explains the lack of advanced civilizations.

And if life always wipes itself out, the odds for us aren't good.

I'm hoping we don't find life.

We haven't found any advanced civilizations.

If we find life, it raises the odds that life always tends to wipe itself out, since that explains the lack of advanced civilizations.

And if life always wipes itself out, the odds for us aren't good.
We already know the odds are not good for us just by knowing nearly every species that has ever existed on Earth is now extinct. But if we make a run like a million years, that's pretty good.

Or, because reason and rationality as the underpinnings of science have proven to be among the most influential and impactful human endeavors. It inspires thinking and iconoclasm rather than the intellectual rigor mortis of religious dogma.

And in this way it accomplishes what most religious beliefs do not; progress. This is why scientific and intellectual investigation deserves so much deference in comparison to the dogna delivered by religious faith. Science provides data and evidence that affords qualification for our rational allegiance.
Oh, totally agree. I'm picking up what you're laying down. I find if you pay attention to the road signs and keep your tank full you have a good chance of getting to your destination safely. Oh, and always make sure your gun is never too far away.

Abiogenesis will never happen in your lifetime or anyone else's lifetime. It's an atheist religion fairy tale.
Abiogenesis has already happened. We know that with absolute certainty. Life on the planet is proof of abiogenesis.

As usual, the Flat Earther can't make some obvious deductions. On the other hand, such things as talking snakes and people falling off the edge of the earth are events we are exceedingly unlikely to see in our lifetime. Although, religious kooks drinking kool-aid in odd religious rituals and a christian religious denomination managing a child sex trafficking syndicate are possibilities of things we will see.

I notice you only can cite the opinions of religious freaks with zero research or evidence to support your insanity. That's because all of the evidence is on my side, and you would fail a 7th grade science quiz.

I cite documentation that eviscerates what you are trained to believe.

You might be able to come close to doing same if you ever read a book...

You haven't.....have you.

"
Life outside our solar system may be found within just a few years, thanks to the discovery of a new class of super hot, Earth-like planets, according to astronomers from the University of Cambridge.

The Cambridge researchers identified a new class of exoplanet, called Hycean planets, that, much like Earth, are covered in oceans and have atmospheres rich with hydrogen, an element that is essential for life. Many of the planets are "bigger and hotter than Earth"— up to 2.6 times larger than our planet and reaching atmospheric temperatures up to nearly 200 degrees Celsius, or 392 degrees Fahrenheit.

Hyceans are further categorized as either "dark" or "cold," with dark worlds only having habitable conditions on their permanent night sides and cold worlds receiving just a little radiation from the stars they orbit. But researchers believe that they could support microbial lifeforms that are similar to those found in the extreme aquatic environments on Earth, and that Hycean planets are likely common throughout space. ..."

It is going to be a interesting few years in the field. Finding and classifying/understanding the "biosignatures" is a field of science just now being born.

For them to find life on those red hot planets is the equivalent of god returning to save us all and we know about that.

Forum List

Back